Code of Conduct

Default SotD Sunday 3 December

CdG Wood Coffee for me today, too.

Enjoy your Sunday!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Sunday 3 December

I am exalting my interior aspect: It's a Shaal Nur day for me. Even if I disliked this fragrance (which I don't), I would have purchased vats of it anyway, simply for the name. I am probably pronouncing it incorrectly. These things happen.

(The rosemary is what makes this thing zing.)
    Last edited by Paisley; 3rd December 2006 at 07:26 AM.

I just got a decant of Serge Lutens' Borneo 1834 today.

WHY DO I HAVE TO FALL IN LOVE WITH THE EXCLUSIVE LINE?? Nobody on eBay has a bottle of Borneo. Guess I'll have to place it on my list and see if I can do a want-it-now. Maybe I can get my boyfriend to take me to Paris!

This fragrance is...unbelievable. It's magnificent. It's very dry, but I can't quite describe it. Superlatives fail me. I need a bell jar of this stuff posthaste.

Insolence by Guerlain for today.

Yesterday I tested L´Heure Bleu and Mitsouko on my skin for the first time - yes, this is true....! And I was absolutley charmed by both! I have never liked them just by sniffing the bottle, but they where both adorable when they came on my skin, in two different ways.

When they klinged out, I wanted more... So I tried Insolence, cause that was the Guerlain I had at home. And I had a really great surprice. The voice of Insolence is very much alike the voice of L´Heure Bleu from 1919, at least on my skin.

Insolence sings in a different way, though. It´s not romantic and longing as L´Heure Bleu, it´s instead joyfull and selfconfident. But, wow, how much Guerlain it is!!!
    Last edited by Margareta; 3rd December 2006 at 07:56 AM.

Endymion - Penhaligon's
    Wishlist is pointless.

Way too much sweet scents yesterday! On sensory overload.
    I am going for something darker today and Passage d'Enfer with its notes of Aloe, White Lily, Myrrh, Frankincense and White Musk is perfect for a Sunday mood.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

I'm wearing Black Cashmere today.

L'Artisan - Dzing!

Wearing the " love or hate it scent" angel today

I´m wearing Angélique Encens (Creed) today. My new lovely love

I'm wearing Passage d'Enfer for the same reason that Riannon is.

Happy Sunday!

Wink Re: SotD Sunday 3 December

After a weird evening in the theatre (a locally imported version of Cirque de Soleil that climaxed against a painted backdrop of a Santa wearing a kimono, with strangely distorted Japanese-ghost hands...lead to disorienting dreams!) ventured bravely into a sample (Thank you Riannon!) of SL La Myrrhe.

Perfect choice! :bounce: Opens with some citrus, my favorite jasmine and a taste of hunny, then some ambre and the myrrh and a bit of powder. A nice companion!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Pre Shower Samplings:

West side, Feminite du bois, passage d'enfer and Le Baiser du Dragon.
    Love them all, so what should I do?

I will wear Aimez Moi as I am going to the American in Paris exhibit at the Met museum of Art today and I will be pleased to wear one of my tried and true favorites there...but that Kiss of the Dragon has caught me for another day for sure, this time I was patient to get past the medicinal top note into the softer spice of the the drydown and I really love it.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

LouLou, the sweet smell of jellybeans and brand new Barbie doll.

I wore Messe De Minuit to the Nativity movie last night and got goosebumbs when the three Wise Men placed frankincense and myrrh before the Baby Jesus.
    Today, another Etro, Sandalo. Warmer than MDM, but still containing myrrh, and sweetened with Etro's lovely, clear amber.

summer means fireflys

I'm scent twins with lievje today, I'm wearing Black Cashmere also.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu
    I'm scent twins with lievje today, I'm wearing Black Cashmere also.
    Hi Shades, good taste.

It was my first experience with Black Cashmere, but it's a big succes: I love it! For the evening, I've applied from my decant Creed, Angelique Encens. Up till now, the Black Cashmere was much more 'incensy' on my skin, and I'm glad I own a bottle of that one.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

I'm Shifts' scent twin, wearing Dzing!--the one fragrance my DH and I both like on me.

Snow has been cleared from the driveway, so will probably "work" on making planting lists for next year: native shrubs and kitchen garden yummies.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

FM Une Rose going mano a mano with Guerlain Rose Barabare. Une Rose seriously kicking butt so far, but Barbare is trying for a come back with that sneaky chypre note.

DIVINE for me on this blustery, rain-lashed sunday.

Tested Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille as I seem to be in vanilla mood as of late. I would not call it pretty or dark, it came out cloying, woody and a kind of superficial on my skin (like in biting more than one can chew!), and I think it would better open up on Mr.Twolf if I am ever able to make him put it on.

Changed into Rose Torrente L'Or after the bath.

Jicky

I'm wearing Bill Blass Amazing. I haven't worn it in quite a while. It's a great after shower scent. It reminds me a bit of the old Ben Rickert Benandre, if anyone remembers that one.

"Amazing was created by Bill Blass in 1999 and is recommended for casual wear. This feminine scent possesses a blend of mandarin, wild muguet and cotton flowers with medium tones of hydrangea, waterlily, mimosa & a trace of musk." (notes from Perfume Emporium site).

Have a lovely Sunday!

p.s. I have never known cotton blossom (bolls?) and hydrangea to have any noticeable fragrance.

I couldn't stay away from the Mitsouko again today. I'm not sure if I like the scent, but I like wearing it because it's just so darn interesting. And it's the only parfum I own and I just find it mind blowing how one little drop can have such power.

Farnesiana parfum

soft mimosa floral gourmand, not too sweet at all, very subtle

Quote Originally Posted by sherrie11

p.s. I have never known cotton blossom (bolls?) and hydrangea to have any noticeable fragrance.
    Right on! c.f. Luca Turin's The Secret of Scent "...the most laughable nonsense. Non-existent flowers and woods - 'pink musk' and all sorts of folderol..." To quote The New Yorker - "There'll always be a copywriter"
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Now I'm trying Chanel No. 5, and you know, it is rather classy. Which means it is the wrong scent for right now as I am supposed to go do the laundry. Sigh.

Hello ,

I hope everyone is feeling well today! I'm a bit better but still no sleep .

I'm enjoying my L - Lolita Lempicka .

DH is wearing Rochas Man.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Worn SJP's Lovely during the day for mattress shopping (there are so many to choose from... decision decision)

Changed to Guerlain Mitsouko Eau de Toilette in the evening for the movie Scoop... this one is not as good as Matchpoint, but still maintain that sense of wicked humour. I love it

Polo Black
    Gary