Code of Conduct

Question Luckyscent samples

Yesterday i ordered the following samples from Luckyscent.

Heeley ~ Cardinal
    Profumum ~ Fumidus
    Profumum ~ Santalum
    Montale ~ Blue Amber
    Parfumerie Generale ~ Brulure de Rose

I have ordered several bottles in the past and most times i am very lucky if the requested samples are full. Most times they are just over half or half full.

My question is, does anyone know if when you buy (which is highway robbery IMO) the samples from LS, are they filled to the top?*

Thank in advance.

Jeff

*If there not, they are going to receive a nasty e-mail!

Default Re: Luckyscent samples

they do state on the website that samples of certain frags will only be half-full (primarilly oils, i believe, like stuff from Yosh, etc). Can't speak for any other sampes, but have the ones that disappointed you been for really expensive frags? Were they factory or hand-sampled?

I agree with your sentiment that samples are over priced - they should at least credit you back on future purchases. Though I also know that it can be a pain to draw a sample if you don't have premade ones at hand...
    baald

Buy my extra scents - mainly niche - over 50 items (tiny bottles)

I was contemplating getting a L'Artisan sample pack from luckyscent and saw it was going to cost me about $15 without shipping costs. Then I found beautycafe.com where, for $5, I could get five full samples! Beautycafe.com gets my vote.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Quote Originally Posted by baald
    they do state on the website that samples of certain frags will only be half-full (primarilly oils, i believe, like stuff from Yosh, etc). Can't speak for any other sampes, but have the ones that disappointed you been for really expensive frags? Were they factory or hand-sampled?

I agree with your sentiment that samples are over priced - they should at least credit you back on future purchases. Though I also know that it can be a pain to draw a sample if you don't have premade ones at hand...
    They were everything from medium priced CdG's to high priced Profumum and PG fragrances. No oils. As far as i know (unlike Aedes) they are always 1/32 oz. sample vials.

Frankly, IMO, it does not matter what the price of the fragrance is. If i pay $4 for tiny sample of a Profumum scent, i expect it to be full!

Aedes almost always fills theirs up. Plus you get 7 for $15 and somtimes they through in extras. Not to mention, the Montale Oud 3.4 oz. bottles cost more than the Profumum scents. I wish Aedes carried all of the same lines LS carries.

I've happily ordered samples from Luckyscent are can verify that that ones I received were full, regardless of the juice therein.

hey - just a plug for a great BN member, since Montale was mentioned:
    If you want a great deal on the Montal Ouds, contact vijay (maisonstinky). Pretty sure he gives discounts to BN members. i believe it's suravi.com
    baald

Buy my extra scents - mainly niche - over 50 items (tiny bottles)

Quote Originally Posted by baald
    hey - just a plug for a great BN member, since Montale was mentioned:
    If you want a great deal on the Montal Ouds, contact vijay (maisonstinky). Pretty sure he gives discounts to BN members. i believe it's suravi.com
    Close. It's actually www.suravionline.com
    I second the Vijay recommendation though, he's the man.

Thumbs up Re: Luckyscent samples

Hey,
    vijay (maisonstinky) does give a great deal to Basenoters on Montale fragrances and generous samples.

i will never again order samples from luckyscent--paid $32 for a complete profumum pack and NONE were full---i agree...i want FULL VIALS!
    made enough money to buy miami but i pissed it away so fast (jimmy buffett) on perfume (my daughter's addition)

Just a little heads up.

I constantly order from Luckyscent both samples, and fragrances.

I've ordered a couple such as Parfum D'Empire, and L'Artisan samples at about $3 a piece. No problem with that. But I see a little loophole they're doing. When I order a full bottle of any fragrances, they usually throw in sample scents (some worth about $3 - $4). Some samples I received are the real Parfum D'Empire & L'Artisan samples which are labeled as, "sample - not for sale" (not the bottled up Luckyscent samples).

I just find that a little bit odd, and sneaky on their behalf. Plus, I've been ordering a host of samples (and pricey fragrances) for many months now, and they could at least give me some kind of small discount.

I deal with Luckyscent regularly for samples and full bottle purchases. I like their fast turnaround, usually ships same day and arrives 2 days later. I can place an order with The Perfumed Court on the same day and samples don't even ship for 4-5 days after receiving an order. Luckscent is extremely generous with free samples on full bottle purchase order. Simply put - Luckyscent is run by professionals with the best customer service in the business.

Fumidus - be careful - spray lightly - and if you like it, but find it unwearable like I did, then get a sample of Black Toumaline by Oliver Durbano - a more sophisticated Fumidus.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakerloo Line View Post
    I've happily ordered samples from Luckyscent are can verify that that ones I received were full, regardless of the juice therein.

Me too. Everything full to the top on every sample order.
    It's discouraging to read this. I'm am hesitant to place another large sample order at this point.

True that TPC sends full samples... in after a week or two. I do not mind if their sample is 90% full. If you can find a better deal, then go ahead... I do not see the point of complaining.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    My question is, does anyone know if when you buy (which is highway robbery IMO) the samples from LS, are they filled to the top?
    Out of the 20+ samples I have gotten from them only 1 has been half filled. And that was a Yosh fragrance. (so I can understand that)

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryD View Post
    Just a little heads up.

I constantly order from Luckyscent both samples, and fragrances.

I've ordered a couple such as Parfum D'Empire, and L'Artisan samples at about $3 a piece. No problem with that. But I see a little loophole they're doing. When I order a full bottle of any fragrances, they usually throw in sample scents (some worth about $3 - $4). Some samples I received are the real Parfum D'Empire & L'Artisan samples which are labeled as, "sample - not for sale" (not the bottled up Luckyscent samples).

I just find that a little bit odd, and sneaky on their behalf. Plus, I've been ordering a host of samples (and pricey fragrances) for many months now, and they could at least give me some kind of small discount.
    As a person that had a retail perfume B&M store, I want you to know that those samples that are marked
    "Not for Sale" are not always free. Distributors charge for that. As far as making samples , that costs money also, the vials, the padded envelopes, the time making them etc etc. Sometimes these sample vials are decanted from the bottle that was ordered for sale, granted that only the wholesale price is the cost for this. Sometimes these vials are made from tester bottles that are free with your first order, but then there is a charge if you run out of the juice and order more.

Just wanted everybody to keep that in mind , not trying to defend anybody or offend anybody .
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

For samples, I turn first to Aedes before I look anywhere else. 7 samples of pretty much anything they have in stock for $15, S&H included. I've ordered almost 30 samples from them, and never had a problem with shipping or with the amount in the vials. I just wish they carried some of the stuff that LS have.
    Last edited by heythatslife; 11th May 2008 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maisonstinky View Post
    As a person that had a retail perfume B&M store, I want you to know that those samples that are marked
    "Not for Sale" are not always free. Distributors charge for that. As far as making samples , that costs money also, the vials, the padded envelopes, the time making them etc etc. Sometimes these sample vials are decanted from the bottle that was ordered for sale, granted that only the wholesale price is the cost for this. Sometimes these vials are made from tester bottles that are free with your first order, but then there is a charge if you run out of the juice and order more.

Just wanted everybody to keep that in mind , not trying to defend anybody or offend anybody .
    Ahh. That pretty much makes sense then. Thanks for the clarification. :-)