Code of Conduct

Default Christian Lacroix Bazar: my impressions

Hi everybody,

Today I finally tried CL Bazar. First of all, I have to say that I didn't buy it, I swapped my Versace Jeans Couture for it. Well, It was a blind buy, but I had already read a lot of opinions here about it and I sort of knew what to expect.
    It starts with a nice sweet and fresh smell, some kind of jasmin or melon, similar to Acqua di Giò drydown. This smell vanishes in seconds and gives birth to a bit sour smell, maybe that's what people call "ozonic". I didn't like this smell very much but after some minutes something not so common happened: The ozonic lost some power and the nice fresh sweet smell of the beggining reappeared. The combination of both smells produced a nice aquatic. Nothing new, of course. A lot of basenoters will think its unoriginal etc. but I had no great expectations , I was really looking for a good casual daily wear fragrance. The longevity is average, as most of the aquatics.
    All in all, It's an alternative for those who wants something similar to AdG, Versace Metal Jeans, Halston Unbound... If you want a nice smelling fragrance that stays close to your skin and smells nice and don't make you stand out of the crowd, that's an option.
    A ho-hum fragrance with a nice box (in fact it's a can, similar to the one of JPG Le Male) and a nice cap that I wouldn't buy if I had tested before (even though, It was a nice swap: I couldn't put up with Jeans Couture and its violet note anymore).

Default Re: Christian Lacroix Bazar: my impressions

I recall Bazaar from a sample that was made for me at Sephora. I remember it as watery yet crisp.

A good choice for a hot climate such as Brazil I think.

RCavs, try his latest offering Tumulte which is totally in your face cedar and incense. Very distinctive indeed. Like something from the CGD Incense series but more intense.

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs
    Hi everybody,

Today I finally tried CL Bazar. First of all, I have to say that I didn't buy it, I swapped my Versace Jeans Couture for it. Well, It was a blind buy, but I had already read a lot of opinions here about it and I sort of knew what to expect.
    It starts with a nice sweet and fresh smell, some kind of jasmin or melon, similar to Acqua di Giò drydown. This smell vanishes in seconds and gives birth to a bit sour smell, maybe that's what people call "ozonic". I didn't like this smell very much but after some minutes something not so common happened: The ozonic lost some power and the nice fresh sweet smell of the beggining reappeared. The combination of both smells produced a nice aquatic. Nothing new, of course. A lot of basenoters will think its unoriginal etc. but I had no great expectations , I was really looking for a good casual daily wear fragrance. The longevity is average, as most of the aquatics.
    All in all, It's an alternative for those who wants something similar to AdG, Versace Metal Jeans, Halston Unbound... If you want a nice smelling fragrance that stays close to your skin and smells nice and don't make you stand out of the crowd, that's an option.
    A ho-hum fragrance with a nice box (in fact it's a can, similar to the one of JPG Le Male) and a nice cap that I wouldn't buy if I had tested before (even though, It was a nice swap: I couldn't put up with Jeans Couture and its violet note anymore).

I agree that Bazaar is an excellent alternative to Halston Unbound... or maybe the other way around. Very fruity top notes and some ozonic-spicy notes in the middle.
    I'm a fresh scent junkie and proud of it!

Glad you have improved your collection.
    Renato