Code of Conduct

Question ^ Creed Green Valley: Silver Mountain Water (SMW) done right ? ^

I dont have a SMW sample on hand to compare it directly, but after wearing Green Valley a couple of times, it seems that Green Valley is what SMW was supposed to be in the first place (atleast from my point of view).

I recall trying SMW for the first few times and thinking "smells nice, but if only the sweet blackcurrant were tempered by a mossy, citrus or mint note". Well, Green Valley smells like those thoughts of mine - it has a blackcurrant note which is definitely noticeable in the composition, but its opening note of fresh mint alongwith violet leaves in the middle notes lend it a "SMW refined" aura to me. Infact for a little while during its evolution phase, when the violet leaves are making their presence felt, it does smell a bit like Green Irish Tweed...its still very much its own fragrance though. At times it smells like an illegitimate bastard child of GIT and SMW conceived in lush green valleys. Green Valley evolves a lot too.

Oh, and I definitely dont agree with the comparisons made to Fahrenheit in the reviews directory - they smell nothing alike!

I then compared it to Himalaya ...nopes, different scents. But that blast of grapefruit and cedar in Himalaya - it just reminds me why I consider it superior to SMW, Green Valley, etc

Thanks to Scentronic for introducing me to this scent !
    Last edited by zztopp; 10th December 2006 at 05:03 AM.
    -

Default Re: ^ Creed Green Valley: Silver Mountain Water (SMW) done right ? ^

Thanks for the shout-out!

Green Valley is the scent that opened the door to Creed for me. As soon as I smelled it, I knew it would be a lifelong neccessity.

I don't get the Fahrenheit comparison at all either. It may be closer to SMW than Fahrenheit, but I think it is even more akin to the GIT "area". All I can seem to focus on in SMW is the strange metallic alien fruit smell.

GV is a breath of fresh, "green valley" air, with citrus, powder, CANDY!!!, and a whole slew of other things that I don't even care to put a name on. It's just beautiful.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Dependent

there's also a nice 1000 ml or is that a litre?, of Green Valley Millesimie.

wait... according to this UK website all the Millesimies come in 1000 ml (liter?)

http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/sit...ime_fragrances

looking at my supposedly older bottle of GIT it doesn't say millesimie on the bottle.

it does say it on the box. sorry for the off topic BS

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic

GV is a breath of fresh, "green valley" air, with citrus, powder, CANDY!!!, and a whole slew of other things that I don't even care to put a name on. It's just beautiful.
    That candy you speak of is the blackcurrant note.

On my skin, blackcurrant dominates the violet leaves note...but when sprayed on clothes, its the violet leaves note which is more prominent.
    -