Code of Conduct
    Thrax

Default A fresh, clean musk...

Ya ever just have a hankerin' for a nice clean musk? WELL I DO!!! And I just thought that there are plenty of sweet, heavy, dirty musks our there. But what are some of the fresher, cleaner ones. I will have to cast my vote for Bulgari PH, although I would like something with a bit more musk. Let the suggestions begin!!!!!

Default Re: A fresh, clean musk...

I'd go with Dolce & Gabbana By Man. I'd describe it like a dirty musk that's taken a nice clean shower, if that makes any sense whatsoever.

cK Be is also a nice, clean musk.

For me, Bulgari ph is just TOO laundry-smelling (as is Blv - Somehow I am not that much into that house, although Black is nice).

I know it is a sacrilege, but I think I will mention an Armani here. Armani White ph was my first serious fragrance and my signature scent, and I think it fits your bill. Some people report longevity problems, but it lasted well on me. You are a sweet tooth if I recall correctly, so this one would be a change. There's nothing sweet in White.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffman
    I'd go with Dolce & Gabbana By Man. I'd describe it like a dirty musk that's taken a nice clean shower, if that makes any sense whatsoever.

cK Be is also a nice, clean musk.
    I puchased cK be for the first time last week. It is an interesting clean smell. I won't buy it again though, simply because it has NO longevity. I splashed it liberally over my torso and arms and could barely smell it 30 minutes later. That is just so wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ObsessionForMen
    I puchased cK be for the first time last week. It is an interesting clean smell. I won't buy it again though, simply because it has NO longevity. I splashed it liberally over my torso and arms and could barely smell it 30 minutes later. That is just so wrong.
    I can understand your feeling. That actually just happened to me with CK Obsession Night for Men. I really love the fragrance though.

I do really like CK Be. I have the lotion. It is very true 2 the juice and lasts fairly well on this body actually...

Here's my next #1 vote for a clean musk scent:

Lucky You by Liz Claiborne for Men

This stuff is really nice, and the price tag is as well...

Here's another one that has not been mentioned that I'm fond of:

Oxygene by Lanvin for Men

Here's a higher-priced one which I really like:

Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

Will you wear women's fragrances like I do? If so, let me offer this really clean smelling musk-containing fragrance:

Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker

I get a lot of compliments from women on this one!

Enjoi

I think that Bvlgari's Eau parfumée au thé Blanc is a very musky scent, yet clean. And to me, it's more musk than tea, for sure.
    Another one that i found to be surprisingly clean was White Musk by Mavive (it's marketed towards women).
    another one would be VC&Arpels's Hiver, very fresh, very clean, musky drydown.
    Last edited by castorpollux; 4th December 2006 at 05:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree about the White Tea. I get a lot more musk than tea. I also get a lot more musk with the Bulgari PH Extreme than the original PH.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

Thrax,

If you're talking laundry fresh and clean, literally, I would go with Keiko Mecheri's Musc EDP. A large component of the musk in this fragrance is probably the same
    macrocylic musks, more than likely Habanolide® or Globalide®, used in the scenting of functional products such as laundry detergent and dryer sheets.

It's actually a very nice, very unobtrusive, and, of course, very laundry fresh clean.

scentemental

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My first two reactions were ck be (which is one of my very favorite frags, despite the longevity) and Lucky You, both which have been suggested already.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Post Thanks / Like

I like Bvlgari PH, as well. At it's price point, it can't be beat.

A simpler, more basic musk scent is Etro's Musk - but, obviously, it's more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by smitsky
    Here's my next #1 vote for a clean musk scent:

Lucky You by Liz Claiborne for Men
    I was thinking that too; good stuff, durable, and at a good price, yo!

Also Dunhill '03.
    K
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like

Brother T,
    I was at Marshall's Friday, looking for Ungaro III, which hadn't shown up yet.

However, there were about half-a-dozen Kiehl Musks. I looked at the package, and they claim to be the first (I'm sure knowledgeable folks may debate this).

Now keep in mind that this is hearsay, I haven't tried it, but I think that some folks here like that stuff, and at Marshall's, everything's dirt-cheap! Of course, I know you like the fancy stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: A fresh, clean musk...

Musc Alizee by CSP is great fresh musk scent, it also has a good longevity, which seems to be a problem in scents of this category. It might be somewhat feminine, but if that's not a problem for you, you guys have to sample it.

Another very nice one is Muschio Bianco by Acca Kappa. It perfectly portrays the color white, so clean and tender, somewhat powdery. Lasts very well on me, I've heard others have had problems with the longevity. This too might be somewhat feminine to some noses.

