Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Buy Sira des Indes unsniffed?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 38.46%
  • No

8 61.54%

Default Should Tovah buy Sira des Indes unsniffed?

I'm so tempted. What's it similar to? I'm craving a sexy gourmand.

Default Re: Should Tovah buy Sira des Indes unsniffed?

I vote YES!! It will make me feel better about ordering Cuir De Russie unsniffed so PLEASE do ! C'mon, do it for the Tinker!

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424
    I vote YES!! It will make me feel better about ordering Cuir De Russie unsniffed so PLEASE do ! C'mon, do it for the Tinker!
    Oh I LOOOOOVVVVVEEE Cuir de Russie! You can't go wrong with Ernest Beaux (in my humble opinion ). I'm so excited for you!

Yes, but with a couple of caveats.

This is my favorite purchase of 2006, and I am happy to be complicit in your adventure. However, you must like musk. Really like musk. Not safe little soapy white musk, or musk that makes you feel like you've been inlaid in the heart of a iris, or musk that reminds you of your freshman year in high school.

Sira is plumped with a very distinctive animalic musk. It isn't as feral as MKK (what is?), but the note makes a very strong point a minute into the application.

You must also like an amalgam of pear and banana. These are also represented in the top, with their tendency to noticeable sweetness. They seem synthetic and, while not overpowering, are also a distinctive feature of this scent.

The fragrance itself is roseate and even has, beneath the ripe fruit, a slight sharpness from bergamot that keeps it from becoming muddled and ill-defined. The rose is not treated to additional sweet influences along the way so the scent doesn't devolve in BBW territory, at least as far as I am concerned, but the top skirts close.

It's a skin scent. The lasting power is not terrific, not in a form where you are reminded of it until you take it off. It rides very close to the body and probably lasts about four hours (I can still detect it then, but it is one of those things you have to work to accomplish).

If you are a fan of the elegant, restrained earlier Patous, you might find this one to pander too obviously to current trends in perfumery, and might find the fruits coy. I happen to like the thing as a whole, with the musk being the main reason.

No, absolutely not. No blind buys. Ever!

And remember, this comes from The (former) Queen of Blind Buys.
    (well, princess. I guess tink´s the QOBB )
    Last edited by musse; 10th December 2006 at 09:18 AM.

Absolutely! And I voted yes - right now, with four voting, it's fifty fifty!!!

If you don't like it you can send it on to moi!

"The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I'm chanting with musse on this one, "No blind buys, no blind buys ..."
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

No blind full bottle buys - buy a sample or decant first. If you're still loving it and craving it after your sample is finished, THEN you can buy a full bottle.

--Auntie Sherrie

No, no, no, don´t buy a whole bottle unsniffed, sample first! That is what I have voted for!

Ohh, I'd go for it myself, so it would only be SUPER hypocritical if I were to say no. Thus, you see, I just have to say YES!

Go for it and enjoy!
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Yes! I don't own Sira des Indes but I intend to. I just sprayed some on one day at the mall because I was bored with everything else. I had no expectations because I had done no research. I was very pleasantly surprised ...I love it. I say go for it, it's only money!

Quote Originally Posted by sherrie11
    No blind full bottle buys - buy a sample or decant first. If you're still loving it and craving it after your sample is finished, THEN you can buy a full bottle.

--Auntie Sherrie
    Exactly. If you still love it after you finished the samole.. go for it

Okay. I'm waiting on the Sira des Indes, but I had an urge to cave so I bought Sublime instead. It was less than half the price of Indes, too.

Ah well, Sublime is wonderful.