Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: What's your favorite citrus fragrance ?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • L'Artisan Mandarine Tout Simpllement

1 1.16%
  • L'Artisan Fleur D'Oranger

1 1.16%
  • Creed Citrus Bigarade

6 6.98%
  • Creed Bois De Cedrat

7 8.14%
  • Creed Neroli Sauvage

14 16.28%
  • Czech & Speake Neroli

7 8.14%
  • Joe Malone Grapefruit

2 2.33%
  • Frederic Malle Bigarade Concentree

17 19.77%
  • Serge Lutens Mandarine Mandarin

4 4.65%
  • Serge Lutens Fleurs D'Oranger

7 8.14%

7 8.14%
  • Trumpers GFT

9 10.47%
  • Montale Soleil Di Capri

4 4.65%

Default --( Citrus Poll )--

To further my exploration of "citrus", lately I have been sampling a lot of citrus fragrances.

I would like to know what you think of the poll choices that I have selected - comments on your favorite citrus (whether in the poll or not) are welcome as well.
    -

Default Re: --( Citrus Poll )--

My favorite citrus scent is definitely Eau d'Hadrien by Annick Goutal. However, from the list you selected, I'm most familiar with Bigarade Concentree and have to say that I like it a lot too.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien is the one I favor. I'm also keen on
    Acqua di Parma Colonia.

From your list, I chose Serge Lutens Fleurs D'Oranger. But the two I actually wear aren't listed: Hermes D'Orange Verte Concentre and Christiane Celle Calypso Tangerine.

I've still yet to find a "lemon" that works for me ...

Personally , I'll take them all . I love my citrus. To the extent that I have different catagories of citrus (nerolis, lemons, Classic Eau de Colognes, minty ones, acqua di parma....) which makes voting on this poll difficult. In the end I went for Neroli Sauvage just because that is one of the most beautiful smells I know.

The guerlain Eaus need a mention and Acqua di Parma Colonia is likely my favourite of all. I find Bigarade Concentre to be underwhelming, it is ok but not as good as many, for example Citrus bigarade which smells better and lasts longer.
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 4th December 2006 at 08:47 AM.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I also chose Serge Lutens Fleurs D'Oranger.
    I'm experimenting with a sample and I'm still enjoying the bottom notes 12 hrs later.

I've recently fallen heads over heels for Dior's Eau Sauvage.

Other citrus' I enjoy is the citrus in Guerlain Vetiver and in Chanel Pour Monsieur.

Post Re: --( Citrus Poll )--

LV Uomo is easilly my favourite citrus. It's quite spicy and herbal, so I'm not sure if one should consider it to belong to this category. But anyways, a stable in my top 10, I will never be without a bottle.

No Acqua de Parma?

No votes for 4711? Gee, I can't figure that one out (NOT!) Anyway, my vote was for Citrus Bigarade. I haven't sampled some of those mentioned, but of those that I have, this one was wonderful. As I've said before, it disappeared FAR too quickly on me, so I never got another bottle after I went through mine in just a few months. But, for the time it was there, I enjoyed the Creed.

I'll have to try the Malle Bigarade Concentree. It sounds intriguing.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

I know I mentioned Hugh Parsons in my last post, but it should not be missed, especially by a citrus lover.

How about L'eau Par Kenzo or Armani PH? All are extremely bright and juicy, but simple.

I have only tried about 4 or 5 of those listed, so I don't feel like I could make an accurate pick from them.
    Last edited by Scentronic; 4th December 2006 at 02:14 PM.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Quote Originally Posted by trumpet_guy
    Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien is the one I favor. I'm also keen on
    Acqua di Parma Colonia.
    Ah yea, I forgot to include the house of Acqua Di Parma, as well as Hermes. I recently reviewed Hermes Orange Verte...I liked its combination of sharp top notes and a strangely alluring mossy drydown, although longevity was poor. I dont know how I could forget to include it in the poll.

