Code of Conduct

Default What are your thought on Gucci Rush?

I've had an ongoing love / hate relationship with Gucci Rush for many years.

There are days I crave it, think about it, and still not spray it on… then there are days I could not even phantom the idea of it. Some days I can taste it in the back of my throat, in the most peculiar way and I wish I was wearing it…

What is it about this fragrance that gets me this way?
    What are your thoughts on it?
    Anyone really loves it? Hates it? Can you taste it?
    I don't see it in anyone’s wardrobe really, (or I've just not noticed it).

Are there other fragrances you can taste, so to speak, when you are not wearing them?
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Default Re: What are your thought on Gucci Rush?

I recently tried it for the first time and while I quite liked it, it wasn’t at all what I was expecting. On me the opening seemed very fruity, although others don’t seem to get any fruit at all ..? I also found it a bit powdery, but not in a bad way. Overall I think it is an interesting and pleasant fragrance, but I was hoping for something a bit darker and more sultry.

I have been really fond of Gucci Rush since it came out. I have sniffed it many times, tried it many times, too, and always liked it. The only reason why I don´t own it is that I don´t like the bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought it unsniffed (I know, I know...) some months ago, and really liked it!
    Before I bought it, I had heard it being described as a love/hate scent, but I just found it pleasant, maybe even a bit boring. Can just remember some flowers, patchouli and a hint of vanilla. I gave it away, though, but would most certainly have kept it, if it wasn´t for the ugly bottle, and that it was so difficult to spray from (almost impossible to make the juice hit the target).

I think it is absolutely appalling on me. I just cannot get my nose around it, and I've tried it many times. It may be the only scent that I just cannot understand or appreciate. There are fragrances I dislike and yet can appreciate, but this one sits outside by itself. I can't get past the top notes. The strong emphasis on deliberate synthetic is so forceful that it overwhelms the rest.

Well, it looks like I’m not alone in my fascination: love/hate relationship with Gucci Rush. Oh, but please don’t even start me on the hideous bottle that’s just so awkward to handle and truly never hits the targeted area intended to be sprayed. Today, however I’m craving it once again.

Thank you for your replays
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I like the "bottle" very much and wanted to like the scent, too, but on my skin it smells like carrot casserole, not very alluring...
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    ...but on my skin it smells like carrot casserole, not very alluring...
    I LOVE CARROT CASSEROLE (hehe)

Salvador Dali