Code of Conduct

Default New: Gucci pour Homme II

From WWD.com

Name: Gucci pour Homme II
    Brand: Gucci (P&G)
    Created by the P&G fragrance team and Mane

Gucci pour Homme II is a woody-spicy eau de parfum (said to be 4 times stronger than the original Gucci pour Homme):
    top: bergamot and violet leaves
    heart: pimento, black tea and cinnamon
    base: olive wood, tobacco leaves, musk and myrrh

"I think we've never spent as much time on a male fragrance as we did on this one, and it really is amazing," said Markus Strobel, general manager of prestige products and fine fragrances of P&G Prestige Products, which worked on the scent for two years.

At this time I unfortunately can not post a picture of the bottle, as the image shown on WWD has the copyright of a WWD photographer. Anyway It's the same bottle as for Gucci pour Homme, but with a matte brushed gold cap and the juice is blue-ish.

This is the first Gucci scent under P&G, a new woman's scent will follow in the fall of 2007.

Default Re: New: Gucci pour Homme II

Four times stronger than Gucci pour Homme?

I can't wait for this one.

Thanks for the scoop Ced - I really appreciate that keep us informed about the coming scents! My greatest fear about this new GPH is that it smells like all the Boss's scents :-/

-T-

I would rather they re-release Gucci pour homme (1976). The 2003 version was a mess.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by cedriceccentric

"I think we've never spent as much time on a male fragrance as we did on this one, and it really is amazing," said Markus Strobel, general manager of prestige products and fine fragrances of P&G Prestige Products
    yeah, yeah. I hope this fragrance lives up to its hype...

a new woman's scent will follow in the fall of 2007.
    But when will this MEN'S version you're talking about be available?

Oh! Sorry, I forgot to write that it will be released in March 2007.

Oh! Sorry, I forgot to write that it will be released in March 2007.
    Thanks Cedric ... sounds great. The only thing that stopped me from purchasing the original was the poor sillage and longevity.

Thanks for the interesting info. I wonder if this also means that they really will get rid of Gucci pour Homme eventually?
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/avano5/diary/

if you scroll down you will find pics of the new Gucci pour homme II and the new D&G Light Blue for men.

There's also a small article on the Basenotes front page, and the directory link is here: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26126901.html

Here's my "artists impression" of the bottle!:

There is one thing I really don't like about Gucci fragrances. Names.
    Gucci EdP, Gucci EdP II, Gucci Envy, Gucci Envy Me, Gucci Envy me II, Gucci PH and now Gucci PH II.
    Can't they be more creative at giving names???

Quote Originally Posted by Basenotes Admin
    There's also a small article on the Basenotes front page, and the directory link is here: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26126901.html

Here's my "artists impression" of the bottle!:

Nicely done!

Another "alarming" thought came to my mind after I saw the picture: The liquid is blue-ish... Does that mean GPH II = another contemporary, fresh juice to appeal the masses? I certainly hope not, even though I love CK Contradiction! The notes lead me to think it could be something quite different than that, possibly something dark (black tea, myrrh, tobacco leaves) but how many times have I been fooled by an olfactory pyramid?! (A: countless of times!)

-T-

Welcome back Tero!
    Ce message provient du Québec!

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Welcome back Tero!
    Thx my friend!

-T-

Quote Originally Posted by GGA
    Another "alarming" thought came to my mind after I saw the picture: The liquid is blue-ish... Does that mean GPH II = another contemporary, fresh juice to appeal the masses? I certainly hope not, even though I love CK Contradiction! The notes lead me to think it could be something quite different than that, possibly something dark (black tea, myrrh, tobacco leaves) but how many times have I been fooled by an olfactory pyramid?! (A: countless of times!)

-T-
    Tero,

I thought the exact same thing. I look forward to giving it a try, but the new Gucci heads at PPR are all about making as much as they can without really holding to any cohesive design or vision (beyond making $$$). They've given all of the Gucci Group brands, from Alexander McQueen to Balenciaga, until 2007 to break even or they've threatened to sell them off. That's why you've seen Balenciage "capsule" collections at lower prices, Alexander McQueen's Puma collaboration and McQ diffusion line, Stella & Adidas, etc. So, I'm a little weary of anything that the company puts out en masse.

Tom Ford certainly wanted success, but he also had an uncompromosing vision that some liked and some didn't. This is much of the reason that PPR fired him. Gucci PH, like it or not, is a throwback to older times and definitely goes slightly against the grain of the Miyake, Allure Homme Sport, Hugo Boss crowds glorified laundry detergent. I love it for that, even though I agree it may not be the most versatile scent on earth.

I predict this one will smell like slightly more expensive/classier CK or (as you mentioned) Hugo Boss. Hopefully not as boring as the new YSL L'homme... but I think it will be VERY similar.

When they say "we spent more time on this..." that actually makes me worry more than get excited; it just probably means they kept working on it until they came up with one that could be as commercial and popular as possible, not that they really wanted to make a brilliant scent.

