2 8.33%
  • Givenchy Blue Label

6 25.00%
  • Sean John

6 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Guess Man

Talking Guess Man

Well, I searched for 'Guess' and came up with 20 threads so here I'm going to post a new thread.
    I've been reading posts and getting replies online on what to wear, everything from Bvlgari to Zegna.
    I spritz them on paper and have been going to different departments asking females to comment...without telling them outright what the fragrance is
    So I've been to six department stores and have been testing the same fragrances over and over again...here they are plus comments:

Cartier Declaration - dry down smells like ass, or body odor; the man at the department store recommended another Cartier 'Pasha', it too smelled like ass after a while =(

Bvlgari original - can't smell it after 5 minutes

Givency Blue - light and aqautic, similar to Acqua di Gio but less sweet, goes away too quickly: this would be decent if it didn't disappear so quickly

Nautica Voyage - very light and fresh, disappears tooo quickly

Cool Water - some like it, one didn't, but to me it smells similar to Guess

Man, but the smell goes away fast

CK Euphoria - some like it, I like it, some don't like it at all

Versace Man Eau Fraiche - fresh, I like it and so do others, but it gives me and other people a headache even though it seems light. ?? I wonder why.

Sean John - Smells like cola, but actually smells good

Lacoste Essential - first time it smelled bad, a second dept store it seemed decent and girls like it

Acqua di Gio - everyone loves this, so i put it in the batch for others as a comparo

and Guess Man - Smells kinda like Cool Water, but better in a way, smells like berries to me, and the girls seem to like it, sweet, but not too sweet (allure is a sweet one), and does not have that vanilla powdery smell that some people like (I don't like it too much...think Jean Paul Gaultier) I'm leaning towards it.

I like Guess Man, and girls say they like it too...so that may be the one I'm getting this winter.

Any thoughts? Anyone try the new Guess Man yet? I've tried to find Vial's online for my girl to sample, but all I get is the old Guess Men by Georges Marciano himself. Lemme know if you find it. The bottle is green and silver.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Guess Man

I would pick Blue Label (Givenchy) out of that batch, because for one it's a great woody/aquatic scent and for two none of the other scents stand out much. You should definately reassess these scents though, because some of your impressions don't make much sense. For instance, Blue Label is actually pretty strong and lasts a really long time. I found the top notes to be annoying, but the drydown was very pleasant and surprisingly persistant. Often it takes a few wearings to know the true longevity of a scent. Trust me, Blue Label lasts.

Thanks for the reply Giraffe...redarding Blue Label, maybe it seems to disappear in the sense (no pun intended) that my olfactory senses become numb to it overtime...that's the only explanation that makes sense to me. I do like it a lot, and people do say that it lasts, but for some reason I just cannot detect the smell anymore after a few minutes. Although I'll have to ask the wifey to smell it when i do see her a couple hours after i have it on. I do have a sample vial coming in for her, this as well as the other fragrances i have listed. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giraffe
    I would pick Blue Label (Givenchy) out of that batch, because for one it's a great woody/aquatic scent and for two none of the other scents stand out much. You should definately reassess these scents though, because some of your impressions don't make much sense. For instance, Blue Label is actually pretty strong and lasts a really long time. I found the top notes to be annoying, but the drydown was very pleasant and surprisingly persistant. Often it takes a few wearings to know the true longevity of a scent. Trust me, Blue Label lasts.

Yes, I agree with the longevity in Blue Label, no problem with it lasting. Very strong scent, projects itself well.

I also picked Givenchy BL out of those scents, a woody-aquatic that can be used all year around.
    Last edited by Words; 29th November 2006 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Changed words around
    I'm a fresh scent junkie and proud of it!

Spring Top 10

1) Platinum Egoiste
    2) CK Truth
    3) Light Blue (Women's)
    4) Dolce & Gabbana PH
    5) Image
    6) Gendarme Mojo
    7) Artisan Black
    8) Mat; Male
    9) Live Jazz
    10) Sentiment

Post Thanks / Like

Wearing Blue Label today and I agree with the previous post. I pick it.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Thrax

Nautica Voyage for this feller.

I voted for Guess Man, but Nautica Voyage was also a surprise to me. Smells like Eau de Grey Flannel but longer lasting.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

i have a big 2.5 oz bottle of guess man.. loved the scent. its citrusy and fresh, perfect for every day use. i also like it because its subtle, it doesn't shout "hey i'm wearing cologne".

Stay FAR AWAY from Guess Man. It simply has the worst lasting power on earth (on me) and the 5 minutes it works it is nothing special.

Pick something else - everything will be better.

Mic.