Code of Conduct

Thumbs up TJ Maxx Sniff and Spend... (Mod please delete thread)

WOW! I was amazed at the selection they were able to cram into a single 4-shelf 2' x 2' fixture!

There was plenty of Paul Sebastian, Escada, Claiborne, and even Burberry to be had at very good prices. I heeded nearfantastica's recent advice and purchased the very versatile Lanvin Arpege Homme 1.7 oz for $16.99, and a 2.5 oz YSL Rive Gauche for $19.99 -- This was AFTER I brazenly tore open the packaging and sprayed myself liberally, of course! (Yes, I bought the ones I opened)

They had Dunhill Fresh 1.7 oz for $16.99 - ehh - I didn't care for it. I even saw a lone (opened) Opium PH (big bottle I think) for like $24.00.

I know all of the regulars on here know about TJ Maxx,; I probably should have posted this on the newbie board. I just wanted to share my recent good fortune. (And thanks nearfantastica, for the Arpege Homme)

In my area, the Holy Trinity of fragrance stores (Nordstrom, Dillards, Macy's) have ALL stopped carrying the YSL and Guerlain men's lines. I couldn't find a single bottle of M7, Heritage, or Vetiver to sample.

Hmmm... I think Vegas is 20 degrees warmer than Salt Lake this time of year
    Last edited by Scentsibility; 8th December 2006 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Delete

Default Re: TJ Maxx Sniff and Spend... :)

Kudos on your finds. We have a TJ Maxx here in NYC that I check out about every 2-4 weeks. They also have this 2x2 fixture crammed full of frags, however, the men's selection is always better than the woman's imo. Sometimes you can find some real surprises there!
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Not to sound surly, but could we add our finds to existing TJ Maxx/Marshalls threads unless there isn't one that fits? We've talked about Rive Gauche, Escada, (basically all those mentioned) MANY times over. Do we really need 10 new TJ Maxx/Marshalls threads per week?
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

Default Re: TJ Maxx Sniff and Spend... :) Mod Please Delete Thread)

Duly noted... Sorry!
    Last edited by Scentsibility; 8th December 2006 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Delete

Quote Originally Posted by rach2jlc
    Not to sound surly, but could we add our finds to existing TJ Maxx/Marshalls threads unless there isn't one that fits? We've talked about Rive Gauche, Escada, (basically all those mentioned) MANY times over. Do we really need 10 new TJ Maxx/Marshalls threads per week?
    Not to sound surly, but if Scentsibility wants to post another TJ Maxx thread, so what. What's the big deal? Just about every topic in this forum has been recycled over and over already, that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

BTW, Scentsibility, welcome to Basenotes!
    Last edited by knightowl; 8th December 2006 at 07:11 AM.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

RTbar

Default Re: TJ Maxx Sniff and Spend... (Mod please delete thread)

i just picked up some gucci pour homme at marshalls, good stuff

Default Re: TJ Maxx Sniff and Spend... (Mod please delete thread)

Lanvin Arpege is awesome. I'm wearing it today and my wife flipped for it. Great for this cold day. I'll wear it through until March in Georgia (occasionally).

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl
    Not to sound surly, but if Scentsibility wants to post another TJ Maxx thread, so what. What's the big deal? Just about every topic in this forum has been recycled over and over already, that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

BTW, Scentsibility, welcome to Basenotes!
    It was just a suggestion to try and keep things organized. I agree that most topics have been recycled over and over, but I don't necessarily see a problem in suggesting members use the search function. At the end of the day, it doesn't really bother me one way or the other, but I just figured that since a lot of people live outside the US/don't live near the maxx/marshalls, it might be easier and more efficient to have a few threads with more comprehensive Maxx info rather than 10 new ones every week that say the same thing (sort of how there is one sales thread per member, one swap thread, etc. rather than new ones every time somebody wants to trade).
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 8th December 2006 at 05:25 PM.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho