Code of Conduct

Default Help Me With Cuir De Russie

I received my bottle yesterday & I know I have a cold BUT when I have it on I'm getting whiffs of Farnesiana edp! Mimosa or something soft & powdery tinged with leather keeps wafting up...I bought it from Gloss so I don't think I was given a bad bottle.
    This was an UNSNIFFED ( I know! I know! ) buy so maybe this is what it's supposed to smell like. Can someone give me their impressions of it?

Default Re: Help Me With Cuir De Russie

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424
    I received my bottle yesterday & I know I have a cold BUT when I have it on I'm getting whiffs of Farnesiana edp! Mimosa or something soft & powdery tinged with leather keeps wafting up...I bought it from Gloss so I don't think I was given a bad bottle.
    This was an UNSNIFFED ( I know! I know! ) buy so maybe this is what it's supposed to smell like. Can someone give me their impressions of it?
    Which one, Creed?

No, it's Chanel Cuir De Russie

Post Thanks / Like

Very soft smooth leather with some clary sage and flowers.

Farnesiana I get heliotrope.
    DONNA

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

For me, Chanel Cuir de Russie is a classic powdery aldehydic white floral with a distinct smooth animalic clean leather heart and smooth white musk / white wood base.

This may sound perfect but sadly for me the Chanel 'curse' bites and I find I cannot love this. For me, the aldehydes that ruin No.5 EDP also ruin this beauty, infusing the heart notes with a 'fatty, tallowy' texture that encourages a faint sense of nausea each time I wear it. The base is wonderful buttery soft leather and tobacco with a sexy soft white musk, animalic undertone but cannot compensate for the top and heart horror notes / experience.

I have a wee sample that I will sniff and even try intermittently but I will stick with the less brittle / insipid Gres Cabochard for my classic sophisticated white floral, leather / tobacco needs.

PS: A fellow perfume lover sniffed my sample and recoiled in horror, claiming that it smelt like 'there was a horse' in it! So definitely a touch animalic...
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *