Code of Conduct

Default Escada Sunset Heat ... the worst I've sampled in a LONG time

First of all, why Escada would decide to release a frag like this in late fall/early winter is beyond me. It's TOTALLY summer/warm weather. At first spray, it's almost bearable ... but done a thousand times before. Sweet, citrusy, blah, blah, blah ... But on the drydown, I have to honestly say (IMHO) it's one of the most cloying and offensive frags I've ever sampled. Like the old joke ... If I were to put "cloying" in a dictionary, this would be the picture next to it. I don't think I could be in the same room if someone was wearing it. Such a shame from the same designer that gave me Magnetism ... one of my faves. No wonder it just recently was released and is discounted on Scentiments already. What a letdown ...

I also sampled the new M by Masaki Matsushima at Sephora and was pleasantly surprised. The only problem, as with most citrus frags, is that it was very short lived. I drenched the back of my hand about an hour ago and I can barely detect it now...

no, make that, I can't smell it at all. Oh well ...

Thrax

Default Re: Escada Sunset Heat ... the worst I've sampled in a LONG time

This sounds like one that I may have to check out then....cloying and citrus. Yummy...

Was fresh tropical fruit punch spilled on my wrist?Well,rather not,this is the new Sunset Heat.Pleasant it is,it would be fine as a room-fragrance but not something I would wear on myself.Strictly for seasonal use (summer).
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Totally agree. I was put off by its fruit punch nature instantly.
    Ziffy, what are your thoughts on Magnetism and Sentiment? Are they any good?

I recently got a sample of this at Macy's and didn't pay much attention to it. I did smell it and it wasn't that bad but like said up there it's been done before. It doesn't last at all either. I prefer my Paris Hilton for Men as my fruity fragrance.
    Looking for Partial or Full Bottles Of:
    Silver Mountain Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Scent of Peace

PM me please.

Yeah I agree, way too ripe, cloying, sweet, etc. Strawberry daiquiri overload.

Thrax, do you want my sample?
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

I think it's a pretty ordinary modern fresh fruity with a gimmicky kiwi fruit top note.

I do not like this Sunset Heat either.....Way to sweet......This was put on counter Christmas Eve at my Macy's.....This is a summer scent for sure...and to ship this a few days before Christmas just does not make sense to me at all.
    Gary

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

As the Valleyspeak people say, "Tried it. Hated it!"
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

nearfantastica

Quote Originally Posted by genvy5
    Totally agree. I was put off by its fruit punch nature instantly.
    Ziffy, what are your thoughts on Magnetism and Sentiment? Are they any good?

Magnetism is a very playful/fun fragrance. Metallic/grape like elixir that is quite smooth and distinctive. Sentiment, is very similar to CK Euphoria for men. Both fragrances lack longevity on me, and both are quite pleasant if not astounding. Sentiment, in particular can be had "very" inexpensively online.

a.

Quote Originally Posted by nearfantastica
    Magnetism is a very playful/fun fragrance. Metallic/grape like elixir that is quite smooth and distinctive. Sentiment, is very similar to CK Euphoria for men. Both fragrances lack longevity on me, and both are quite pleasant if not astounding. Sentiment, in particular can be had "very" inexpensively online.

a.
    Ditto on both. The only difference I find is Magnetism lasted longer and longer the more times I wore it. It now has medium to good longevity on me. Sentiment, not much longevity but still a great frag.

I just sampled the Escada Sunset Heat, and it's Halston Unbound redone, just a tad fruitier.

But what gets me is the fact that Unbound is so adored around here and Sunset Heat is essentially the same fragrance, only a little more fruit.

I dont get it.
    I'm a fresh scent junkie and proud of it!