Code of Conduct

Default Bvlgari Black male or unisex frag?

Hello,

sorry for bothering you again guys, but i was searching for informations bout this frag and i ve read that for some websites and sellers this is considered an male/female frag. What´s your oppinion bout it?

Regards

Default Re: Bvlgari Black male or unisex frag?

Black's excellent, but it's not everyone kettle of fish. Suggest you try it on your skin. Really, that's the only way.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

nearfantastica

It can be worn well by either gender.. and is marketed as a unisex fragrance.

a.

Quote Originally Posted by nearfantastica
    It can be worn well by either gender.. and is marketed as a unisex fragrance.

a.
    ditto!

Realized I didn't actually answer his question! Marketed as a Unisex, but I'm of the opinion that adults wear whatever they like!
    De gustibus non est disputandum

My girl wore it on our one year aniversary and it was perfect. I'm going to buy it for myself even. I deffinately think this works on both sexes. One of the few, I would say, that are equal in terms of which sex it suits more.

Superbly versatile; perfectly unisex.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I dont know how women feel about this one, but the vanilla sort of makes it unisex.

I wear Black less after acquiring Dzing!, but its a great frag nonetheless.
    -

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    I dont know how women feel about this one, but the vanilla sort of makes it unisex.

I wear Black less after acquiring Dzing!, but its a great frag nonetheless.

This woman LOVES Black!!!!!!!!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    This woman LOVES Black!!!!!!!!
    Once you go black you never go back...

I dig Bulgari Black much, and I would love to smell it on a woman.

Black is a great fragrance in general but especially for a night out. I've seen total strangers' heads whip around in bars and say "Who smells good?" "Is that you?" They want to know what it is and where to get it.

Woman? Wear it.

Man? Wear it.

Animal, vegetable, or mineral? Wear it.
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger.
    There is really nothing to be said about it.
    It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.

--W. Somerset Maugham

My Wardrobe

I should be buying decants to test first, but I bought this as a blind buy yesterday. It seemed like something I might like: smoky vanillla rubber. After I try it I'll probably get Body Kouros too since I read here that its like Bulgari Black on steroids?

I LOVE it on myself and love it even more on my girlfriend. You decide...

Body Kouros is more like a civilized version of Joop! (or maybe a toned down version of Le Male) than it is Bulgari Black, IMHO.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

It's on the masculine side of unisex. While I know women who've tried some from my bottle and liked it, none ever felt compelled to own it.

I remember years ago, after it had just come out, asking an SA in a high end perfumery why they didn't have Bvlgari Black in both the male and female sections, instead of just in the male section?

She replied that originally they had done just that. But that after having sold dozens of bottles to males, and not a single one to females, they'd decided it was wasting space in the female section.
    Renato

It is one of the few unisex frags I really like. To me most unisex frags are bland and nondescript.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    I remember years ago, after it had just come out, asking an SA in a high end perfumery why they didn't have Bvlgari Black in both the male and female sections, instead of just in the male section?
    I've never seen it in the female section here in Sweden actually.

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    I've never seen it in the female section here in Sweden actually.
    Thus it would appear that most Australians and Swedes don't perceive it as unisex - despite the initial marketing attempt at portraying it as such.
    Renato

I own a bottle, wear it and LOVE IT!

In my opinion Bvlgari Black is perfect. Perfect for both men and women alike.

One of my all time favorites, nothing quite makes me feel that same kind of sexy as Bvlgari Black does .
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Just got a decant from Djuna and I like it very much... smudgy smoky sexy.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    I LOVE it on myself and love it even more on my girlfriend. You decide...
    Yep. Love it on me, but there's this nurse at work who wears it sometimes and I think it smells better on her. I've been wearing out a decant then just picked this up at the local TJ Max for 14.99. Yay me.

-Slim

The answer is - it's trisexual!

I've been eyeing this for awhile, and I think I'm going to buy it, especially now that it's going on sale.

I was in Perfumania, and asked to try it. The youngster there said, "oh, that's a woman's fragrance", clearly assuming that I would understand that I was wrong, and that would be the end of the conversation. I explained that many men like to wear it, too, and that it's often regarded as unisex. She replied, "it's a woman's fragrance", with that blank expression one sees in someone heavily sedated with thorazine. Best of all, she was clearly the supervisor. As we all know, in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. Or one-eyed woman if we're in a unisexual king-queendom.

