Code of Conduct
    Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Sisters, Cousins & Aunts--relative similarity in tastes?

Pellen's question about Opium reminds me how surprised I was to hear my cousin swoon at the mention of this fragrance. Observing female family members (I'm an only child), I have wondered whether the cousins who are German/French might appreciate a different range of perfumes than I, German/English.

Have such thoughts crossed your minds? Have you noticed fragrance tastes to run along family lines?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: Sisters, Cousins & Aunts--relative similarity in tastes?

Hmmm. My mother and I like woody fragrances. My sister gets headaches from all but the most light perfumes. My aunt on my father's side liked gardenia and tropical flowers. My grandmother on my father's side liked almond. It's all over the board, I'm afraid.

Smile Re: Sisters, Cousins & Aunts--relative similarity in tastes?

My mother loved Youth Dew, sister loves ET's Passion, me woody orientals, almond, Gourmands and tropical. Grandmother, Here's my Heart, Avon. The rest, soft florals.

I love orientals,florientals and sometimes woody scents. My mom tend to like white florals and florientals , my sister of 22 yrs old likes fruity, light scents+ aquatic scents and my other sis ,only 14 likes fruity, "young" scents.My aunt tend to like classics, but not too heavy. So a certain tendency here I guess. Both my mom and I have worn/wear f.ex Classique JPG and Pleasures Estee Lauder.

The only other female in my family who wears fragrance is a cousin who likes fruity/ambery florals. Her most recent purchase was BBW's new amber scent that smelled like Flowerbomb. Sent her a bottle of Escada Magnetism, which she loved. She also likes Ferragamo F and Alfred Sung.

There is no similarity here, unless you consider that I occasionally wear Flowerbomb and Flowerbomb is similar to the BBW.

I have more in common with friends! In fact, I have a friend who dislikes absolutely mirror mine. We apparently are the only two on the planet who really dislike BBW Sandalwood Rose.

One thing I do see happening, is that I crave some of the scents my relatives wear/wore, which I must associate with the love I have/had for them. So, maybe it works that way...