I have a set of Acqua di Parma samples lying around somewhere, and I have tried Colonia only once...it didnt stand out much, probably because I was sampling GFT and Bois De Cedrat at the same time. These three seem to be somewhat similar.
    -

Miller Harris Citron Citron EDT and EDP

Last edited by scentemental; 4th December 2006 at 02:24 PM.

Among the listed ones I voted for Bigarrade Concentrée as bitter orange is imo one of the most interesting citrus notes and it's so well expressed in this juice.
    But, how to forget nice scents like Colonia Assoluta or Les Nuits d'Hadrien?

Lutens' Fleurs d'Oranger and Mandarine Mandarin as a citrus scent?

I must have a weird bodychemistry. Those two have way too much jasmine and are not even remotely 'citrussy' on me.

I am sadly missing the beauty of AG's Eau d'Hadrien and Guerlains Pamplelune.

But, pressed for choice: I'll go for FM's Bigarade Concentree.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

To be fair, I haven't smelled a lot of those, but my favorite citrus ever is Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès. Reminds me of peeling fresh oranges minus the sticky fingers

I'm sort of wishing I'd given Grapefruit a vote now, since I really like it, and no one is voting for it :-| But I had to be truthful and vote for Neroli Sauvage.

Wish we had two votes!
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

Blog Entries

Clinique Happy is a favorite of mine, despite its poor longevity. It's actually the one frag that turned me on to frags marketed toward men! Very bright & citrusy, and yes, it does make me feel happy .

Two others I really like are Banana Republic Classic and Banana Republic M. M smells like pure orange juice, while Classic has a subtle peppery accord added in (to my nose at least).
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Like Neroli Sauvage, but more fond of Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte.

My favourite is Diptyque's Oyedo so, unfortunately, I am unable to vote.

Another great citrus fragrance that I just thought of that is not on the list is PdN Cologne Sologne. Sort of in the same vein as Eau d'orange verte, but very classy and refreshing.

Nevertheless, I want the three who voted for 4711 to 'fess up. Come on, out with it! (Just kidding, of course... one man's battery acid is another man's favorite citrus,
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 4th December 2006 at 08:04 PM.

I am surprised no one voted for Malone's Grapefruit. Isnt it amongst the best from Malone?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    I am surprised no one voted for Malone's Grapefruit. Isnt it amongst the best from Malone?
    I think (and I may be alone on this), that the number of fairly rare niche scents on there makes it hard to vote. I'd wager that the number of people who have sampled ALL of those on the list and thus could vote accurately is actually fairly slim. I consider myself fairly well "versed" and even I hadn't tried a good number of them. The ones that I do know better (Eau d'orange verte, Pecksniff's Fresh Citrus, even Eau Sauvage), are absent.
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 4th December 2006 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rach2jlc
    I think (and I may be alone on this), that the number of fairly rare niche scents on there makes it hard to vote. I'd wager that the number of people who have sampled ALL of those on the list and thus could vote accurately is actually fairly slim. I consider myself fairly well "versed" and even I hadn't tried a good number of them. On the other hand, the more accessible and famous citrus scents (Eau d'orange verte, Cologne Sologne, etc.) aren't on there.

I should have included Dior's Eau Savage, Chanels Pour Monsieur and Hermes Orange Verte, but I think a poll based on them had already been done.

I based this poll on the (mostly) new or fairly new citrus releases that I had tried. Quite a few on the list havent been talked about much, so I was also hoping the thread could get some comments on them..
    -

Bigarade Concentrée by Malle is the one I have had most exposure to. Sniffing at the bottle now, the bitter orange is exactly that. It's not intended to be fresh as such; more of a true, earthy representation. Well blended, with more depth than befits the usual citrus outing, and it lasts perfectly well on my skin. If most citrus releases were along the lines of this (and indeed many others in this poll), Basenotes would have very little to moan about in the industry.

