Code of Conduct

Default SotD Thursday 7 December

Heure Exquise for me today.

Have a great day!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Thursday 7 December

DH got a yummie woodsy scent for his birthday (how thoughtful of me) and invited me to use it whenever I want. He likes to live dangerous, it seems
    So today: Sandalwood Vert EDP from Fresh. This is delicious!

Notes from OzMoz:

Top notes: Juniper Berries, Artemisia, Bergamot, Verbena
    Middle notes: Indian Sandalwood, Green Leaves, Cypress Wood
    Base notes: Oak Moss, Rosewood, Amber
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

curious by recently divorced no panties britney spears.

i love magnolias.
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel

Riannon, belated congrats with your DH!

I wear CdG 2 today, I'll see lots of people today, so nothing too heavy.

And what did I find rolling about in the closet but Aroma M Geisha Noire AND Sage Onyx, so I am wearing both. And my fingers smell of Bois et Fruits.

Going Xmas shopping today to a large and crowded mall with two deparment stores, one Sephora, one BBW flagship, and a L'Occitane. Fortunately, there are no perfumes I personally want there, but I am going to revisit a few things and try to track down that new Jo Malone agave. It is the holiday makeup palettes that have me worried: All that sparkle, all that shine!

Started off with L'Artisan's Mimosa Por Moi this morning, but it is too pale and faded quickly.

Had a great chat with HackerX and discussed how much we enjoyed Platinum Egoiste by Chanel. The discussion was so phenomenal that I feel deprived for not having an indulgence at the Chanel counter at lunch time. I think I am in love with myself. Ha Ha Ha.

I'm going to wear Farnesiana parfum today.

Wearing Van Cleef et Arpels' Hiver

Welcome, Alpenkatze! Please enjoy your stay here and hide your credit card: you will be surprised how many enablers you will meet.

Wearing Serge Lutens Miel de Bois from a sample that a wonderful Basenotes friend sent here.

Welcome, Alpenkatze!

I´m wearing Kenzo Amour today. Like it very much! Notes of cherries, incense and a hint of vanilla.

I'm wearing Shalimar today Really feels right today!

Talking Re: SotD Thursday 7 December

Wearing my sample of Gris Clair that I got from Aedes.
    Sillage is not as strong as I thought it would be, but I can feel it warming up.
    My BF came up the steps just now, however , and told me that he could taste my sillage in his mouth from halfway up the steps. uh oh. Does this mean that my ofactory nerves have been blown out? I don't care, I like this Gris Clair. It makes me feel "snoogly."
    I think I smell some incense in this one. I seem to be really into incense lately. Catholic childhood come to haunt me.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Chanel No. 19. I've been craving it lately, but I only let myself wear it every once in a while.

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

Christian Dior - Dior Homme

Have to go to a business conference today so decided to tone things down so I wouldn't be in danger of offending anyone. But then something in me said "blend!" because I wanted to try something new. So I did Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose, just a light spritz, followed by Yves Rocher Cocoon. At first I thought they cancelled each other out, then sour, but now they seem to be merging, with the Tea Rose coming out in the lead, despite the lighter application. However, the sillage of both has been way reduced by the blend.

In other news, got decants of No. 88 and Black Orchid today. Wooooweee!

Welcome to Alpine Kitty! (Have I got that right? Or is Alpenkatze a kind of animal with which I am not familiar?) Anyway - WELCOME!! :bounce:

Patchouli Day for me (thanks to Paisley) Lorenzo Villoresi on the left arm/neck/booby - L'Orientaliste on the right.

Lorenzo starts out slightly celeriac and woody - L'Orientalist more sweetly sandalwood and a hint of - lavender?

Will report.

(Coco - destroyed to hear Mimosa Pour Moi faded on you! Lasted all day on dry skin me and I would think it would be a fave for you! Dommage!)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

VANISIA by CREED

Vetiver - Guerlain
    Wishlist is pointless.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Welcome, Alpenkatze!

Suddenly feel the need for departure from the sweet florals I've been engrossed in lately. Feminite du Bois today. Mmmmmm.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I've made today a Flowerbomb day, all that talk about it and the extreme version wetted my appetite for it.

