Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Question De Nicolai - Maharadjah ?

Hi,

I looks like this one was discontinued but firstinfragrance.com offers a couple of bottles ("the last ones available") at EUR 102,00 for 100 ml. The not discontinued frags from de Nicolai are at EUR 85,00. I love the house and most of it s frags (the recently frequently discussed and absolutely great New York but also Baladin, Vetyver mand the melancholic Pour l Homme) and for that I am very interested in your comments on this one. The notes mentioned on firstinfragrance.com (patchouli, sandalwood, pepper and cinnamon contrasted with lavender and white flowers) read as this could be kind of a "fresh oriental"?

Any comments are helpfull.

Christian
    Guerlain: Après L´ondée - Chanel: Cuir de Russie - Dior: Dior Homme - Divine: L´homme de coeur - Caron: Le 3me homme
    ---------------------------

"Tra il fiore colto e l’ altro donato / l’ inesprimibile nulla" Giuseppe Ungaretti

Overcome By Fumes
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: De Nicolai - Maharadjah ?

This is one of my favorites from her house!

It is intensely true lavender, like fresh lavender oil, which fades to a nicely spiced cinnamon while the touches of lavender linger far longer than I ever expected lavender to last. It is truly a shame if it will be gone...

Quote Originally Posted by costello
    Hi,

I looks like this one was discontinued

Christian
    I don't think it's discontinued. Luckyscent carries it and so does Beautyhabit.

I really like this one. Very spicy and calming. I think Azsmells was a big proponent of it also. I think I remember last year when Beautyhabit had it's 20% off sale, he purchased this while many of the rest of us were going with PdN's New York or MPG's Santal Noble. If you look on Luckyscent's website, it's description states "not for everyone" and I totally agree. I happen to like it but it can be VERY spicy with the wrong application or if you're sweating.

Definitely an "acquired taste" frag.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321
    I don't think it's discontinued. Luckyscent carries it and so does Beautyhabit.

I really like this one. Very spicy and calming. I think Azsmells was a big proponent of it also. I think I remember last year when Beautyhabit had it's 20% off sale, he purchased this while many of the rest of us were going with PdN's New York or MPG's Santal Noble. If you look on Luckyscent's website, it's description states "not for everyone" and I totally agree. I happen to like it but it can be VERY spicy with the wrong application or if you're sweating.

Definitely an "acquired taste" frag.
    Wow you have a great memory or you are stalking me! haha
    Yeah I did purchase Maharadjah and New York blindly last year during the 20% off sale. Maharadjah is very warm and spicy, a lot of clove and cinnamon. I think this was made as a room spray too. I think it would be a great candle. I still have a little bit left of this but I haven't worn it much so I guess I must have decanted it out to people. I remember wearing this as a bedtime scent last winter. An amazing scent but just hard to find an occasion to wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azsmells
    Wow you have a great memory or you are stalking me! haha
    Lol ... nah ... it just stuck in my memory because I remember that sale and I'll bet 99% of the purchases from B*Noters were either PdN New York or MPG Santal Noble. Your Maharadjah purchase was one of the very few different from those two. It made me go out and sample it. I think you hit the nail on the head by saying it's a great frag but hard to find an occasion to wear it. That's probably why I never purchased it.