Code of Conduct

Default Your thoughts on Amarige...

I recently tried Amarige again after a very long time, and found it quite beautiful! I used to think it was too strong and flowery but now I really like that. Well, I was wondering what you all think of Amarige? And, if you wear it, what kind of reaction do you usually get from others?

Default Re: Your thoughts on Amarige...

I just recently revisited Amarige myself. (whole story is in my thread "annual scent dilemma") Anyway, it was quite by accident that I ended up with this frag again.

For some reason it plays out well on my skin. It is a dramatic opening, which I like, and it is sweet. For me it is unusual in that it stays sweet, doesn't turn ugly on me, and it doesn't drive me insane after an hour or two. It almost has no real middle notes or base notes on me. Softens over a few hours but that's about it. Only one other fragrance seems to stay "linear" on me and that's Allure.

I haven't worn it out in public yet but I can't wait to see how it goes over.

Can't wait to get other impressions on this!

I just tried Amarige today actually. At first I liked it a lot. Very classy and rich smelling. However, over the last few hours, it has done nothing but get sweeter and sweeter on me, and I'm finding myself slightly nauseated when I get a whiff of it. I tried to scrub it off, to no avail. I think on some women, though, this would smell wonderful. It's just not for me.

Cristy, I was afraid Amarige would do the same thing on me. After the third day though.......I seriously turned a corner on this one! Don't give up on it yet Try again once or twice and it may work.

It just stops short of getting to that sickly point on me as long as I'm careful about not applying too much.

I should point out I have the EDT, not sure if it comes in different strengths, just a thought.

I actually did bring home a sample of it from Sephora, so I will definitely give it a day or so and try again.

Funny how sometimes the first time we try something we hate it, and then later on we love it.

I guess we are fickle indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lalage
    I recently tried Amarige again after a very long time, and found it quite beautiful! I used to think it was too strong and flowery but now I really like that. Well, I was wondering what you all think of Amarige? And, if you wear it, what kind of reaction do you usually get from others?
    I bought this frag when it first debuted and have been a fan ever since. :bounce:

Some caveats: I have dry skin, live near the ocean (now) and am "of a certain age" so the "overpowering ripeness/loud scream" some have complained of do not happen on me. I love fruity florals and the sillage on this one is transcending. I am almost always asked what I am wearing and several have taken notes!

Perhaps be cautious in application and start small!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I have a mini that I love & I was just thinking this morning I should get a full-size bottle ASAP.

Yes I will agree, great sillage, and unbelievable lasting power. Even after 2 scrubs, this is still as strong as it was 30 minutes after I applied it. Ysatis is the same way on me. I wonder what gives these 2 such incredible endurance?

Thumbs up Re: Your thoughts on Amarige...

I also had Amarige when it was first released when I was a teenager. I loved it then, and I still love it. I must say, I did drift away from it as I 'grew up' but I appreciate it more now. It is difficult to find a fragrance that lasts, has no 'tricks' up it's sleeves and still smells the same from the start to end.
    I hadn't worn it for years, then bought it as a gift for a friend. It smelled wonderful on her - so I got a mini Parfum which I dab on strategically, and I love it. Nice and sweet with a bit of spice.
    It reminds me of the old '90's frags that were released about that time.
    eg: Red Door, Ysatis, Chloe Narcisse & White Diamonds. They can be strong enough to bonk you on the head, but when used with a demure hand these frags, (and I think Amarige is one of the best of the lot) still have alot of class and have a spot in my collection any day.