I hope I'm wrong, but we'll just have to see...
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 8th December 2006 at 01:28 PM.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

If it's even an inch away from Hugo/CK/Code/Voyage/etc and yet strong enough to last all day, I'll be buying it. I've been very happy with the other Guccis.
    Wood, tobacco, myrhh? Sounds good.

-ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

My Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321
    Thanks Cedric ... sounds great. The only thing that stopped me from purchasing the original was the poor sillage and longevity.

Me too. So I'm anxiously awaiting the new one.

The notes do seem to make it attractive. As said about the time spent on it; hopefully the time was not spent on how to market it, but how to make the scent unique and appealing.

I wonder if the time of the year (March) it will be released has anything to do with the scent or the advertising campaign.

I read about this on osmoz.com yesterday and it sounds like it has the potential to be great. The middle and base notes excite me. The top notes of bergamot and violet scare me as I have the feeling they are going to overload it with these notes and make it too fresh smelling.

I want to like it, but looking at the pyramid it just seems wrong. I don't know. I think it is the myrrh & violet which is throwing me off. I think it might end up something like Latitude Longitude where it is high on ambition but just not there. Anyhow I'll definitely try it; it could be brilliant.
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

Exclamation Re: New: Gucci pour Homme II

I've never smelled the original, but you should check out the newer (2003) Gucci pour Homme; I don't think anything I've smelled has more sillage and longevity than that crackling wood powerhouse! I'd fear something 4 times as strong, but I'm sure that claim is mere marketing hype.
    Last edited by d4; 9th December 2006 at 04:02 AM.

Cedric,
    That's cool that you always have the scoop! You are L'Homme! .... What I'm trying to say is, You're The Man!

That's double good news.. an interesting new scent to try, and old Gucci PH will now probably become super-cheap!

Merci!

d4, I think that is what Ziffy is talking about...the "newer" Gucci Pour Homme and not the "original". I personally find it a little weak, and almost no sillage after about 10 minutes. I really like it though and look forward to trying this new amped-up version.

The notes of Gucci PH II sound intriguing: aside the topnotes (which are gone after a while) that are pretty common, I don't think it will be another "laundry detergent" if they really reflect what the juice smells. Olive wood and mhyrr sound pretty attractive, being olive wood a quite new idea: I really like the fragrant, oily green smell of olive wood. I have my bedroom floow made of olive wood and in the heat it smells so good!

Gucci Pour Homme is one of the weakest fragrances I have ever owend. I will spray my self over 10 times and still after 10 minutes I would smell NOTHING. So I would welcome a stronger version, as I like the scent.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

I've heard similarly from a few others on this board, but I've found the
    2003 Gucci pour Homme to have very good sillage and longevity.
    Skin type differences, I guess. GPH was one of the first bottles I actually
    used up and re-purchased promptly.

Rush could use a concentrated/intense makeover too

I found Gucci to have very little staying power initially, but latterly I've picked up on it a lot later after applying. I think it's one of those scents that 'goes to sleep' if you're not doing anything too active.

Is it only me who find the new design looking like a photo negative of the 2003 one?

I cant wait to try this one, but 4x the strength of the original may be overdoing it. I found the original incredibly long lasting and a sillage monster (in a good way of course). 3 sprays or more and I would smother anyone within a 6 feet radius of me.

I surely hope it isnt a fresh scent.

Wow... I can't wait to smell this one. It is wildly popular on BN. Let's see if this one can measure up to the perfection that Gucci pour Homme carries...

Quote Originally Posted by incedal
    Gucci Pour Homme is one of the weakest fragrances I have ever owend. I will spray my self over 10 times and still after 10 minutes I would smell NOTHING. So I would welcome a stronger version, as I like the scent.
    Yeah, that was my experience as well. I bought it new for full price, sprayed it once and put in on the swap list.

Instead of a "new" frag, I'd be perfectly happy if they just made this one STRONGER.

Cool Re: New: Gucci pour Homme II

wow ..everyone here seems so excited about this...it is 4 pages now in this thread since yesterday...& it is not there on the shelves yet??..

I hope that juice won't let you down guys..

I can't wait to smell this one out.

I dunno...these new bottles definitely look like the products of a fragrance fan's artistic imagination. I think the bottle designs are fake and the concepts are in doubt. The designs just don't look legitimate. Not meaning to cast aspersions or criticize any one in particular...I just don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW
    I dunno...these new bottles definitely look like the products of a fragrance fan's artistic imagination. I think the bottle designs are fake and the concepts are in doubt. The designs just don't look legitimate. Not meaning to cast aspersions or criticize any one in particular...I just don't buy it.
    I don't see what you are getting at...

Do you mean that you think this fragrance doesn't actually exist? What makes you think that? Wasn't this info originally released from P&G? If you are referring to the one image posted on this thread, I believe that poster said that he created that image from the original because the actual image is still under copyright.
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 12th December 2006 at 05:14 PM.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

Smile Re: New: Gucci pour Homme II

I am looking forward for this one! I already have Gucci PH and I LOVE IT! The Gucci PH II is 4 times stronger than PH?! Wow......