Code of Conduct

Default Buying genuine Himalaya Creed online.

Can any one please tell me where to buy genuine/original Creed Himalaya online. Nieman M is selling 4oz for $230. I searched some sites like perfumebay, perfumemart, unitedperfumes.com where the same is available for approx $100. Should I trust these sites who are selling the same product for half the price ? The deals looks too good to be true. What if they send me the fake stuff.
    Plz help with your advise?
    Thank you in advance,
    Raj

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Buying genuine Himalaya Creed online.

When you look up a fragrance in the basenotes directory there will often be a list of web sites on the right hand side of the page. Except for the ones in Great Britain I think I've bought bottles from just about all of them. They all should be 100% reliable unless you see 50 posts tonight to the contrary.

Nieman, Saks, Bergdorf the 5th Avenue stores all charge full retail. I love the ambiance and salewomen, but sadly I had children and they squeezed every last dime outta me. My wife is partially to blame also.
    Gary

I'm not too sure I understand pricing and labeling on Creed products anymore. I'm studying them. 12/10/06
    Last edited by fredricktoo; 11th December 2006 at 12:36 AM.

If you have the time, you should try Paco Rabanne's XS. VERY similar to Himilaya, but I actually prefer XS.

http://www.perfume.com/creed/ has the 8.4 OZ Falcon for $122 Best deal I've seen on Creeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobert
    http://www.perfume.com/creed/ has the 8.4 OZ Falcon for $122 Best deal I've seen on Creeds.
    $122!! Thats fantastic value !! But EDT??? I thought Himalaya was an EDP only !
    -

Unfortunately for the op, perfume.com does not ship internationally
    Scents are fleeting . . . memories are not. . . .

I've got an Ebay Guy, I've used... you can PM me if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    $122!! Thats fantastic value !! But EDT??? I thought Himalaya was an EDP only !
    Himalya is a Millesime like GIT.

There is only one strength - 'Millesime' - which Creed claim is equivalent to the EDP term used by other mortals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobert
    Himalya is a Millesime like GIT.
    Yes but that perfume.com site has both EDT and EDP formulations. Cause for concern, perhaps?
    -

I ordered GIT and Spring Flower falcons from them and they are legit.

The eBay seller creedirect is very reputable. I've bought several bottles from her. Someone told me that she -- Claire is her first name -- is somehow connected with Bond No. 9. In any case, all her stuff is first rate and VERY reasonably priced. (She had -- and may still have -- 4 oz. Himalayas for $45.00 plus $10.00 s/h. And yes, they're real -- albeit testers.)

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

That perfume.com site looks mighty nice, but how could a "company" which is in the fragrance industry goof something such as the EDT and EDP/Millesime. That's ridiculous. Along with that, they also have Green Irish Tweed for Women and Green Irish Tweed for Men. Also they have Himalaya for Women and Himalaya for Men. What gives? Although Mobert validates their authenticity, personally I'm still leery. You know the saying: If it seems to good to be true ...

