Code of Conduct

Lightbulb My Fragrance Fantasy...and yours?

Yesterday I had such a heavenly time at the Metropolitan Museum, cloaked in my pure perfume of Aimez Moi at the American in Paris painting exhibition. One thing I realized is that I was so aware of the fragrances that the men around me were wearing, I caught delightful wafts of this and that which are completely unidentifiable to me, since I am such a novice particularly when it comes to male fragrances. I think it would be hard to learn about male fragrances sampled only from scent cards. They should be sampled on skin, to truly be apprehended.

So I woke up with this thought:
    My fantasy is that we could have a male fragrance gathering, this would take place in the Hall of Slaves at the Louvre, with the wonderful sculptures, like Psyche and Venus and others as a backdrop. All of the male basenoters , donned in togas would each be wearing his favorite fragrance, if there were scent twins or more they could be grouped together. There would be live music playing in the background, flute and cello come to mind, and the female basenoters would be the guests of honor, there to sample the varying fragrances, gather impressions and share thoughts over refreshments of fig, mango and pomegranate, and other appropriate delicacies.
    The fragrance models would be treated with utmost respect and dignity, of course

anyone else have any fragrance related fantasies that would be fun to share?
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Default Re: My Fragrance Fantasy...and yours?

Fun fantasy, for sure. What would be the ladies -- guests of honor -- wearing? Are we also supposed to be grouped by the scent? How about juicy grapes as refreshments? Wine and cheese and olives.... And bay leaves...

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41
    The fragrance models would be treated with utmost respect and dignity, of course

anyone else have any fragrance related fantasies that would be fun to share?
    Yeah. Let's lose the dignity and respect and add some private rooms, and.....ooops! Forgot! Tigs is watching! :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Here's a thought. We have a special facility built, where each scent is atomized into the air long enough for a group of people to walk through, and then the air is filtered out. Afterwards, we talk about the scent, have a glass of wine and some hors d'oeuvres. Trays of fragrance vials are circulated, also. There is more than one room, and we rotate the group through these rooms. Anyone can "host" a room and put on a scent presentation. Set managers quickly change the scenery and lighting during intervals. Costumes? Sure, if you want. You can be Cleopatra during your scene. The rest of the guests probably should be semi-formal, but for once, nobody should be wearing a fragrance on themselves. (As such, we do go "naked.")

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Being inclined to the sci-fi, I'd like a scent-shifter android (a la Data of "Star Trek") who has human form but who can alter the chemistry of his epidermis to represent fragrances on different sorts of skin. Using his super-computer brain, my patient professor of perfume would educate me about the art and science of scent. We'd walk a holographic landscape which would materialize groves, ancient marketplaces, any scene where the history of scent could be better explained and experienced.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Well, Ladies, these are all Maaaaaaaaaaa-va lous ideas
    I think that as far as the museum/toga fantasy goes, we woman should be somewhat formal, in fact I see us in grecian goddess themed gowns, flowers in our hair, etc. etc. etc...golden sandals on the feet...but probably no fragrance on our lovely skin, the better to sample the male fragrances, you know.
    Of course we should have wine and cheese , what was I thinking?
    Last edited by rtamara41; 4th December 2006 at 11:35 PM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache