Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: In-creed-ible choices

Quote Originally Posted by GenuineImitationLife
    Must confess I found Angelique Encens (sample from Les Senteurs) to be a vanilla overdose. It made me think of vanilla ice cream flavoured incense; Church of the Vanilla Pod or something.
    I agree. And I would be tempted to join such a church.

Quote Originally Posted by GenuineImitationLife
    I find similarities with Egoiste, another over-the-top vanilla that I have rejected.
    Égoïste apparently does contain vanilla, but the note doesn't seem conspicuous to me at any stage. I tend to like vanilla fragrances, but for me Égoïste is something else.

Quote Originally Posted by ifconfig
    Have you tried Bois du Portugal? Does it have the same problems with staying power? I think a good perfume, especially one that costs as much as Creeds, should absolutely have the requisite lasting power.
    I agree a good fragrance must have good longevity, and it would be nice if we could rely on expensive fragrances to be good; but I'm afraid we can't.

In my experience Bois du Portugal lasts much longer than other Creeds, but as I have written before, the bold dry wood and spice notes I enjoy fade in the first few hours, eventually leaving behind something else I find mildly repulsive.

Quote Originally Posted by ifconfig
    Sooner or later, bad, everyone's from Texas! Heck, you guys got enough room.

That sounds great. I'll simply have to get a sample of MI. Do you have the aforementioned problems with longevity?
    When I had a small, sample, vial, I treasured it so much that I forced myself to only two sprays from it-otherwise, it would have been used up in two outings! Nearly couldn't smell it on myself after the first hour had passed! I then decided to take Thrax's comments in a past thread into consideration (spraying half a dozen times, I believe). So I traveled to NM. At Neiman's, I graced myself six spritz of the wonderful liquid (as the SAs gave me inquisitorial looks) and walked though the mall.

Surprisingly, longevity was MUCH longer than I anticipated. I must have gotten four or five hours out of it before it vanished into fragrant dust.

I'm getting a full bottle when I mow enough lawns.

Montgomery, AL

I've ordered a sampler of Silver Mountain Water from perfumebay. I am waiting like it's Christmas already. If I like it, I will definately get a big bottle of it. Are most Creeds EdP or EdT because a different site will say different things about the same fragrance.

I generally detest fragrances that die off in an hour or even a few hours. I'll have to wait for a sample to try it myself--my newest resolutions are to (a) never buy blind again and; (b) test fragrances on my own skin before passing judgement.

Luckily, I have a BN'er who has graciously offered to send me a sample of BdP so I can do just that! What a great board.
    De gustibus non est disputandum