Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain Guet-Apens - opinions?

Hi all,

do you have any experiences / opinions concerning Guerlain's classic Guet-Apens? Is it a pure female fragrance or more unisex (as for xample Metalys and Jicky)? The reviews I've read describe it as a fresh yet powdery, floral yet smokey chypre, and I can't imagine how this mixture may smell. Are there similarities to other fragrances?

Thanks in advance
    Gerald

Default Re: Guerlain Guet-Apens - opinions?

After finishing a couple of bottles you can safely say: I love this scent. But unisex? Not in my opinion, at least not in the usual meaning of the word It feels very feminine to me, but if you love it....well, why not wear it? Jicky is a scent I love on my DH, Metallica is horrible on him and Guet Apens he downright refused to wear.

And fresh? I could be me, but I never experienced any fresh notes at all. It is warm, sensual, creamy and indeed a bit powdery. Notes of rose, iris, sandalwood, vanilla.....

Guerlain reisssued this scent last year under the name Attrape Coeur and most people seem to agree that it is really the same scent (maybe a slight doubt about the topnote, but nothing serious). And since this one is fresh and available in Paris, it is worth considering to try a sample of Attrape Coeur first.

Try it and don't bother if it is unisex or not. When you love it, you will have found a great scent.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Overcome By Fumes

Default Re: Guerlain Guet-Apens - opinions?

Riannon's description is good, but the basenotes are rich enough to offset the somewhat floral top. It's got quite a bit of rose in case that would put you off, but I have found it quite wearable as a guy.