Code of Conduct

Default Kenneth Cole New York

Hi folks,

I saw a 30ml bottle of this stuff EXTREMELY cheap on line, but after reading the reviews at the directory, I'm a bit worried about the quality of this fragrance...
    What do you think about it?
    My experience with KC fragrances is resumed to Reaction... Which I think is a non original nice smelling, casual melon based scent that vanishes in seconds on my skin...

Thrax

Default Re: Kenneth Cole New York

To me, New York is very nice. A light citrus-y, scent that is just "pleasant." Longevity on my skin is about 8 hours. Although I dont own a bottle now, I have in the past, and I say go for it!

I have posted re: Kenneth Cole New York here before, and have gotten a less-than-enthusiastic reaction.

I continue to hold my position: Kenneth Cole New York is a very pleasant fragrance that I am very fond of. My girlfriend loves this scent, and I think that in general, women will react favorably to it each and every time (this may be quite "far-fetched," but I feel this way).

Now, you may ask, is it strong? No, it is subtle. Does it last long? I would say "average." I apply a fairly large quantity of it and it lasts for 4 - 5 hours. I don't have a problem with strength or longevity. It is not, however, one fragrance where one or two sprays (like Kouros, for example) will be strong and long-lasting. No. Apply a good portion, and you will be pleased. Does it smell unique? I think it does while many seem to think it does not. Is it similar to other fragrances in this genre? Yes.

There. I see that Thrax and I both used the key word: *Pleasant*

hey guys, any similar fragrances come to your minds?

Thrax

Bulgari Aqua? MAYBE!!

Oh no, Thrax, don't tell me It's similar to Bvlgari Aqva! I've just bought a bottle of it and although It's not bad, there's a note in it that annoys me a bit: something that smells marine, like seaweed or maybe just cumin...
    I was expecting you to tell me that It had a slightly sweet note!

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs
    hey guys, any similar fragrances come to your minds?
    I say, "a lot of citrus/fruity fragrances are similar, but this is unique."

Azzaro Chrome maybe, or Halston Unbound.

Thrax

Oh no, Thrax, don't tell me It's similar to Bvlgari Aqva! I've just bought a bottle of it and although It's not bad, there's a note in it that annoys me a bit: something that smells marine, like seaweed or maybe just cumin...
    I was expecting you to tell me that It had a slightly sweet note!
    Argg matey! There be no seaweed in this concoction. The Unbound reference was a good one though...

Quote Originally Posted by smitsky
    I say, "a lot of citrus/fruity fragrances are similar, but this is unique."

Azzaro Chrome maybe, or Halston Unbound.
    I got both and like them a lot, Smitsky!
    But, not a hint of sweetness in this one?

Thrax, Unbound is great, but is AdG's twin brother (less powdery and less sour). Is KC New York another AdG clone??

I don't know if I would call it "sweetness." It is certainly not "sweet" in any gourmand sort of way. I *would* describe it as smooth.

It's pleasantly smooth if you will. It's not loud... more "soft-and-steady."

Quote Originally Posted by smitsky
    I don't know if I would call it "sweetness." It is certainly not "sweet" in any gourmand sort of way. I *would* describe it as smooth.

It's pleasantly smooth if you will. It's not loud... more "soft-and-steady."
    Great description, man! Thanks, helped me a lot!

It does not strike me as being an AdG clone. Others may disagree and say that they think it is, but I don't happen to think so.

I really like the bottle design. Very cool. That cap is sleek.

Glad I was able to help.

My girlfriend likes the following as well. These are also very unique. She's Filipino. She says these remind her of flower scents from that region:

L'eau D'issey by Issey Miyake for Men

Clean Men by Dlish

Hey, I bought KC New York and your descriptions were really faithful to the truth! It's a refreshing and fruity scent, with a slightly floral touch, that produces a "cold breeze" feeling. It's subtle, stays close to the skin, but smells wonderful! On my skin It lasts about 6 hours (although very weak).
    It's not an AdG clone, the only similarity I see is that both could be described as aquatic. A great option for those that can't stand Adg anymore...

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I received two small packaged spray bottle samples with another order today. Tried a small spray on the back of one hand, rubbed it on the other.
    Nice. I agree with RCaves re: dry/not sweet, but initially intense and very quickly not overpowering at all. Still available for sniff review after 5 hours. I would buy/use this sometime in the near future.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Hmm, I think New York is one fragrance I've sworn never to try on my skin again. As I recall it it was an horrid experience. Only Beckhams first fragrance and Armani's City Glam has made me do such promises before.

to me this is one of the sopiest fragrances around, its really shower fresh, not soapy in an old fashioned way

Smile Re: Kenneth Cole New York

Hey, I bought KC New York and your descriptions were really faithful to the truth! It's a refreshing and fruity scent, with a slightly floral touch, that produces a "cold breeze" feeling. It's subtle, stays close to the skin, but smells wonderful! On my skin It lasts about 6 hours (although very weak).
    It's not an AdG clone, the only similarity I see is that both could be described as aquatic. A great option for those that can't stand Adg anymore...
    Hey RCavs,

Cool! I really really like the stuff, and I'm happy to hear that you obtained it, and seem to really like it as well. I have learned a lot from the above description also. Thanx for the information.

I reapply this fragrance often, as I do not think this is a particularly "strong" or "longlasting" fragrance. I also try to learn "which fragrance does what" in this regard, and act accordingly.

I would not classify this as a very short-lived fragrance either. I think it's about average when a fair amount is applied. I do tend to apply this - and many other aquatic fragrances - liberally. Some I hold the trigger on though (L'eau D'issey, por ejemplo).

Another good one which I am very fond of is Aqua Quorum. It's not mentioned here much, but it is a very good "stand-up" fragrance IMO.

I wear Kenneth Cole fragrances in the height of Summer, when I'm tending to the simpler things in life like avoiding thirst. They're good for nothing else, alas.
    De gustibus non est disputandum