Code of Conduct

Default What strength do you ladies recommend?

I want to give a few new (to me) frags a try, but I'm wondering what 'concentration' of them is recommended as best. I'm interested in Diorissimo, Chanel no. 19, L'Heure Bleu, Apres L'Ondee, Bellodgia, and Nuit de Noel (and probably at lot more that I'm not thinking of right now.) If you are a fan of any of these frags would you please tell me what your preference is regarding the strength of the juice? We had a similar thread about whether or not pure parfum is always best, but this is a little more specific of a question that I'm wondering about.
    Thanks all!

Default Re: What strength do you ladies recommend?

I have heard from people here that Chanel No. 19 has more of the leather note (vis-a-vis floral) in EDT than EDP, and I personally love the leather note. I can also attest to the potency and longevity of the EDT version -- comparable to most EDPs IMHO. I believe EDP has been discontinued here in the US, so I'm hesitant to invite an attachment to the EDP, as 19 one of my staples. Having said that, I would like to try the EDP for comparison, and would also like to hear what other have to say.

I tried Apres L'Ondee EDT, and the EDT seemed pretty weak to me, compared to 19 and say L'Instant, Champs Elysees or Samsara (ditto Mitsouko). In general Guerlains tend to be more characteristic in the EDP/parfum versions than the EDTs.
    Last edited by coumarin; 6th December 2006 at 11:19 PM.

L'Heure Bleue - EdP or parfum
    Nuit de NoŽl - parfum

No comment for the others.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darŁber muss man schreiben."

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    L'Heure Bleue - EdP or parfum
    Nuit de NoŽl - parfum

No comment for the others.
    I agree with these.

Apres is no longer available in parfum only the edt.

Belladgio in edp is wonderful.

Dior have discontinued many in parfum so may only be edts.
    DONNA

Chanel No. 19 is only available in EDT in the U.S.A., and only at Chanel boutiques, now. The phone number for the nearest boutique is available online. This is one of my favorite scents. Strawberry.net is the only place that claims to be able to ship you parfum, but I've never bought any.
    Guerlains (except Mitsouki, which is fine) - avoid EDT. Too weak, not the same balance of notes as the parfums they are intended to represent.
    Carons - I have only smelled EDPs, and they are divine.

Thanks for your advice, all. Has anybody tried Diorissimo in EDP or parfum? If I can find it somewhere, should I go for the parfum or EDP? The only Dior I'm familiar with is Dune (which I love) and I can't imagine it anything but the EDT, so maybe Diorissimo would be fine that way.