Code of Conduct

Default Gris Clair has the strongest sillage of any fragrance I've known

This is the second time I've tried Gris Clair, on each occasion I have had 2 x 1.2ml samples. Quite a small amount but wow.

I've had my second compliment ever today. The first one was about a year ago while wearing Paco Rabanne XS. This morning a gorgeous young woman I work with (although I'm gay, but I can see she's very hot-looking) said that I smell 'wonderful'. I was wearing an entire 1.2ml atomiser of Gris Clair, sprayed all over my body, and took the other one along during the day to top up. There is still some left and I've just sprayed one some more!

Weird, I don't usually like lavender scents but this stuff rocks somehow -- the sillage just pumps out continuously like a scent-machine
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

Default Re: Gris Clair has the strongest sillage of any fragrance I've known

Got a sample of Gris Clair from aedes.com and I have to agree that this is some strong stuff on my skin. I just sampled Blue Amber - Montale and this stuff was exploding off my skin also.

Cool, I have been very tempted by this as I really like lavender but have been a bit put of by the description of an "almond" note. Do you notice this note? Smelling of marzipan really doesn't appeal.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder
    Cool, I have been very tempted by this as I really like lavender but have been a bit put of by the description of an "almond" note. Do you notice this note? Smelling of marzipan really doesn't appeal.
    I can't detect almond particularly.

Lots of smoky lavender radiating as if someone had thrown a heap of pale grey lavender onto a fire made with precious wood logs.

The only thing I could compare this to might be L'Occitan by L'Occitane, also a smoke and lavender brew with heavy power.
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by GenuineImitationLife
    I can't detect almond particularly.

Lots of smoky lavender radiating as if someone had thrown a heap of pale grey lavender onto a fire made with precious wood logs.

The only thing I could compare this to might be L'Occitan by L'Occitane, also a smoke and lavender brew with heavy power.
    I don't know L'Occitan but I'm gonna have to try that Gris Clair now! By the way I have some SMW going cheap if you want it.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Gris Clair gives me about four to five hours. That's saying a lot. I think it's more potent than encens et lavande.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

If you think Gris Clair is a sillage monster, then I dare you to wear A*men for a day.

Talking Re: Gris Clair has the strongest sillage of any fragrance I've known

I am waiting for my sample of gris clair from aedes... now looking forward to it even more. thx.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

The few times i have worn GC around my father, he always says "that deodorant is way too strong, i would buy a different kind!" Even though it kind of pisses me off, i'm not about to tell him its a $92 fragrance.

I still love it, although now i'm always wondering what other people think because i haven't had any other comments, either positive or negative, from anyone else.

I guess my point is, i agree, it has some powerful sillage.

I've never tried Gris Clair, but it's interesting that it is a lavender scent, because the most powerful sillage I've ever experienced is that of Alfred Sung Homme (aka the Lavender Bomb). Now that's sillage!

I have a sample of Gris Clair coming in the mail. I'm really excited to try it after reading these posts.

To me it smells like burning electrical wires, but I certainly agree it's powerful.

The 'burning electrical wires' comment is interesting. Personally, I didn't get that, but it just shows how everyone's nose is so different.

I see A*men has been mentioned, and agree it does have strong sillage, maybe even more than Gris Clair, but when doing the title of this thread I should have said 'of any fragrance I've known and would wear'. The problem with A*men is that I would never wear it, I have no desire to smell like a bar of extremely bitter cooking chocolate that has been lying in an a puddle of motor oil for a week! (apologies to A*men fans )

Other sillage monsters I can think of that I would never wear include the two Gaultier horrors, Le Male and G2.

I quite like Gris Clair, and as I mentioned, it got me a compliment, but I probably won't purchase a bottle just at the moment. It's rather expensive and there are so many other fragrances on my to-buy list. But I'd recommend it to any lavender fans out there.

Wardrobe / Reviews

It does have good sillage, but by no means is it a lavender scent. Lavender is just the beautiful top note!
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.