Code of Conduct

Thread: hello, I'm new

Smile hello, I'm new

I am a young woman from New York City who has always enjoyed perfume and scented things (EDT, cologne, scented candles, incense, etc). I am especially intrigued by the science of perfume: the notes, the drydown, the whole aura of scents. Needless to say, I was thrilled when I found basenotes.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello. I am relatively new to the world of perfume in the sense that I am really beginning to learn about it, its structure, history, and appreciation. I also have a very small collection of fragrance that I would like to carefully and selectively build.

Some of the scents I wear regularly are:
    Light Blue by Dolce Gabbana (although I'm kind of sick of it)
    Kyoto from the No. 3 Incense Series, Commes des Garcons
    Neonatura Cocoon by Yves Rocher
    Pamplelune Aqua Allegorica by Guerlain
    Pomegranate Noir by Jo Malone

Some of the scents I want to own or am intrigued by:
    Kenzo Jungle (Elephant)
    Fracas
    Channel No. 5
    Guerlain Mahora
    Stella MacCartney
    Michael Kors Kors

I like to come here and just read. There is so much fascinating information, and the members are so well-informed, friendly, and above all PASSIONATE about the discourse here.

Thanks so much for running such a great site!
    Last edited by mochi227; 4th December 2006 at 03:08 PM.

Default Re: hello, I'm new

Welcome mochi227! I'm pretty new here, too. And the more I learn, the more I find I need to learn! The folks on this site are great; funny, smart, generous... A great way to find out more about various frags is to look in the directory. I also just discovered the Osmoz site tonight. There are also a few good blogs out there, such as Bois de Jasmine.

hello!

i like mochi icecream

Talking Re: hello, I'm new

Quote Originally Posted by sofreshsoclean
    hello!

i like mochi icecream

hehe so do I!

Welcome to Bnotes!
    you have a good collection!

welcome, your avatar makes me think you might like to try Tabac blond or Narcisse Noir...

I noticed Light Blue on a woman who was doing makeup for our company fashion show and complimented her on it... loved it on her, but did not work on me
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I have always said that I would marry the first woman I met wearing Kyoto.
    It didnt work out that way, but I always said it...

-Slim

Rtamara, I will look up those frags you listed. Just by their names, I do imagine I'd like them. I love something smoky, mysterious, unfolding...

@ SlimPickins. I have never met anyone else who wears Kyoto. I absolutely love it. I'm wearing it today.