Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Burberry LONDON - The modern day POLO ??

I finally was able to try out Burberry LONDON the other day at Macy's. The SA was more than willing to give me a few samples as well. I immediately liked it, but it reminded me of something that I couldn't put my finger on at the time. I am wearing it today and it just hit me out of the blue...it is reminicent of the classic RL Polo. I havent read any posts that have mentioned this similarity so It could be due to my sample, my body chemistry or just my untrained nose. Nonetheless, I do like it and it will certainly be under the tree on Christmas morning !! (I'd buy it today, but the wife has to get me something, doesn't she ...?)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Burberry LONDON - The modern day POLO ??

Although I don't really find any resemblence to polo, I do think that it is an instant classic. Why did it take so long to come up with this?

Some find that it doesn't last long, as did I when I first got it. However, now it seems to last quite a while. I don't know what changed.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

I own both and don't really see any similarities. With Polo, you really get the (pine?/juniper?) at the beginning and, to me, this characterizes the scent through the entire drydown.

They certainly are both good IMO. Polo always smells like Christmas to me, and I usually wear it around the holidays as a signature scent.

For what it's worth, I think Polo is more of a classic scent, but I like London better simply for versatility and daily wear.

*edit* OK, I agree with Scentonic that London is a classic scent. Although, to my uneducated nose, it is a watered down D&G PH with some extra notes. I really like London, really WANT to like London, and will wear it often in the cooler months, even to work maybe, but it will NEVER evoke the memories I associate with Polo - just too much history there I suppose...
    Last edited by Scentsibility; 9th December 2006 at 05:44 AM.
    “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”

~ Robert Brault

Is this the one that comes in the red/grey/black tartan bottle?

Post Thanks / Like

I got a sort of spicy apple / cider vibe from it. Pleasant enough, but I gave my bottle away to a friend because on me it only seemed to last about half an hour before fading out to virtually nothing. I'm afraid I'm not a fan of this frag, it seems too weak.
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fakepurseninja
    Is this the one that comes in the red/grey/black tartan bottle?
    It's a Burberry check cloth wrapping around a bottle, a bit clumsy. I much prefer the bottle design of Brit.
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by GenuineImitationLife
    It's a Burberry check cloth wrapping around a bottle, a bit clumsy. I much prefer the bottle design of Brit.
    Okay. It is a bit confusing to see the same frag (by the name, anyway) in an entirely different packaging. I think I like both the Brit packaging and this one. The only bad thing about this cloth may be that it may get dirty and come off, though it doesn't have to.

To the scent. I think it's not that bad a fragrance. Cherry juice mixed with woods and tea. Or cherry tea mixed with woods and something sweet. It seems to me like a less complex, less oriental/spicy and maybe more modern take on Opium, even though the two are not exactly similar. I read somewhere that this is close to Tea for Two, is that true?

Anyway, I am fixed with wintery fragrances for now, but will keep this in the back of my head. If anyone knows similar but better/stronger/woodsier alternatives I would like to hear them.