Bulgari PH would be my vote as well, but for a much less laundry-like option, I just received a sample of an oil called Indo Dreams by Velvet Butterfly Perfumes, and it's unbelievably delicious. It's supposed to be musk and patchouli, but I can't smell any patchouli at all, just slightly sweet, soft, clean musk. Unfortunately, VB seem to be a little fly-by-night company - to my dismay, their website is no longer in existence...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux
    I think that Bvlgari's Eau parfumée au thé Blanc is a very musky scent, yet clean. And to me, it's more musk than tea, for sure.
    This was the first thought that came to me after glancing the thread title. I think that this fine Bulgari scent perfectly captures what you're after, more so than Bulgari PH.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Another that you might try that is a clean musk is Philosophy's Amen. It has tea and citrus in it as well, but a nice sandalwood and musk base. It's not very expensive either ($35 or so retail), which is always a plus. I just received a bottle from a fellow Bnoter and I got a big whiff of musk at first. I think you might enjoy it as well.
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 5th December 2006 at 12:13 AM.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

Burberry Touch for men?
    Ce message provient du Québec!

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax
    Ya ever just have a hankerin' for a nice clean musk? WELL I DO!!! And I just thought that there are plenty of sweet, heavy, dirty musks our there. But what are some of the fresher, cleaner ones. I will have to cast my vote for Bulgari PH, although I would like something with a bit more musk. Let the suggestions begin!!!!!
    When I read the topic title I thought Bulgari PH too...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow
    Musc Alizee by CSP is great fresh musk scent, it also has a good longevity, which seems to be a problem in scents of this category. It might be somewhat feminine, but if that's not a problem for you, you guys have to sample it.
    Excellent suggestion. It's extremely fresh and clean, so much that I can hardly detect any musk at all. Still a good scent though.

Post Thanks / Like

My first thought was Helmut Lang EDC, if you can find it.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps it might be too powdery but I find Lorenzo Villoresi's Musk to be quite clean and certainly not animalistic!

Another one: the summer edition of Opium PH has a very nice musk in the basenotes which is not as sweet as in the regular EDT or the EDP.

Anybody know of any aquatic musks? I was smelling a new soap and it smelled wonderful and it made me think of an aquatic musk.

Quote Originally Posted by steveharrisonmc
    Anybody know of any aquatic musks? I was smelling a new soap and it smelled wonderful and it made me think of an aquatic musk.
    Latitude Longitude

I was also thinking Bulgari Aqua but I don't remember if it has any musk in it.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by MisterK
    Latitude Longitude

No, there is no musk to be found in aqua. Has anyone ever tried Fierce by Abercrombie and Fitch? It smells awesome with its citrus+musk+fire thing going on....and it lasts forever.

Bond #9 - West Broadway
    Great smelling musk on the drydown.

Lightbulb Re: A fresh, clean musk...

I think Etro New Tradition could fit the bill.

It is basically a clean musk with citrus top and a light woody base. The first time I tried the sample vial I wasn't impressed at all... but after some days of wearing it I found it delicious and pretty long lasting.
    It isn't the most original cologne I've ever encountered, but anyway it has something in it, that isn't really comparable with other musk juices.

The reviews on Bn directory are not raving, and initially I agreed upon, but now my mind has changed.
    Does anyone know something about this cologne? Your input on this would be highly appreciated. Greetings from rainy northern Italy. E

I also thought of Helmut Lang but the EdP. It still might be too dirty though, actually.

I was just thinking today how musc ravageur is, I think, entirely without the "dirty" component of musk. It may be identifiable as "musk" but... it's extremely clean, and of course, sweet. It's a perverse musk in this respect, and a little camp, maybe, even. It seems to me a joke of some sort, that it is so strong and yet so clean. You could never knock the sleaze out of MKK or Kiehl's by just adding more sweet and vanilla. Musc ravageur is more like some kind of fleshly toffee than it is a down and dirty musk. Well, I've compared it before to being dipped in butter and rolled in powdered sugar. Heavy, yes. Dirty, not at all!

I think you should reconsider it as a possible outcome of your search.

(And I'm really wondering if I can handle "real" i.e. "dirty" musk at all. Cause even the ladies' Helmut Lang is too much for me.)
    Last edited by supermarky; 6th December 2006 at 11:01 AM.

My favourite musk scent is Santa Maria Novella's Muschio. It's an extremely long-lasting light musk scent - the best I have ever smelled.
    If you not adverse to wearing perfume, Madini produces some outstanding musks. These are concentrated oils and one drop is sufficient for the whole day. White Musk would probably do the trick. It is very, very light and delicate. They also produce: Black Musk, the heaviest, darkest scent I know; Musk Gazelle, fairly heavy and sweet: Musk Pierre, a woodier and more "masculine" fragrance. Good luck with all of your options.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: A fresh, clean musk...

Quote Originally Posted by MisterK
    Latitude Longitude

Latitude Longitude is rapidly becoming mighty hard to find!

I haven't tried the SMN musk, it has to be amazing though!

the smn GOLD MUSK is kind of what you're asking for with a vengeance, a really tough one to wear... it's a deadly mix of something like the scent of as people say in the reviews, dial soap and johnson's baby shampoo... and musk! I think it is the maddest fragrance I have come across yet.

but it is a very sexy combination

ohhh I tried SMN musk today...

it has the what I call the dread "roach motel note": sort of maple syrup-like.

can't deal with it !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Howzabout Monsieur Musk. Freshest Musk I know of....and the price sure is right.

212 Men, 212 Men On Ice, Bulgari PH, Cologne T. Mugler