Code of Conduct

Default dry lutens iris silver mist

I Cant locate the thread on this topic.

anyway I think I will get my friend to bring back chene...

I tried 'iris silver mist' and it should maybe be called "iris in the mud run over by a 16 wheeler"
    I'm impressed that it came out 2 years before demeter dirt though!

Were there any other fragrances using er soil notes in a big way before this?
    Last edited by supermarky; 24th November 2006 at 09:16 AM.

Default Re: dry lutens iris silver mist

Send it to me if you don't like it! I've been wanting to try that one...Does it really smell like dirt?

"Iris Silver Mist" - paints a nice picture!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Supermarky, why did you decide on Chene? I have a bottle of Santal de Mysore on the way as I type this...oooh, I am so excited! I know you are looking for a dry SL so how did you ever decide? I probably asked 50 people for their opinion before I chose. I just hope I picked a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by supermarky
    I Cant locate the thread on this topic.
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=189615

Iris Silver doesn't smell like dirt IMO but like lipstick. Stuff gives me instant headache.
    Last edited by mentallo; 24th November 2006 at 06:31 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    WANTED buy/swap: Creed "Acier Aluminum" , L'Occitane "Eav des Bavx", Comme Des Garcons stuff especially "Dry Clean"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current Top 10: TM Cologne, Mark Birley, Dzing, Vetiver Extraordinaire, Geir, Divine's "L'Homme de Coeur", Penhaligons 'Endymion",
    Creed Original Vetiver, Diptique Tam Dao, Hugo Boss "Spirit"

I'll keep it unless you want to pay the $20 I paid! will throw in postage...!

Dependent

first scent it sent up a big ole "this smells like the glue on every envelope you ever licked"

if that's dirt - it's good dirt

Its starting to become a favorite. It's very agressive top note lasts a long time. I'll go through the 5 ml sample and forget about it.

They've worked out a way in the lab to give us iris and a considerable root ball included.

I would love to read how it compares to MPG's excellent Iris Bleu Gris
    -

I'll keep it unless you want to pay the $20 I paid! will throw in postage...!
    $20 for a Serge Lutens frag? Now THAT'S a deal if I've ever seen one..

I've kidn of misplaced the vial 20$ for a 1/4 oz decant isn't bad! 20 for 1/6 is very very common...

I chose chene from the petit livre des parfums. santal de mysore is nice, but . . . sweet. I'm sort of interested in the profumum santalum for being the one not so sweet sandalwood I've tried but .. . mysore is 2nd. chene just smelled good in the little sample and am told over and over it's one of the least sweet so decided chene it is. guy who got it for me has been back several days now wonder when I'm gettin it!

I was also sorely tempted by bois de violette though and this woman was gonna buy a bottle to split with me but she changed her mind .. .

I've kidn of misplaced the vial 20$ for a 1/4 oz decant isn't bad! 20 for 1/6 is very very common...

I chose chene from the petit livre des parfums. santal de mysore is nice, but . . . sweet. I'm sort of interested in the profumum santalum for being the one not so sweet sandalwood I've tried but .. . mysore is 2nd. chene just smelled good in the little sample and am told over and over it's one of the least sweet so decided chene it is. guy who got it for me has been back several days now wonder when I'm gettin it!

I was also sorely tempted by bois de violette though and this woman was gonna buy a bottle to split with me but she changed her mind .. .
    I absolutely agree that both Chene and Bois de Violette are by far more interesting than ISM. In fact last time I was in Paris I bought a bottle of Chene, which turned to be even better smelling on rainy days. Btw, for samples of Chene, I guess there's people selling samples of it in the Market Place...

Bois de Violette is Luca Turin's favorite of the Lutens line. Think of that what you will.
    De gustibus non est disputandum