From your list it would be Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger. Although I have not had the pleasure to try all you have listed. I will add my vote to those that mentioned Acqua di Parma.

Eau sauvage

Ugh, niche-mania.

YSL PH Haute Concentrate
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Late find: the citrus poll for creed heads !
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

ow hehe I voted for this poll only to discover that the actual topic was two years old Oh well, I voted for Bigarade Concentrée since I like that one best, regardless of its poor longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow View Post
    LV Uomo is easilly my favourite citrus. It's quite spicy and herbal, so I'm not sure if one should consider it to belong to this category. But anyways, a stable in my top 10, I will never be without a bottle.

None of the above.

Of course, the field is huge, so it's not surprising that there are so many good citruses missing from the list, but it does seem to be rather heavily weighted toward niche (and Creed in particular)...

My choices:
    Eau Sauvage
    Acqua di Parma Colonia
    Iskander
    LV Uomo
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post

I must have a weird bodychemistry. Those two have way too much jasmine and are not even remotely 'citrussy' on me.

I am sadly missing the beauty of AG's Eau d'Hadrien and Guerlains Pamplelune.

But, pressed for choice: I'll go for FM's Bigarade Concentree.
    The ones I really like are :

Fleurs d'Oranger (L'Artisan Parfumeur) is the nicest, the only one similar to neroli Abs. Very expensive.
    Dilmun (Lorenzo Villoresi) is a mix of Neroli and Vanilla. Beautiful and long lasting.
    Fleurs d'Oranger (Serge Lutens) is a mix of jasmine and neroli, very comforting and sensual. I love it !
    Mandarin Mandarine (Serge Lutens) is mandarine with spices and amber. Beautiful, more oriental.
    L'Eau des Cinq Mondes is similar to Fleurs d'Oranger from l'Artisan Parfumeur. Quite cheap.

And I don't like Pamplune at all which, according to me, smells cat p...
    Last edited by Night; 4th August 2008 at 11:23 AM.
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

My write-in votes:
    1. Acqua di Parma Colonia
    2. Eau Sauvage

i havent tested any of those

of what i have tested, Eau Sauvage and Unforgivable. i know i know..both cant be together in the same line...

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    My thoughts exactly in regard to the Mandarine Mandarin.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Diorella by Christian Dior

I'd recommend you check out Sanguine Muskissime. If the musk and citric tinted tea heart notes work for you, it's a lovely frag.

I'll have more thoughts on Iskander and Neroli Sauvage soon!

I was glad to see you had Czech & Speake Neroli on the list. I only have a sample now. When I put some on one day, my partner asked if I'd put on some jasmine! Nice stuff IMO and I'm enjoying my sampling of it. L'Artisan Parfumeur's Fleur d'Orange is very nice but expensive.

My favorite citrus as the moment is Christian Dior Eau Sauvage

Acqua di Parma - Colonia Assoluta

None in the list provided speak to me in a major way, except perhaps C&S Neroli.

My money lies with C&S Citrus Paradisi, GF Ferre Bergamoto Marino, and Eau d'Orange Verte.

OMG...I haven't tried/owned any fragrance from that list and I already thought 'citrus' was boring.....I would wait for the results and then perhaps go on a new quest to try out the winners..

gupts

I really like Creed's Citrus Bigarade - but my favorite citrus is Ineke's Derring Do.
    "Faites des bêtises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

Frederic Malle Bigarade Concentree

Wore it a lot in the summer of 07, liked it a lot, find it way better than Terre d'Hermes which are supposed to be related.

Favorites not on the list:

Chanel Pour Monsieur
    Acqua di Parma Colonia

Well, I voted for L'Artisan Fleur D'Oranger, but I consider it a floral. Really the only two citrus that I (so far) have any love for are The Different Company's Bergamote and Christian Dior's Eau Sauvage.

Signoricci
    C&S Neroli is good too.
    Bergamote by the diff. co. just because it smells like sweet limes, my favortite citrus.