Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: OK now I ask you boys...

Another vote for Vetiver Extraordinaire.

Winter: Le Dandy by D Orsay
    Spring: L homme de coeur by Divine
    Summer: Acqua di Parma Colonia
    Autumn: Jules by Dior

The last one works perfectly for all purposes.
    Last edited by costello; 5th December 2006 at 05:10 PM.
    Guerlain: Après L´ondée - Chanel: Cuir de Russie - Dior: Dior Homme - Divine: L´homme de coeur - Caron: Le 3me homme
    ---------------------------

"Tra il fiore colto e l’ altro donato / l’ inesprimibile nulla" Giuseppe Ungaretti

mea culpa. i just went and took a spray of noir epices. better save that for his advancement to "enthusiast", should it ever happen. (i have very limited experience with NE, but this quick spray reaffirms my like of it, and demonstrates how certain scents are so chameleon like, and *need* repeated wearings to appreciate. I did hate it at first...)

i will reaffirm my recommendations of VE and CdG 3 though (i'm wearing CdG 3 on the other side of m body right now. Really delightful, easy to wear, and unique).
    baald

Buy my extra scents - mainly niche - over 50 items (tiny bottles)

Alright, I'll throw my hat in the ring.

What about Acqua di Parma and/or Acqua di Biella? Both are light, zingy and citrusy without being overbearing - they're not like you spritzed yourself with half a lemon.

Both are considered classy (at least, I consider them so) and are non-mainstream. They may be so non-mainstream that they'd be difficult to find - I know that Neiman Marcus sells AdP, but AdB? I've only seen it at the Luckyscent website, where I got a sample of it.

Both are kind of expensive as well.

Dunhill for Men, Heritage, Habit Rouge, Antaeus? Classics all, but I get the feeling not exactly what the poster is looking for. She says "not very loud" and these tend to make their presence heard in no uncertain terms!

How about Geir Ness, Creed Origianl Vetiver (already recomended), Creed Imperial, Ulrich Lang Anvers?

Or more mainstream but still not likely to be worn by the masses, Givenchy Blue Label, Guerlain L'Instant, Hugh Parsons 99 Regent Street?

Three from among many. They are far from common (you may need to buy these online, most dept. stores have long purged there shelves of them), discreet, slyly sexy, understated, classy. And they smell good. Nothing weird or outlandish, just beautifully composed:

Égoïste (Chanel)

Nino Cerruti (Cerruti)

Van Cleef & Arpels pour Hoome (Van Cleef & Arpels)

Quote Originally Posted by Alicka61
    Dear Turkish HD - yes, he smells naturally like heaven and no scent can be better - OH! But for ehm, outside performance, I would like him to wear something special that would be let´s say his logo like his personality.

Btw L´Air Du Dessert was suggested already twice, I am going to order a sample.
    Alicka,
    I am also lucky enough that my wife likes my, let's say, personal scent a lot!

Since he doesn't wear scents (and thus can't suggest any), have you tried some scents yourself to see if one reminds you of all his qualities? I'll bet you can find one!

BTW, L'Air D. D. is expensive, but if you're rich, no problem!

I think Miracle Homme By Lancome is a nice understated fragrance, haven't smelled many others wearing it.

Ysl - M7

I retested Cartier Declaration yesterday evening and, again, I can see it perfectly fitting the bill, far better even than Bulgari PH

L'Eau de L'Artisan (L'Artisan) - very superior, light, distinctive, mood-elevating grassy citrus that I think is much underappreciated here (In my opinion you can disregard the most recent posted review). I can't imagine anyone not liking this or thinking it not unique.

Jaisalmer (Comme des Garcons) - just fantastic, sexy (I allow myself to imagine) and highly masculine without being overbearing

Palisander (Comme des Garcons) - unlike anything else, very distinctive and pleasant, but not for everyone and maybe not for a first fragrance

Citta di Kyoto (Santa Maria Novella) - also unlike anything else, very distinctive and pleasant, also not for everyone but rather light and clean in my opinion

1869 (Acca Kappa) - a subtle, clean floral, still very masculine. Notes of cardamom, geranium and I'm not sure what else.

Any of these, and many others mentioned in this thread, will be something that effectively no one else has. I'm reminded of a friend's comment about another friend: "I can't believe she has a DB7--normal people don't have a DB7."

Cartier Eau de Cartier

Subtley confident but not arrogant, wears close to skin. And of course very clean smelling!

Good luck

Funksta

How about this one? It's light, bright, and I think (correct me if I'm mistaken) quite unique:

Boss In Motion Blue Edition

Acqua di Parma - Colonia
    Monsieur Galimard
    Photo (old)
    Monsieur de Givenchy
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

Patyka Chypre is nice.

This stuff goes on strong sort of like bug repellant, but after 20min, it becomes very subtle. It's very green, but not a coniferous (pine, spruce) kind of green: more like a soft grassy green. It's like the green note in Bandit without the leather/rubber, carnation and all that "pink" smelling stuff. It's far more wearable than Bandit, but not too easy to aquire.

S

Based on your description of his powerful but understated style:
    Pour Un Homme de Caron
    Armani Eau Pour Homme

RM

I want to thank to all of you for your recs and inform you that today I passed a sniffing tour and fell head over heels with AG Sables and bought it for my dear HB. It´s really very special scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Alicka61
    I want to thank to all of you for your recs and inform you that today I passed a sniffing tour and fell head over heels with AG Sables and bought it for my dear HB. It´s really very special scent.
    Great, great choice.
    I've been wanting to add this one for a long time.
    He's a lucky guy.

-Slim