Code of Conduct

Default Perfumed Body Lotion and Body Créme

I have started to use perfumed bodylotion/créme instead of EdP at work. I thoughted it would smell more gentle. - But I am really surprised over how the lotions/crémes works. They are a little closer to the skin, but they are not more gentle, and the scent stays on really long, to my great surprice.

So right now I am very fond of the lotions/crémes. But they grow old faster than the EdP:s, I believe...

Are there any others on the board with the same good experienses of lotions/crémes?

How many different lotions/crémes do you own?

Default Re: Perfumed Body Lotion and Body Créme

I just the Just Me for Paris Hilton body lotion and it smells better than the EdP to me

I like to use them seperatly!

I think the lotion lasts longer ONLY if I use a genourous ammount!

After recently purchasing Rococo by Joop! EDP and really taking a liking to it, I bought the Rococo body lotion. It is the first perfumed body lotion I've tried and I too was pleasantly surprised by how strong and long-lasting it is. I love wearing mine to the office because the Rococo EDP can be a bit too overwhelming in a small space. And during the day I can rub the lotion on my hands for a quick refresher without it being as obvious as spraying perfume all over the place. Now I can't wait to try some of the other lotions of my favourite perfumes!

Lotion/cream sounds like a great way to refresh a scent at work without attracting undue attention -- hate to come off like I'm planning a hot meeting or something ;-) I hadn't thought of that, but will definitely have to try it.

Not all of the body line are good. I bought Mira Bai and its is far from the EdT. Better try, some of them are expensive but not worth to waste money.

So true what Alicka61 says about not all lotions/crèmes being good! Or, they can be good, but smelling too unlike the perfume to be satisfying. I once bought the Sensations (Jil Sander) body lotion. It was rather expensive (well, they are most of the time..), but regretted very much (hadn´t tested, of course), as it actually ruined the perfume for me.
    Some years ago I wore Estée body lotion (just the lotion), and got many compliments, but when I wore Estée on it´s own or layered with the lotion, it smelled very different, and not as good.
    I think it can be difficult to imitate the perfume, and make the transformation into a similar smelling lotion/crème. To make it smell the same, they even have to use somewhat other notes/ingredients.
    I´ve heard most Chanels are very close to the perfume, but never tested, since I´m not much into Chanel.
    BTW: Where do you guys apply the lotion? From top to toe? This thread inspired me to buy matching lotions, but since I use very much body moisturizer, a bottle wouldn´t hold for more than a week
    So far I´ve been using baby oil or almond oil

Of course not all lotions/cremes are good. One have to try out these, too...

I believe it is very difficult to make a lotion/créme smell exactly the same as the perfume. But EdT, EdP and perfume mostly don´t smell the same either. The smelling substanse is solved in oil in the lotion/créme, and comes out very different from solved in alcohol, as in EdP. If a lotion/créme is very close to the perfume, I guess the recepies is different for them two. And wearing a lotion/créme is a different experience than wearing a perfume, so I don´t ask of the lotion/créme to smell exactly the same. But I do want it to fit well with the perfume. - It´s a third experiense to wear both the lotion/créme and the perfume.

Quote Originally Posted by musse
    BTW: Where do you guys apply the lotion? From top to toe? This thread inspired me to buy matching lotions, but since I use very much body moisturizer, a bottle wouldn´t hold for more than a week
    So far I´ve been using baby oil or almond oil
    I have had the same doubt as you, Musse, I never thoughted the lotion/créme would last at all. But I got the advice to only put the perfumed lotion/créme on my arms, and use my ordinary stuff on the rest of the body. And so I do for every-day, and that is really enough, IMO. At special occations I can use more, on the decoltage, too, and sometimes on all above the waist. It is very seldom I have placed perfumed lotion over all my body.

It is really fun to have found a new way to wear fragances. But I do believe I can´t get myself as many lotions/crémes as I already own EdP´s. They can´t last more than two years from opening, I guess. Anybod who knows?

I find the lotions and creams to be pretty strong and long lasting too. I would never apply them like I do a regular moisturizing body lotion. What I do is use them with a fragrance-free lotion. I put a good amount of the unscented lotion in my hand and add just a little of the perfumed lotion, mixing it together before applying to my legs, arms, wherever. I like how it covers you with a soft veil of scent. And your lotion will go far this way.

I too have found that the lotions go bad way before the edt's & edp's.

I have too many to list, I've got to use them up! Opium and Paris body creams are so luxurious, and so is Angel. L'Instant body cream is wonderful, too. Lately, my favorite is Stella body milk. I wear the EDP with it (just a little) and get compliments hours later on what a wonderful scent it is. I love Iris Nobile body lotion, too. I've tried mixing unscented lotion with fragrance, and I much prefer to use the accompanying scented lotion instead of making my own. It really feels more luxurious to me to use the original scented lotion or body cream, so I get the matching lotion or cream when I can.

Thanks, everybody for sharing your thoughts about lotions and crémes! And a special thak to nirmala who shares what crémes you find wonderful!!!

I haven´t got myself crémes just for the créme-scent before. The lotions I already had was in giftboxes together with the EdP or they where on sale for 25%. But now I got my first ones I choosed by sniffing, Gucci I Lait Pour Le Corps and Prada. Both are wonderful and easier to wear than the EdP:s! - I am testing Chanel N:r 5 and Aromatics Elixir lotions today. The result is the same, they are more gentle than the EdP, and both are so wonderful! But I will finnish up what I already got before getting these...

Hi. My idea of excellent lotions include these:

Cashmere Mist by Donna Karan
    Curious by Britney Spears

Fantastic scents and very long-lasting IMO.

CK One & CK Be
    Sand N Sable

...are ones that I think are good as well.

I have been addicted to the following lotions and creams at different points in my recent past...so luxurious and embracing...

Shiseido Energizing fragrance body cream
    Benefit "Touch me and then try to leave" body cream
    Halo body lotion by Victoria Secret
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache