Code of Conduct

Default Cold Weather Fragrances

So, the chill is finally upon us... and I'm finding myself longing for something deep and spicy and warm, to carry me through the cold. Lucky me, Parfum Sacre is great for cold weather. I actually find that most of the Carons I've tried are at their best in the cold... I can't think of Aimez Moi without thinking of how sweetly romantic it is when I'm walking through the autumnal chill with my love, and the smoke and civet I originally found off-putting in Narcisse Noir were hypnotic when I went out Christmas shopping in freezing weather.

So, what about you? What fragrances do you find are at their best when the thermometer drops?

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

Default Re: Cold Weather Fragrances

Well I'm brand new here and diving headlong into each new smell and it just turned cold on the Carolina Beaches and today I have three answers for everything!: Arabie; Cuir Mauresque and Le Baisir de Dragon

Hope this helps! :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Yes, Baiser is a wonderful cold-weather scent, even though it itself has some cool touches to it (I find vetiver cool). I go even warmer with opoponax scents and even something like Jicky.

Do not care for heavy, brown orientals, although these would certainly fit into this category.

Smile Re: Cold Weather Fragrances

In addition to those already mentioned, I'd like to add Lolita Lempika and Omnia. The Kiss of the Dragon, I'll wear in any weather because like Paisley mentioned, it does have some cool touches to it.

I really LOVE Angel in cool weather. I've just started wearing it again and love how it wraps around me and comforts me.

My other favorites for cool weather are:
    Samsara, Initial, Mauboussin, Trouble,
    Euphoria, Allure Sensuelle, Gucci Eau de Parfum,
    Présence d'Une Femme, Flowerbomb
    all of them are far better in cool weather for me as opposed to in the heat of the summer.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

One of the few thing I enjoy with living in Scandinavia is that we are blessed with cold weather for almost six months a year. That means I can wear my beloved cold-weather-fragrances often! My current favorites are Les Nereides Imperial Opoponax, Vivienne Westwood Anglomania, Creed Angélique Encens and Shiseido Féminité de Bois.

Smile Re: Cold Weather Fragrances

I'm new here, but I love many of the scents listed. A few cold weather scents I wear are Aqaba, Cristobal, SL Ambre Sultan, Anne Pliska, Fragonard's Reve Indien...just to name a few!!

Just bought Youth Dew Amber Nude and it has a wonderful "mince pie" top note
    on me -ginger, raisins, and ... orange juicy??? Wouldn't use this one when the temp is above 50F.

In this part of the world, winter temperature here rarely falls below 10 degrees celsius (50 Fahrenheit). Thanks to global warming, we are still in the 20s bracket. I'd wish we have cooler temperature so that I can wear something more flamboyant more often i.e. Gucci EdP, Angel, Opium, Hypnotic Poison, Nanadebary Bronze, Bandit... (These are the ones I would wear in winter)

Rich, warm Orientals and Gourmands:
    Angel, Ambre Sultan, Arabie, Borneo 1834, Burnt Sugar, Chêne, Chergui, Coco, Dinner by Bobo, Fumerie Turque, Impérial Opoponax, L'Heure Bleue, Loukhoum, Luctor et Emergo, Mauboussin, Nuit de Noël, Sables, Shalimar, Spicy Cocoa, Sublime, Tea for Two, Un Bois Vanille, Vol de Nuit, Wood Coffee...
    Last edited by tigrushka; 10th December 2006 at 09:51 AM.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I don't usually like FdBois in the summer but in winter it's just perfect. I like Cocoon for spraying on the bedsheets on a snowy night, too. SL Chergui is good in winter but I'm in the minority, I love it on a hot sunny day, too.

I see you have Burberry Brit in your wardrobe, this is one of my favourites for winter.

You also have SJP Lovely in your wardrobe, djuna. It is another one not yet mentioned who is working very well in cold weather, IMO.

Hello..
    I'm Baby, I just now registered here, but I have Red Door, Shalimar, Opium that I love to wear around Christmas and when it's cold

I tend to favour spicy and warm scents...just right for colder weather Some of my winther favourites are Trouble,Le Baiser du dragon,Coco,Shalimar and Opium fleur imperiale(even though it's a summer edition)

Blog Entries

Hi Baby, welcome.

I remember wearing Opium around the holidays

I think Habanita is a great cold weather scent - it is a bit too strong on me when the heat makes it ripen, but for chilly days and nights it seems to stay closer to the skin and radiate warmth.
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

Le BAISER BAISER BAISER du Dragon, Coco, Farnesiana, Immortelle l'Amour :bounce:
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Of the ones I own, I like to wear Angel, Samsara, Coco Mademoiselle and Mitsouko in cold weather only.

Cold weather scents?
    I love:

Bal a Versailles
    Opium
    Mitsouko
    Le Heure Bleue
    Shalimar
    Cristobal (parfum)
    Burberry Brit
    Sublime
    Samsara
    Narcisse Noir
    Parfum Sacre
    Chergui
    Youth Dew (and Amber Nude)
    Hypnotic Poison
    Oscar de Renta (parfum)
    AL's Midnight Violet
    Black Cashmere
    Le Baiser du Dragon

Although these are probably best worn in the fall and winter, I do wear most of them all-year round, or when the mood suits!
    Last edited by spicegirl; 24th November 2007 at 04:09 PM. Reason: mistake
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Djuna i've already started a topic on this subject today (Freezing cold weather scents)

I forgot to add Jasmin Full to my list! Yum!
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    Djuna i've already started a topic on this subject today (Freezing cold weather scents)
    Djuna's thread was started December 9, 2006 kewart.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon