Code of Conduct

Default Diavolo - Antonio Banderas

I bought a 100ml bottle of this one blind the other day, for A$15 (US$11). Let's face it, Diavolo is a great name to anyone of Latin descent.

It was a sunny 20 C day, and when I got home I sprayed it on my arm, and was nonplussed. As I pondered my poor investment, I was wondering to whom I'd give this floral concoction, which - despite my best efforts - I was unable to find any reason to like. I also checked the Basenotes directory to find, for the first time ever, not one single thumbs up for this reviled diabolic scent!

Today was a very warm 33 C day. My ladyfriend asked me how I'd gone with my blind purchase. I said that it was Awful, and to smell it as I sprayed some on my forearm. She said it smelled pretty good to her. So I smelled it and .... beats me why.... was it the hot weather, my sweaty skin, the suntan lotion on my arms?...... but the stuff suddenly smelled pretty good to me too.

Now I'm really nonplussed.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 5th December 2006 at 09:24 AM.

Default Re: Diavolo - Antonio Banderas

Well, on my skin, with a hot as hell weather, It was still diabolic. And I swapped it as fast as I could.

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs
    Well, on my skin, with a hot as hell weather, It was still diabolic. And I swapped it as fast as I could.
    Well, we agree as to it's diabolic nature - I guess it wasn't such a bad purchase after all.
    Renato

I thought it was not too bad, did i feel -what was it- coffee on the drydown? that was the best part.
    It's not impressive but there's something missing, something to give it its final push...
    what is it?

On me it was like spraying on cardboard.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux
    I thought it was not too bad, did i feel -what was it- coffee on the drydown? that was the best part.
    It's not impressive but there's something missing, something to give it its final push...
    what is it?
    I can't smell any coffee - I'm not sure what I'm smelling. It indeed seemed to be missing something, but then again this weird scent is starting to grow on me.
    Renato

I don't smell any coffee either... On me It's a diabolic combination of floral notes (which I normally despise) and a sour smell. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs
    I don't smell any coffee either... On me It's a diabolic combination of floral notes (which I normally despise) and a sour smell. Weird.
    It's as weird as quite a few niche scents I've come across - but it has more lasting power.
    Renato

Diavolo - Antonio Banderas contains natural cofee absolute