Code of Conduct

Default Do Blondes have more fun?

Can Brunettes wear Daim Blond? I would love to hear about others' experiences with this fragrance.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Overcome By Fumes

Default Re: Do Blondes have more fun?

I'm not a big fan of Daim Blond, but if someone tried to prohibit this brown to grey-balding individual from wearing Tabac Blond, he or she'd be in deep trouble!

I havenīt sampled Daim Blond, but I will, esp. since you raised this question!
    In the world of fragrance, maybe brunettes have more fun, since there are so many scents out there that (-and this is my VERY personal feeling, which I even do hope is wrong..) seem to fit brunettes better! Iīm talking in general about heavy, heady, spicy, dark, strong orientals. Well, I guess what I mean is that brunettes can get away with anything, frag-wise, while fairskinned pale blondes like myself have a more limited choice.
    I used to think that way, anyway, but after joining BN, I use whatever scent that is pleasing to ME, without a second thought on what others might think about it.

Daim Blond refers to the color/texture evoked by the fragrance, not who can wear it. I think it would be smashing on a brunette, particularly a tall, thin Sigourney Weaver type.

I always call this fragrance Dame Blonde, but I never thought it referred to actual blonde people. What does it mean? Isn't it something like 'light suede?' I didn't care for it *hides behind FT factice* so I can't recall the particulars.

As for blonde people, I always wanted to be one! I don't care so much for the jewel tones I look best in. I'm always wearing pastels, and blondes look better in black as well, IMO. I have a scarlett silk dress that gets me raves--especially if my gray hair has been recently colored, LOL. Meh. Makes me feel like a fire hydrant.

Fair skinned Celtic woman with auburn hair here loving Daim Blond. I smell delicious. Dark haired women have lots of fun :bounce:

Oh, and Shycat: black clothes look smashing on me, maybe because of that funny mixture of a fair skin and dark hair. Maybe you could try wearing some very light foundation? And dark rubyred lipstick? Would love to see you at Christmas in a gorgeous black dress
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

I wear Tabac Blond and Versace's Blonde yet I have black hair, dark eyes and a medium complexion. I think both scents suit me and as long as a scent doesn't make my ass look fat I'll wear it no matter what it's called.

Blondes HAVE more fun, or ARE more fun?
    -

Fair-skinned brunette here who think I wear Daim Blond well if I may say so. I just recently fell for it, and I like it a lot.

But yes, the name must refer to "light suede", and not blondines, unless there is some kind of second meaning as well. Despite all this, the name and the first impressions of the scent does actually evoke the picture of a "blond dame" of the Kim Novak-type, but I forget that as soon as I apply.
    Last edited by vinterdroppe; 5th December 2006 at 08:42 PM.

It's a fragrance of some tensile opposition that can be neatly worn by an individual of any coloring, natural or not.

Despite the soft suppleness of the suede and iris notes, the apricot kernel gives it a steel-like strength. It has a duality where it can be either whisper-soft or more assertive, but it always retains the core elegance.

Until the iris came into play the scent was dominated by that kernel note, which gave an attractive bitterness to the beginning. By the drydown it was unmistakeably suede, but very refined suede.

I have worn this and my hair has been every color from black to blonde. I have no idea what its original color is.

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41
    Can Brunettes wear Daim Blond?
    Yes, they can.

now.. does it smell differently on blondes as opposed to on brunettes?

i think so,yes, but only because diam blond can smell differently on everyone, even between 2 blondes and 2 brunettes, so it's not really a matter of chemical reactions to melanin or phaeomelanin.

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley
    It's a fragrance of some tensile opposition that can be neatly worn by an individual of any coloring, natural or not.

Despite the soft suppleness of the suede and iris notes, the apricot kernel gives it a steel-like strength. It has a duality where it can be either whisper-soft or more assertive, but it always retains the core elegance.

Until the iris came into play the scent was dominated by that kernel note, which gave an attractive bitterness to the beginning. By the drydown it was unmistakeably suede, but very refined suede.

I have worn this and my hair has been every color from black to blonde. I have no idea what its original color is.
    hmmm... interesting description... is there any similarity to Tabac Blond? I am trying to think of anything I might have sampled that is similar. I guess I will just have to try and sample it! It is a Serge Lutens, no? I am smitten with Serge thus far.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache