Code of Conduct

Default ... not spraying your clothes..

Envy, for example.
    K, this is rather odd. I've never found any difference in spraying shirt or skin. I usually would just go one to chest, then put a shirt on, and one to chest with shirt on. Then I'm usually good. But I have been testing with A*Men, VS for him 1, and Envy lately. They smell WAY different when it's just your skin, especially Envy. I actually LOVE Envy now. I smell my shirt after two sprays on my bare chest about 10-15 minutes down the line and it's sublime.
    Is this true or am I just imagining it? What do other people do?
    EDIT: Then again.. it might be because I put on VS for Him 1 at 3pm, then put Envy on at 8:30ish. I could still barely smell VS on my shirt, but I don't think it'd make THAT much of a difference..
    Last edited by DustB; 4th December 2006 at 05:26 AM.

Default Re: wtf... not spraying your clothes..

hey Genvy5!

I think you'd notice a huge difference on the skin, and i'd say that 99% of BNers are going to reply the same and list the reasons. Mostly the skin chemistry
    the question as to why you never smelled a difference before is interesting. mabye hadnt developed the nose yet?

Nah, my nose is definitely developed and has been. I think it's because I always did both and balanced it out pretty well. And when I'd go with just skin tests in the past, it would be on my wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by LushLife
    hey Genvy5!

I think you'd notice a huge difference on the skin, and i'd say that 99% of BNers are going to reply the same and list the reasons. Mostly the skin chemistry
    Ha! yup. I'm one of the 99%. On skin, the perfume is warm and it mixes with the water from perspiration, so the rate of diffusion of the different components of the fragrance is very different than on a cool, dry fabric - also it mixes with your own personal smell and the acid on your skin can completely change the character of the fragrant material.

Quote Originally Posted by LushLife
    the question as to why you never smelled a difference before is interesting. mabye hadnt developed the nose yet?
    Yes, this surprised me a bit, too. This is one reason why I never try to test a fragrance on a paper strip - it has next to nothing to do with how it smells on your skin. I'll smell it on the bottle for an initial assessment of the basic idea of the fragrance, but then it has to go on skin to understand it.

On the same line of thought, fragrances tend to be very different on different parts of the skin: it smells different on the palm of the hand than on the back of the hand, different under the arms than on the chest, and so on. There's just a great deal of variability of the scent when you change the perfume's environment.