Quote Originally Posted by bakhale
    Can any one please tell me where to buy genuine/original Creed Himalaya online. Nieman M is selling 4oz for $230. I searched some sites like perfumebay, perfumemart, unitedperfumes.com where the same is available for approx $100. Should I trust these sites who are selling the same product for half the price ? The deals looks too good to be true. What if they send me the fake stuff.
    Plz help with your advise?
    Thank you in advance,
    Raj
    I've spoken directly to a creed representative in New York; a number provided on the creed website, and was informed that the only authorized creed online retailer is Nieman's, Saks, and ParfumsRaffy.com. ParfumsRaffy is an authorized creed fragrance online retailer. I've also spoken to a representative there as well and was informed as to how all this creed is ending up on other websites so cheap and plentiful. It was a very interesting story for those who wish to maintain integrity with their creed. Needless to say I did purchase from ParfumsRaffy.com and have not been dissappointed with my fresh bottle; always no older than 2 months self life; this makes a difference as most fragrance life is no more than 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Motecuzoma
    That perfume.com site looks mighty nice, but how could a "company" which is in the fragrance industry goof something such as the EDT and EDP/Millesime. That's ridiculous. Along with that, they also have Green Irish Tweed for Women and Green Irish Tweed for Men. Also they have Himalaya for Women and Himalaya for Men. What gives? Although Mobert validates their authenticity, personally I'm still leery. You know the saying: If it seems to good to be true ...
    this could be just the way they list it so that people searching find it easilly.GIT is worn by women as well as men. People not so familiar with the line may search for EDT, or be confused and put off by the word MILLESIME which they are not familiar with.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder
    People not so familiar with the line may search for EDT, or be confused and put off by the word MILLESIME which they are not familiar with.
    Ah, but that doesnt explain the disparity in price between the Edt and Edp versions of the Himalaya flacon.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    Ah, but that doesnt explain the disparity in price between the Edt and Edp versions of the Himalaya flacon.
    Whoa! I didn't actually look. That sounds very dodgy.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy
    The eBay seller creedirect is very reputable. I've bought several bottles from her. Someone told me that she -- Claire is her first name -- is somehow connected with Bond No. 9. In any case, all her stuff is first rate and VERY reasonably priced. (She had -- and may still have -- 4 oz. Himalayas for $45.00 plus $10.00 s/h. And yes, they're real -- albeit testers.)
    OK. I am ever the optimist so....I just purchased one of the 4 oz Creed Himalaya testers for $45.00 + $10 shipping via PayPal. Lets see how this goes. I will report back with the results whenever..
    There are three kinds of people in this world: those who understand math and those who don't (four out of three people surveyed agree with this).

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Dante
    There is only one strength - 'Millesime' - which Creed claim is equivalent to the EDP term used by other mortals.
    not according to Creed's UK website

“Millésime” is a French term that denotes a product of extra fine quality and Creed's “Millésime” fragrances contain the highest percentage of natural essences to be found in the French perfume industry.

They continue to be produced, largely by hand, using time-honoured techniques in the highest tradition of classical perfumery.

They are all of Eau de Parfum strength, and therefore more complex and long lasting than the Eaux de Toilette…"

http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/sit...rances_for_men

• • • • • • • • • • •

"The Eaux de Toilette are classic in style and will appeal to both the traditionalist as well as younger customers looking to rediscover treasures from the past.

They too are based on natural essences but are less concentrated than the Millesime fragrances.…"

http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/sit...ux_de_toilette

quite the list

• • • • • • • • • • •

I looked at the flacons next:

"Creed’s Private Collection is comprised of fragrances originally created for special clients to wear as their personal scent.

Five such fragrances were created in the 30’s, 40’s and 50’s for Hollywood legends of the time and are now available to the general public. The Private Collection fragrances are housed in traditional perfumers tinted glass flacons with ground glass stoppers, covered in natural hide and sealed with gold thread.

For travelling Creed have created a range of leather bound refillable 50ml atomisers into which customers can decant their private collection fragrance.

To find out more about each Private Collection fragrance, click the plus sign next to each product…"
    http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/sit...ate_collection

they all appear to at least be fragrances reading this. I looked at the enlarged pictures and I think I see the word perfume, the type is a bit blurry

• • • • • • • • • • •

the best part of my day was shopping my favorite store in Manhattan over the web and finding "Green Irish Tweed 2.5 oz $185.00

Ok, I'm confused now. After reading all those links I'm still at a loss. I understand what the links are saying (although I can't believe no one's pointed it out before). But it STILL doesn't explain the sight in question and how they have multiple fragrances for him'her and EdT and EdP for each. Or the cheap prices for flacons. GAH!

Edit: Oh, also the last link states Selection Verte as Cary Grant's personal fragrance. Where did I go wrong here?
    Last edited by Motecuzoma; 11th December 2006 at 12:42 AM.

Blog Entries

I count 49 Creed fragrances listed on the UK Creed site, including women's, men's and private collection, whereas the Basenotes list has 52. I cannot find "Vintage Tabarome", for example, on the UK site list but it is on the Basenotes Creed list. What am I missing here?
    There are three kinds of people in this world: those who understand math and those who don't (four out of three people surveyed agree with this).

Some of them are no longer produced.

Blog Entries

AH..thanks. Makes perfect sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Motecuzoma
    Some of them are no longer produced.
    Only Bayrhum Vetiver is not produced anymore - some of them were limited editions (Spring Fling, Feuille Verte, etc.) and were never released in the UK.
    -