Code of Conduct

Default SotD Sunday 10 December

My yearly ANGEL season has started, so that's what I'm wearing today, too.

Have a superb Sunday, everyone!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Sunday 10 December

20 degrees, sunny and dry.
    Rosey day for me, I put on Jurlique's Pure Rose Body Oil as a base and had 10 spritzes of Stella's Sheer. Sniff Sniff... I think I smell like a moist Crabtree & Evelyn's drawer liner, he he he.
    I went out last night with A la Nuit, it doesn't have a heavy sillage, but I enjoyed it very much, it will go onto my target list. (no resentment even though my wallet is heavily bleeding)

I need the restful, soapy vacation of Fire Island today.

Samsara for today.

I wasn´t really pleased with it the last time I wore it, so I must give it another try!
    Last edited by Margareta; 10th December 2006 at 08:43 AM.

Today, especially for BrothaG to make his mouth water, one of the best Lutens' ever: Cuir Mauresque.

Notes (thanks to the notepad of wonderful Bela on MUA):

Amber, Myrrh, Burnt Styrax, Incense, Cinnamon, Aloe wood, Cedar, Civet, Nutmeg, Clove, Cumin, Musk, Mandarin peel, Orange blossom (and I believe they added a few drops of Paradise )
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

I´wearing Vanille Givrée des Antilles over Vanille Sauvage de Madagascar body lotion. I enjoy being inside a vanilla cloud for a Sunday at home, just watching some sports on telly, and stay lazy.

Today is the day for my new Fumerie Turque. I feel comfortable wearing it, it develops nicely on my skin.

DH is getting interested too, which resulted in loosing my new bottle of Chergui to him. It smells so good on him.

Tar by CdG for tonight
    Wishlist is pointless.

Exclamation Re: SotD Sunday 10 December

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon
    Today, especially for BrothaG to make his mouth water, one of the best Lutens' ever: Cuir Mauresque.

Notes (thanks to the notepad of wonderful Bela on MUA):

Amber, Myrrh, Burnt Styrax, Incense, Cinnamon, Aloe wood, Cedar, Civet, Nutmeg, Clove, Cumin, Musk, Mandarin peel, Orange blossom (and I believe they added a few drops of Paradise )
    To HELL with BrothaG (no offense) ....I was perfectly happy with the generous splash of Daim Blond sample from Riannon I had selected when I came down to read this. She's right (in my book) Moorish Leather is awesome!

And I've used up all my CM sample (also from R)...and ....and....sob.

(P.S. For all you having trouble with longevity? Ayala's trick with the Jojoba Oil really works!. http://www.jojobaking.com is a good source.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I first wore Bois d'iris to work ,now after a shower I put on some Nu edp.

It will be Angel Innocent for me today.

Today I'm wearing Black Cashmere: I neglected it lately and it greeted me with a big boozy head note
    Taolady, Cuir Mauresque is on my Lutens "want want want" list, too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Wearing Dzing! today.

Yesterday we had a rare day away from the house, starting with donating at the blood center where I was tortured with a needle until firey pain shot down my arm. Ended up not donating (although DH did). Today my inner arm is dotted and streaked and blotched with purple. No spraying of perfume there!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady
    (P.S. For all you having trouble with longevity? Ayala's trick with the Jojoba Oil really works!. http://www.jojobaking.com is a good source.
    Thanks, Tadolay! I found Jojoba Oil at the health food shop today! It was a massageoil, with good quality. So now I will also try. Jojobaoil doas not smell at all, so I do think this will work.

Poor Quarry! It can really hurt with a purple arm like yours! Hope you will be able to put on perfume tomorrow again!

I also found a christmasbox with Omnia at the perfumery, at really good price, and with both the EdP and the bodylotion. I have considerd this one for a couple of months, and now was the time to get it. So for the eve I am wearing Omnia by Bulgari...
    Last edited by Margareta; 10th December 2006 at 03:11 PM.

Dior Homme for me today!
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Smile Re: SotD Sunday 10 December

Good Morning

Le Baiser Du Dragon for me.

I'm wearing L'Heure Bleue today. I was right in suspecting that it would be more "me" than many of the classic Guerlains I've tried, with the powder, rose, and violet. It smells faintly similar to Insolence, but, for some reason, it's even more similar to Parfum Sacre. Why should this be? I know my skin eats spices, but I've never heard anyone say that these scents had even a little bit in common.

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

I wore Fleurs d"oranger out to breakfast with my daughter (her b-day is tomorrow and she wanted Mommy time) and then we went bra shopping at Victoria Secret where I sampled Heavenly ... I really liked it and keep sniffing my wrist. I used to wear Halo which is more musk, Heavenly is more white flower.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm wearing vintage Shalimar parfum today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Nothing but cigarette smoke hair perfume and bad breath. What goes with an eggnog and brandy hangover? Something fresh. Someone mentioned Fleurs d'Oranger. That seems appealing.

Oh my head.

Pour Une Femme by Caron. I wish I bought the largest size of this!!!

I'm going Christmas tree shopping later today -- for some reason, that made we want to wear Shalimar (parfum,alas, not vintage). I could swear it has balsam.

I badly wanted to wear the Mona di Orio: Carnation, that I bought yesterday. Or.. that I THOUGHT I bought yesterday, But when I came home, i discovered that they gave me Lux instead.. bummer. Even though I like that one too,, it is NOT what I wanted. I tried to get an exchange today but the shop had closed. So I hope I will be able to exchange in Friday, between trains :-/. Instead I wore my, also newly acquired, Ambre Passion. Love that one too, but I was in the mood for Carnation

V.I.P. Room - Signature

I wore Ormonde Jayne Orris Noir today.

Trouble for me today!
    ~*Christy*~

I'm wearing Deep Night

DH is wearing Balman
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Polo Black
    Gary

I have worn my last drop of Jour de Fete to bed. I am going to miss it as it does have a calming effect to me and it is no intrusive. I don't think it is available in HK.

Angel

Poor Quarry! You made me feel glad I'm a Mad Cow (someone who's lived in England and therefore can't donate blood anymore).
    I'm re-trying Lolita Lempicka's L today. I hated it at first, but I keep going back to it, it's like a lovely little candy store....