Code of Conduct

Thread: Guess Man

Talking Guess Man

Well, I searched for 'Guess' and came up with 20 threads so here I'm going to post a new thread.

Well I've been reading posts and getting replies online on what to wear, everything from Bvlgari to Zegna.

I spritz them on paper and have been going to different departments asking females to comment...without telling them outright what the fragrance is

So I've been to six department stores and have been testing the same fragrances over and over again...here they are plus comments:

Cartier Declaration - dry down smells like ass, or body odor; the man at the department store recommended another Cartier 'Pasha', it too smelled like ass after a while =(

Bvlgari original - can't smell it after 5 minutes

Givency Blue - light and aqautic, similar to Acqua di Gio but less sweet, goes away too quickly: this would be decent if it didn't disappear so quickly

Nautica Voyage - very light and fresh, disappears tooo quickly

Cool Water - some like it, one didn't, but to me it smells similar to Guess

Man, but the smell goes away fast

CK Euphoria - some like it, I like it, some don't like it at all

Versace Man Eau Fraiche - fresh, I like it and so do others, but it gives me and other people a headache even though it seems light. ?? I wonder why.

Sean John - Smells like cola, but actually smells good

Lacoste Essential - first time it smelled bad, a second dept store it seemed decent and girls like it

Acqua di Gio - everyone loves this, so i put it in the batch for others as a comparo

and Guess Man - Smells kinda like Cool Water, but better in a way, smells like berries to me, and the girls seem to like it, sweet, but not too sweet (allure is a sweet one), and does not have that vanilla powdery smell that some people like (I don't like it too much...think Jean Paul Gaultier) I'm leaning towards it.

I like Guess Man, and girls say they like it too...so that may be the one I'm getting this winter.

Any thoughts? Anyone try the new Guess Man yet? I've tried to find Vial's online for my girl to sample, but all I get is the old Guess Men by Georges Marciano himself. Lemme know if you find it. The bottle is green and silver.

Default Re: Guess Man

I almost bought this blind at Ross this weekend (a habit I'm trying quite hard to break!) They had a 1.7oz for $13 which seemed like an ok deal.

I've only smelled it once (a gift box of it was ripped open at a local grocery store and I saw it as an opportunity to sample it.. ) I didn't dislike it but wasn't thrilled by it either.

It used to be my signature scent until I met someone who is now a good friend of mine at college who wears it. Now it's Chanel Allure/Issey.
    But yeah, Guess Man is awesome. Definitely get it.

I own it and I really love it. It's a great frag IMO.
    Chipmunks love to eat nuts. Don't go to the woods without pants. (°<

I think Guess Man gets overlooked a lot around here. It's nothing earthshattering, but I find it to be a great fragrance to wear when I can't decide on anything else. I find it similar to Curve and a few other "fresh" scents, but there's something about this one that I like (while I tend to detest the others). It seems more of a summer fragrance to me, but I'll give it a shot and see how it does in the cooler weather.

In my humble opinion,

Guess man is decent, but way too generic, man! It is good to have around I guess...Something I'd wear when I wasn't in the mood for my 25 other scents. It just smells like so many other things - Zegna for instance. I'm not saying it smells bad - I actually like what I CAN smell, but that brings me to another point - It seems quite light.

I'd suggest the Sean Jean over the Guess any day. It will do everything the Guess will do and then some.

---
    A few sidenotes -

To quote the movie "Anchorman" : Cartier Declaration smells like "A dirty diaper filled with Indian food"! - This came to mind right away when I read you description of "ass"! Seriously though, it does smell like indian food and supermusk.

The lacoste and the Versace eau fraiche are also good ones I'd reccommend over the others.

Another thing- You've got some admirable confidence! I respect people who are not afraid to be social enough to approach random people for a reason like this. Most people don't have the balls to do this, but those of us who do, are generally well-received. Good for you!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Quote Originally Posted by robg3176
    Well, I searched for 'Guess' and came up with 20 threads so here I'm going to post a new thread.

and Guess Man - Smells kinda like Cool Water, but better in a way, smells like berries to me, and the girls seem to like it, sweet, but not too sweet (allure is a sweet one), and does not have that vanilla powdery smell that some people like (I don't like it too much...think Jean Paul Gaultier) I'm leaning towards it.

I like Guess Man, and girls say they like it too...so that may be the one I'm getting this winter.

Any thoughts? Anyone try the new Guess Man yet? I've tried to find Vial's online for my girl to sample, but all I get is the old Guess Men by Georges Marciano himself. Lemme know if you find it. The bottle is green and silver.

I get a very nice spicy-apple scent when first smelling Guess Man. Not like the sour apple in KC's Reaction, more of an apple pie smell. Very nice scent. As for it's originality, I own over 25 scents and my girlfriend can tell me everytime I'm wearing Guess Man. I've heard it compared to Curve for Men, go figure, because I dont care for that one.
    I'm a fresh scent junkie and proud of it!

Thanks everyone for the opinions, especially you Perfectfeet. I like the references to "Anchorman" and yes, I love what I smell, but I like to approach people to get other opinions, friendly or not...but I found that all of the times no one has said 'No' and were willing to give me their opinions. Thanks again.

Never cared for Guess Man.

Quote Originally Posted by xanelx7 View Post
    I have the 2.5 bottle for sale for 40-45 willing to ship!
    A. You're about 5 years late to the OP.
    B. This is not the marketplace forum.

C. Guess Man is horrible

Guess Man is unusual, yes, and definitely not generic (none of the Guess ones are) beats me where the OP gets the comparison to Cool Water from.

I think if it was a niche scent it would be much more loved than it is.

I have Guess, Guess Man and Guess Suede. To my nose there's something discordant about all of them. I didn't used to like that in a scent, but over the years I find I go back to them regardless - like I did with other odd scents like Lagerfeld Photo and Herrera for Men.
    Regards,
    Renato

Nice smell(not great) .... Nothing else
    Longevity 2 mins at most
    Top 10 :
    1-Strictly Private Baldessarini
    2-Pure Havane
    3-Midnight in Paris
    4-Amber Sultan -- Chergui
    5-Dunhill Desire -- Aigner Black
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    6-Seduction in Black -- La nuit de L'homme
    7-Angel Schlesser oriental edition II -- J.del Puzo Arabian Nights
    8-Versace PH -- Versace The Dreamer
    9-Mont Blanc Individuele -- Mont Blanc Legend
    10-Dirty English -- CK Shock -- CH men

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME1996 View Post
    Longevity 2 mins at most
    I sprayed some on my hand 8 hours ago. It's still there.
    Try it on paper to see if it's your skin that's causing the poor longevity.
    Renato