Code of Conduct

Default PdN NY - Anyone ever seen a knock-off of it?

Just wondering, as I snagged a very inexpensive 1.7oz bottle for only $30 on eBay the other day...

Default Re: PdN NY - Anyone ever seen a knock-off of it?

That's about right for a bottle that size, I think, considering the 100ml bottle can be had for about $65.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Hmm... Thought it was usually more expensive, as it is so hard to find!

Basenotes Plus

John- of all the frags to knock off, PDN New York is a least likely suspect. I checked the picture on your auction and it looks legit. It would seem that you got a good buy.

To be honest, I'm not sure if Nicolai New York has 1.7 oz bottles? . I have only seen 100 ml bottles of these on websites. Or is it an old bottle?
    Look: http://www.pnicolai.com/catalog/inde...d42cf1b5b183cc

Stuigi - that was my thought as well. Who would bother, really? But, just wondering!

Basenotes Plus

They did use those bottles for New York at one time. I had one and it was the real deal.

Lightninrod and I both both bought bottles from this same dealer on eBay. In fact, Lightninrod even posted a thread on this very subject not even a week ago.

Will let you all know what gives when I receive my bottle in the mail -- that should be soon enough.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I know the seller you are talking about, this is about the THIRD thread about it and his PdN NY in the past week. Please search the archives for a whole discussion.

Anyway, the conclusion we came to was that they are legit, but the older bottle style. Several other members have this bottle style and confirmed that it is okay.

But, as I said on those threads, too, fakers generally go for brands that everybody recognizes. As such, they'd fake Mugler, Tommy, or Armani LONG before they'd do PdN. In clothes and bags, this is why LV and Gucci are faked long before Valextra, Goyard, or Schedoni, despite the fact that these three brands are of much higher price and quality than the other two.

In short, I'd be more worried about the juice having turned from being a few years old than that the bottles are fake.

EDITED TO ADD: oops, tvlampboy and I posted at the same time.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

Hope they havn't 'turned' as I bought two of them; one for a gift. As Matt said, they should be here any day now.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Lightninrod
    Hope they havn't 'turned' as I bought two of them; one for a gift. As Matt said, they should be here any day now.

Dan
    Hi Dan,

Yes, please let us know as soon as you get yours. I also bought one (in addition to a few others from this guy), but mine probably won't arrive until the end of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by eric
    To be honest, I'm not sure if Nicolai New York has 1.7 oz bottles? .
    http://www.florenceparfumerie.com/ca...936f5f87bc2287
    Ce message provient du Québec!

Aaaah..., ok...

Quote Originally Posted by rach2jlc
    Hi Dan,

Yes, please let us know as soon as you get yours. I also bought one (in addition to a few others from this guy), but mine probably won't arrive until the end of the week.
    As far as I can tell, this is the real deal and it is a rich smelling frag .

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

That's good news, Dan, thanks. I talked to the seller a few times and he let me know that he'd take care of any spoilage issues with a refund/credit (he said that they tested samples to make sure that they hadn't spoiled). But, I'd much rather have PdN NY at a good price than a refund for a spoiled frag!

Mine should come tomorrow; I'll also post then.

I got a bottle today (a 50ml one), which I bought from Patrick70 here.
    My goodness, this stuff is absolutely amazing!
    I understand Luca Turin's enthusiasm now!

At the beginning I got some lemon/vanilla which reminded me of Habit Rouge.
    Then I got whiffs of Chanel Pour Monsieur concentrée, then Équipage (the carnation/clove).
    An instant classic!
    Ce message provient du Québec!

I received mine, as well, and it is definitely the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightninrod
    As far as I can tell, this is the real deal and it is a rich smelling frag .

Dan

Slightly off topic, but I always wondered why Patricia de Nicolai hasn't been able to work for Guerlain.
    Jean Paul Guerlain was her mentor and it it's obvious Guerlain is in her blood. Even her fragrances have the classic Guerlain touch. It would have been great if LVMH considered this, so Guerlain would still have been a familly buisiness.