Code of Conduct

Default Trying to ask women instead of men

best scent for a man that is ..........very original, himself, not a replica, natural, not a copy of thousands, very creative but not in top position, not influencible, simply original and self-conscient, 44 years of age, dark hair, light skin if it is important. Quiet and very deliberate, pleasant. Cares only about hygiene, doesn´t use frags. Would wear any good scent but not very loud. Something special, like he is.
    Should be a gift, thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Alicka61; 4th December 2006 at 07:53 PM.

Default Re: Trying to ask women instead of men

Alicka, as usual, the answer is far from being easy
    From your description, I believe your friend would be the right man for L'Antimatière by LesNez. It's the perfume I smelled which is closest to clean, warm skin without giving up its own personality. It's very special, IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

I've only recently become interested in men's fragrance, so I don't have a lot of experience in this department, but I'll give it a shot anyway and tell you what fragrance I really like - Antaeus by Chanel. To me its very distinctive and manly.

Smile Re: Trying to ask women instead of men

You might get more answers from the men's site, I love Pi, Gucci PH, M7, but I really don't know much at all about men's fragrance. Wish I could be more help.

My humble opinion, try these two. They are far from common (you may need to buy these online, most dept. stores have long purged there shelves of them), discreet, slyly sexy, understated, classy. And they smell good. Nothing weird or outlandish, just beautifully composed:

Égoïste (Chanel)

Nino Cerruti (Cerruti)

I know few male fragrances, but Platinum Egoiste and Antaeus by Chanel are wonderful fragrances, imo. The Egoiste is perhaps a bit brighter and lighter, the Antaeus is delightfully multilayered. Both are very classy. Something nice about Antaeus from a gifting point of view is that since it is named after a Greek God, you could include a description of the myth as a special touch.
    I have been reading some of the male posts about Bulgari Black and wonder if that might be a good choice, too, I just got a sample and it is deep but understated.
    Last edited by rtamara41; 6th December 2006 at 03:47 AM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Habit Rouge by Guerlain, subtle and understated but still confident and sexy.