Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Escada Sunset Heat: A Perspective From An Advertising Major

I am an advertising major and thought Escada's campaign was interesting given the season we are currently in

I recently encountered the bottle at Nordstroms and was very surprised at their marketing.

The scent is on the sweet, fruity side which is more appealing for summer months. Even the color blue is geared more towards summer than autumn/fall. They should have the color at least an autumn color if they want to fool the customer.

Anyway, I am surprised such a prestigous company would market something so early. It shows how desperate they are in the marketing department.

Although, this product will be positioned better in the spring/summer. That's why I feeling that it might pick up in the summer. We shall see.

Default Re: Escada Sunset Heat: A Perspective From An Advertising Major

All these comments (and the ones from the other post) about SH forM... make me wanna buy it!

Post Thanks / Like

It's a good fragrance, but I think it is way too early for it. Although, knowing me, I will end up buying Kenzo for the summer. I absolutly cannot live without it; well that and Issey Miyake summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Just the name... Sunset Heat. Umm... I hate to burst your bubble, but most sunsets right now are about... -15 to 30 degrees, so the term Sunset Heat must be sarcastic. What you guys think?
    - Rich

EDIT - Fahrenheit... were still on the stupid english system here in the US... I CANNOT wait for the big wigs to get a clue and make the painful but necessary transition to metric. PLEASE do it soon!

Post Thanks / Like

well right after christmas is when dept. stores roll out their "resort wear" collections, which (ostenisbly) aim for the market of people jetting off to the tropics to escape the Jan/Feb cold, but really just work on our wishful-thinking impulse ("how i wish it were warm enough to wear these shorts... maybe if I buy 'em, it will be that warm"). In the context of this (with the frag being a "resort" launch rather than a "summer" themed launch), it makes a lot of sense...