Code of Conduct

Default SotD Tuesday 5 December

Another lavender scent for me today: Jicky

Have a lovely day!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Tuesday 5 December

19 degrees celsius, sunny.
    Mitsouko for me

Interesting, I can see a few ladies here wearing Guerlain today... Jicky, Samsara, and Mitsouko... does anyone own Insolence just out of curiosity?
    Last edited by Coconut; 5th December 2006 at 11:20 AM.

I'm wearing a decant of La Myrrh today.

I just cooked Mr. Riannon a gigantic English Birthday Breakfast and I am smelling most delicious of sausages and smoked bacon (wondering if this will count as a 'scent for Gourmand month')

DH is grinning like a Cheshire Cat, surrounded by his presents and with a pleasantly filled belly.

So, I will indulge him even more by wearing one of his favorite scents: Creed's Royal Delight: spicy tangerine, sandalwood, jasmine, bergamot, violet and leather. It is delicious!!

But first: a shower to get rid of the smoked bacon!!
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Elixir des Merveilles. I also need an Elixir des Merveilles for my face. Forced hot air heating and my skin do NOT agree. Feel like a sausage squeezed into a too-tight casing. Ouch.

Party-time for all Dutch kids today: it's Sinterklaas, the day that an old man, dressed in a long red dress and with a white beard, brings gifts for the children. Yes, he looks a bit like your Santa Claus!

We will celebrate this later in the afternoon, and I'm prepared for it and wear a beautiful fragrance, Daim Blond.

Aramis 900
    Wishlist is pointless.

Samsara for me today.

Wearing my sample of Angel with a celestial blue blouse. I rather dislike the topnotes, but the heart and drydown have captivated me thanks to the exploration of gourmand day...
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Fumerie Turque again today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Well today is my Samsara day; warm, cozy and sweet. Yes first snow has fallen, and as per our agreement both my sister and I are wearing it today.

Ohhh and the weather update for here: -9C and finally clear; but feels like
    -16C (I'm not making this up either!).

Top notes: Bergamot, Lemon, Green Note, Tarragon
    Middle note: Jasmine, Rose, Ylang-Ylang, Carnation
    Base notes: Sandal, Vanilla, Benzoin, Tonka
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

I wanted to wear Mre et Musc Extreme today, but my sample is running scaringly low. So I have it on my wrists... Earlier I wasn't sure wether I wanted a bottle of MeM or not, but I do love the Extreme version so a bottle of that is needed now.

Thierry Mugler Cologne for me.

Was supposed to be off, but they called me from work last night as I was decanting and not online, and aksed if I could come in. I am coming but I am armed (and necked) with Karl Lagerfeld KL.

Cool Re: SotD Tuesday 5 December

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf
    I am coming but I am armed (and necked) with Karl Lagerfeld KL.
    Ya gotta love it.

Finally, the temp has dropped to a December-like norm of 35F so I doled out onto trembling arms and neck the sample of Cuir Mauresque sent by dear Riannon (Happy Sinterklaus Day you Hollandaises!!).:wave:

GORGEOUS old-leather amber spicy friend for the day! Deep and moody and like sinking into GrandDaddy's old library wing chair with mulled cinnamon and orange peel-infused cider!! Aaaaah.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Testing a sample of Iris Poudre (FM) today. The funny thing is it smelled almost exactly the way I had expected it to!

Happy Sinterklaas to Riannon, lievje and all other Dutchies!

Using up the last drops of my Profumo di Pantelleria sample.

I'm wearing Ormonde Jayne Orris Noir today. It's delicate, but long lasting.

Reeking of YSL Paris today. And quite pleased about it. I can practically taste it, I oversprayed so much, but I am sitting in my own little corner of the office so I don't think I'm offending of asfixiating anyone. I like to think that I'm kind of like room freshener. I'm not getting the urine smell this time, just lots of roses. LOTS.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Pomegranate Noir on my sleeves, a bit of Mira Bai on my hands to sweeten the PM. Unfortunately, these frags do not sing in the say key.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Angel for me today as well.
    ~*Christy*~

Burberry Brit edt. I owned the edp years ago but wound up swapping it. I tried the edt yesterday on a whim and wound up buying a bottle. I love this!

Cristobal bodylotion for the day. Yummy!

Prada EdP for the evening. This is the coolest frag in my collection, but also the most difficult to apply. It is easy to put on too much of it. I did that the last time I wore it, and it became horrible. But this eve I have been very easy on my hand while applicating, so now it is really wonderful!

I'm wearing the fragrance I just purchased last night... Goutal's Les Nuits d' Hadrien... I'm *thrilled* with it! It's just the thing for this sunny winter day... crisp and fresh, but still grounded, and just flirting with the warmth of another season entirely. Lovely, lovely, charming, and lovely some more...

Commes des Garcons Series 3 Incense Kyoto for me today!

It's our first proper COLD day in NYC. 36 degrees F...a touch of wind to swirl around all those yummy cold weather scents: the coal from the street vendor's kiosk, burning leaves (somewhere!), coffee...

Spent this day in Ungaro - Desnuda

Happy Sinterklaas to lievje (and everyone else). LesNez L'Antimatire today -- lovely and subtle (especially subtle in this cold snowy weather). It smells so much like crisp sheets and a wool blanket that I can't smell it in bed, except for the faintest hint of mint.

Re-applied in the middle of the day, but it is still entirely gone, so it's time for a second course, something lush ... maybe Tabac Blond? or Fumerie Turque?

Brit GOLD edp for me today. It was the first time I tried it. At first I thought it smelled masculine. Now that it's drying down, I smell the sandalwood and maybe lemon.

Question to Tovah - what difference did you notice in Brit edp vs' edt.

I do think Brit Red is my favorite in the bunch!

My early morning scent today was RL Polo Sport Woman - grapefruity, clean & fresh, somewhat soapy. I love the spritzy ones to start the day.

This evening, it's Narcisso Rodriguez for Her edt. It started out powerful, and I thought it might be a scrubber, but it's beginning to settle down and behave itself now. Did I say I didn't like this one? I've changed my mind (again).

Have a lovely evening! You all smell like gods and goddesses! :-)

Samsara

Romance Silver
    Gary