I guess the qualifications needed to work in that particular store were to be just barely sentient, slightly more than a head of lettuce.

Quote Originally Posted by portugal View Post
    Hello,

sorry for bothering you again guys, but i was searching for informations bout this frag and i ve read that for some websites and sellers this is considered an male/female frag. What´s your oppinion bout it?

Regards
    For my nose Black is more feminine..

Bvlgari Black (bulgari) Cologne by Bulgari, Launched by the design house of bvlgari in 1998. This unisex scent possesses a blend of black tea and smoky woods. It is recommended for daytime wear. All products are original, authentic name brands. We do not sell knockoffs or imitations.bvlgari black is classified as a refreshing, woody, mossy fragrance.This unisex scent possesses a blend of black tea and smoky woods

my whole family use bvlgari perfume n i buy at overstockperfume.com

When it first came out and was popular I remember asking one shop keeper what she thought - she said that they hadn't sold one single bottle to a female - it had all been to males wanting it for themselves.

I then also asked one knowledgeable manager in a major department store, who expressed amazement that anyone could think it unisex.
    Renato

I personally don't know anybody who has is.

Most people think that sweet scents are feminine, and yet, I find it the perfect example of sweet fragrance being masculine. I know it is marketed as unisex and in general I don't believe in gender-based categorization. But this is not one of those fresh ozonic kind of unisex scents.

I see in the description above it says daytime scent, but have read elsewhere that it is for special nights out. What do you all think of the setting it is best for?

I love it, own it and wear it often. But I don't know that I have ever smelled it on anyone around here.

Unhappy Re: Bvlgari Black male or unisex frag?

I have one and I use it not too often. There was one time when I was watching a movie and a couple came in a little late, took the seats in front of me with the woman wearing Bvlgari Black. And boy, her sillage completely overpowered my concentration, smell of burnt rubber clouding my front in almost suffocation. Definitely, it did not do too well on her. Maybe she over-sprayed or was a question of her body chem. Reserved seating forced me to cover my nose with a hanky the rest of the movie. Bad experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax View Post
    Once you go black you never go back...

I dig Bulgari Black much, and I would love to smell it on a woman.

hey toodles!

::winks::

[FYI: I just bought Thrax's bottle of Bvlgari Black, and I'm all girl.]

Please visit SalonAesthetica.com (undergoing redecorating, but still open for business and will be motoring along soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Sestra View Post
    Kelly Caleche smells like Beelzeebub's urine to me...

i think its night time wear and both for men and women

It's a more commercial Serge Lutens Chergui or L'Artisan Dzing! I like Black.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

A great unisex frag. I find it very sexy!
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

When you scroll down the reviews in the directory, you see more than one that says something like : "...I don`t think women are able to pull this off..."

It`s quite ridicilous. Obviously it is suitable for both sexes, if you like, but in my opinion it leans clearly more towards feminine side, and rather than wearing it myself I would be very pleased to smell this one on some goodlooking female.

Talking strictly from my own experience, NOT as much regarding the way it's being marketed, I can say that Bulgari Black is a rather unisex frag, since a few of my female acquaintances turned into their signature, everyday-wear scent.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    It's on the masculine side of unisex...

Renato
    This is also how it is for me, as I noted in my review, though I sit in the corner that believes not in strict gender categorization for fragrances. Black is quite an unusual Bvlgari scent, one that isn't subtle like many of theirs, quite a gem!

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    Black is quite an unusual Bvlgari scent, one that isn't subtle like many of theirs
    Thankfully!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Thankfully!
    Indeed!

I think it's very good, unisex scent. What I've noticed since I first used it when introduced is that I've always seen it prominently displayed in the men's fragrance counters. I assumed it was a men's frag until I joined in here.

I think it's a truly well designed unisex frag. Any sex can wear and be comfortable with it.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 6th January 2010 at 03:03 PM.

Bvlgari Black, the smell of a vanilla ice cream cone stuck on the tire of a Mack truck in the blazing sun; suitable for a male and Large Marge types.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 6th January 2010 at 07:20 PM.