Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Acier Aluminum: love the destination, hate the journey

Quote Originally Posted by narcus View Post
    Niche: Until about the turn of the century, Zurich had ca. five independent perfume boutiques carrying Creed products. By now all three major department stores carry them, and I hear that Creed have recently made arrangements with a major perfume chain to also sell Creed in this and other European countries. To me that sounds like flooding/going mass market. It will be interesting to see how long those boutiques will accept the new situation. .
    They are being sold via Costco. Do they still really qualify as a niche house?

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    They are being sold via Costco. Do they still really qualify as a niche house?
    That is an interesting question. Personally I think they do because the quality of the ingredients in, for example, Acier Aluminium, are still far higher than in any mass market 'fume. Though no doubt they have been going downhill as Creed expands and will likely continue to do so. Or maybe not. Maybe they will just continue to release fragrances made from cheaper materials for the mass market and keep quality up on the older ones, who knows? i doubt it though.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    That is an interesting question. Personally I think they do because the quality of the ingredients in, for example, Acier Aluminium, are still far higher than in any mass market 'fume. Though no doubt they have been going downhill as Creed expands and will likely continue to do so. Or maybe not. Maybe they will just continue to release fragrances made from cheaper materials for the mass market and keep quality up on the older ones, who knows? i doubt it though.
    So the use of high quality ingredients is the only criterion for labeling a firm "niche?" Guerlain is niche then too?
    Last edited by mrclmind; 26th March 2010 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    had my eye on aa for a while now.still haven't tried yet, I wonder how it stands compared to himalaya,which I like a lot.
    do NOT buy this if you are expecting anything like Himalaya. In fact, don't buy it if you expect it to smell like any other Creed, because it doesn't.

I've been wearing Creed a long time, never ran across anything I didn't love. So I went ahead and took the AA plunge. Got a bottle from creedboutique, BLIND! It came yesterday. I will write an official review once I get my head around this thing, but I am far from that right now.

This one absolutely confounds me.

One minute, it is a cheap old-man's fragrance. The next, it's a unique, sexy modern scent.
    Then it reminds me of (as Dullah eloquently puts it), an astronaut's toilet water. Next, it's a rich floral/fruit combo with infinite depth and beauty.
    Then it's a transport back to a hot 1974 summer, in the back seat of a brown Buick with vinyl seats, making drunk, sweaty, hairy sex with a FINE woman with a massive bush of pubic hair. Next, it's perfectly at home in a modern martini bar in L.A.

I can not WAIT to get my wife's reaction to this one. She loves most all of my "normal" Creeds... green, fresh, light. She despised Bois du Portugal because it was a "dad's cologne". She will either force me into the shower, or jump my bones. One or the other. I'll update after tonight! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by TalkingMuffin View Post
    do NOT buy this if you are expecting anything like Himalaya. In fact, don't buy it if you expect it to smell like any other Creed, because it doesn't.

I've been wearing Creed a long time, never ran across anything I didn't love. So I went ahead and took the AA plunge. Got a bottle from creedboutique, BLIND! It came yesterday. I will write an official review once I get my head around this thing, but I am far from that right now.

This one absolutely confounds me.

One minute, it is a cheap old-man's fragrance. The next, it's a unique, sexy modern scent.
    Then it reminds me of (as Dullah eloquently puts it), an astronaut's toilet water. Next, it's a rich floral/fruit combo with infinite depth and beauty.
    Then it's a transport back to a hot 1974 summer, in the back seat of a brown Buick with vinyl seats, making drunk, sweaty, hairy sex with a FINE woman with a massive bush of pubic hair. Next, it's perfectly at home in a modern martini bar in L.A.

I can not WAIT to get my wife's reaction to this one. She loves most all of my "normal" Creeds... green, fresh, light. She despised Bois du Portugal because it was a "dad's cologne". She will either force me into the shower, or jump my bones. One or the other. I'll update after tonight! :-)
    he he.. I feel exactly the same about this scent. Have used it sometimes from a sample now, and it`s so unusual so i think i need some more time to "get it" The sillage and longevity seems short on my skin. Looking forward to hear your review!

Received a 75ml. bottle of Acier Aluminium from parfumsraffy today. Unfortunately the spray-nozzle was leaking, so I have to send it back. In the square on the back of the box it was printed 2002. The Box Was also plain white, without the Creed logo printed all over the box wich is usual. I have never seen this box before.. Enyone else seen this kind of Creed box? Is it the old one? It is so irritating I have to send it back. I like the fragrance, but i wan`t buy from them again.

Forgot to update this...

So I put it on, waited 5 minutes, and stuck my wrist in her face, expecting the love/hate reaction.

She said, "ehh... a little too powdery".

Just goes to show that there is probably nothing more subjective than one's olifactory tastes. Discussion about it is fun, but arguing about a scent being "good" or "bad" or "better" or "worse" is a futile and senseless exercise.

MY UPDATE - I have finally accepted and have begun to understand AA... and have come to like it quite a bit. It's not like any other Creed, where you wear a scent that reminds you of nature depending on your mood. No... wearing Acier Aluminium is like bringing along a personality wherever you go. It's hard to describe. This scent has a life of its own. You're just there for the ride. And the ride can be damn fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Received a 75ml. bottle of Acier Aluminium from parfumsraffy today. Unfortunately the spray-nozzle was leaking, so I have to send it back. In the square on the back of the box it was printed 2002. The Box Was also plain white, without the Creed logo printed all over the box wich is usual. I have never seen this box before.. Enyone else seen this kind of Creed box? Is it the old one? It is so irritating I have to send it back. I like the fragrance, but i wan`t buy from them again.
    you got hosed, dude.

buy from Creed Boutique. Or if you HAVE to use a discount place, use BeautyEncounter.

you got hosed, dude.

buy from Creed Boutique. Or if you HAVE to use a discount place, use BeautyEncounter.
    what does "hosed" mean? Do you think it`s a fake? Parfumesraffy is a autorized creed-dealer. The Creed boutique doesn`t ship to my country. Maby Strawberrynet.com is better.

My brother loves AA, i hated it at first, i got some samples of it and i kinda like it. Spicy, fruity with some vanilla, strong gourmand with a masculine vibe. I would buy it but I like royal english, bois and virgin island better.

I think there are some similarities with Habit Rouge in the dry-down. Enyone agreed?