Top notes: Tea, Bergamot
    Middle notes: Sambac Jasmine, Cattleya Orchid, Freesia, Centifolia Rose
    Base notes: Musks, Patchouli

DH is wearing Armani Code.

Top notes: Lemon, Bergamot
    Middle notes: Orange Tree Blossom, Olive Flower, Aromatic Mediterranean Notes, and Anisated
    Base notes: Tonka Bean, Mild tobacco, Guaiac Wood
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady
    (Coco - destroyed to hear Mimosa Pour Moi faded on you! Lasted all day on dry skin me and I would think it would be a fave for you! Dommage!)
    Taolady, most of the L'Artisan's juices evaporate on me very quickly except for Dzing and Vanilla. I think I am more suited to the stronger oriental scents. They last longer but my sillage could scared the people off the train

Burberry for Women

(which used to be Burberry London - but now there's a different London and this one is just Burberry). It's a beautiful fragrance regardless of the confusion. I don't understand the lack of creativity in coming up with names for fragrances though!

Clair de Musc by Serge Lutens

Iris Silver Mist! I have been craving this; it's quite possible an HG. I just feel so at home in it. Can't wait for my decant to arrive so that I can stop hoarding my teeny-tiny sample.
    Welcome to Alpenkatze!
    Have a great day tout le monde!

:wave: Initially it was Burberry - but I've showered and changed my mind, inspired by an earlier thread...so now it's

Cabotine!

It looks like it's going to be a sunny day and Cabotine is perfectly suited for sunshine.

Down to my last drop of Jour de fête... This is a soothing one for bedtime. I will miss it.

Goutal's Petit Cherie - was a gift with purchase. Wasn't expecting to like this as much as I do... its a bit like Escape, except not gross!:-D (no offense to Escape fans...)

Prada bodylotion for the day.

In the evening i just had to put on Le Baiser du Dragon EdP. I longed for it all day! I believe there is a bodylotion to it. Anybody tried it?

After sauna Aquolina Zucchero a Velo lotion and Pink Sugar for sweet dreams!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

L'Instant de Guerlain
    ~*Christy*~

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut
    Taolady, most of the L'Artisan's juices evaporate on me very quickly except for Dzing and Vanilla. I think I am more suited to the stronger oriental scents. They last longer but my sillage could scare the people off the train
    This is so weird because although I adore one of your faves - Antonia's Flowers - it lasts like four minutes on me!!

When I complained of short scent lived-ness ()to Ayala, she suggested I invest in Jojoba oil for a body moisturizer to underlay frags and improve longevity. Which I did. And it does!!

But you probably already know that! :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I'm wearing Ambre Sultan today. I was in the mood for some kick-ass amber and this is my most kicking.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Oh, good ol' Hypnotic Poison for me today, but just the body lotion so far.

I'm afraid to go to the mall. I'm dying to see all the gift sets, but I know I don't need a thing.

Today I wore La Pluie by Bourbon French Perfumes, a lily of the valley, china rain type scent. It's very pleasant and fresh. My husband liked it, too.

This evening, I'm wearing a dab of rose otto. It's aroma-therapeutic.

Tabac Blond for me today. Welcome Alpenkatze!

I got my decants from supermarky today and at about 5pm, I sampled No. 88. Just one dab, rubbed wrists together, and all I can say is DIVINE!
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady
    This is so weird because although I adore one of your faves - Antonia's Flowers - it lasts like four minutes on me!!

When I complained of short scent lived-ness ()to Ayala, she suggested I invest in Jojoba oil for a body moisturizer to underlay frags and improve longevity. Which I did. And it does!!

But you probably already know that! :bounce:

Many thanks to your suggestion, I never thought about that. I think I should hurry and get a bottle of jojoba oil and start using it as a base before I apply the scent.

Sampled:

L'Instant - quite nice. Very feminine
    Trouble - warm and stays close to the skin
    L by Lolita Lempicka - liked it at first, but I'm getting a tobacco note???

Purple Label
    Gary

Just a post script on my day with Gris Clair today. It was just wonderful. The sillage was perfect, the scent was deep and warm and soothing. Favorable responses from co workers. This is a scent that grows on you. I see a full bottle in my future.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache