Code of Conduct

Default SotD Monday 11 December

Angel again...

Wish you a great start for your week!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Monday 11 December

Since I have spent the last two days discussing him, I am going to make this a Serge Lutens week!
    I will probably dream of him as well, dressed as Santa with a huge basket filled with jinge bell-bottles
    For me, dear Serge?

Today La Myrrh, warm and comforting now the wind is howling outside.

Notes (and again my thanks to Bela on MUA):
    Mandarin, Myrrh, Lotus, Bitter almonds, Woods, Sandalwood, Honey, Jasmine, Amber, Musk, Various spices, Pimento.

I think that the Lotus and 'Hunny' will attract a certain Lady like a buzzing bee
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

21 degrees, sunny.

I was so late to work and my eye shadow was less than impeccable. I am wearing Mitsouko today. If Ms Riannon is going to make this a Serge Lutens week, I might be a little copycat and convert mine to a Guerlain week (weekdays only, since I have only got 5 different fragrances from this house).

Have a nice start everyone!

Lea. Plain old Lea, nothing extreme, lots of quiet musk underneath almonds. Absolute perfection. I forget how good this one is, and how I once thought the price was atrocious.

Dune

Goodmorning!

Tam Dao for me, it's beginning to make me very zennnnn. Rain is pouring and there's much wind, looks like autumn. A perfect day to visit my new dentist.

Trussardi Skin.

I'm in some strange sort of lemon and citrus mood lately and I can never quite find the frag I'm looking for in my wardrobe. I think the lemony ones I'm missing are Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta (which I havn't tried, only the original), Frederic Malle Cologne Bigarade (Concentrée maybe, but I've only tried the original) and I'm leaving the last one open to discussion. What am I missing lemony-wise?

The ones I have which can be put into this folder would be the already mentioned one, Trussardi Skin, Montale Soleil de Capri, Armanis Acqua di Giò (thruth to be told, I don't wear it much which might be a shame actually), maybe could add Yves Saint Laurent Live Jazz to this line of frags as well... L'Artisan Eau de L'Artisan as well, probably my favorite of the bunch, however it is more green than citrusy and finally Hermès Eau des Merveilles which is some kind of holy grail for me, but don't really fit together with the rest here. Too creamy really. Can't say I see Live Jazz fitting what I'm after either.

A lot of listing and ramblings, but so onto the question in hand please

Wearing Contradiction today.

Took a nap and woke up craving for irises, so after a shower changed into boohootiful Heure Exquise.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

arabie with dabs of narcisse noir. i may inspire some spontaneous healing as people enter the ER today...
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Mitsouko EDP

Arriba! Arriba! Rolled on generous amounts of Balenciaga's Rumba (that needs an exclamation point) for the very first time and rhumba-ed happily down the stairs. This extravagant, plummy gardenia and tuberose beauty resting on sandalwood perfect for this sparkling bright cold day! Ole!

I think that the Lotus and 'Hunny' will attract a certain Lady like a buzzing bee
    Bzzzzzz! Am already addicted from the sample you sent me.
    What am I missing lemony-wise?...
    If you can find it, try Love's Fresh Lemon (now discontinued...Buffalo Gals gave me the direct link to eBay where I got two for my Boss who is a Love slave. Can't remember or retrieve the site or I would send it to you.) Lemonade!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Not sure what I'm wearing today, I'm thinking Coco. sparkling, sweet, spicy and nice for the cool weather here.

Two that I know I will NOT be wearing, Shalimar and Dior Addict. Ick........something happened with those and just don't work on me anymore. Sad to see them go.

I'm wearing Safran Troublant this morning.

Eau Sauvage
    Wishlist is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    I'm leaving the last one open to discussion. What am I missing lemony-wise?
    I always used to love the old Eau de Monsieur Balmain. I have never smelled the new one, but I bet it is lemony to the max.

As for me today, I am in Carnation Land, thanks to JAG. Bellodgia this morning, for an old-fashioned, peppery-clovey carnation. Then later, Dianthus, the new 2006 Etro carnation, which is wonderful. Even if you think you don't like carnation, you might like this. Just a hint of pepper and clove. The emphasis is on the orange and vanilla, which make the carnation warm and sweet. Lovely, sunny.

Coco

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia
    Not sure what I'm wearing today, I'm thinking Coco. sparkling, sweet, spicy and nice for the cool weather here.

Two that I know I will NOT be wearing, Shalimar and Dior Addict. Ick........something happened with those and just don't work on me anymore. Sad to see them go.
    So sorry to hear about Shalimar and Dior Addict... I love both and could only imagine how frustrated I would be if that happened to me, although I've had an episode of something like that with Hypnotic Poison and in the end it turned out alright... On the other hand, enjoy Coco! I love it but boy does it ever hate me LOL.

Today I'm wearing no-Trouble by Boucheron (does anyone else have an issue with this name?) As much as I love the fragrance, I dislike the name and avoided wearing it just for that... But, I can hold out no longer...

Top notes: Citron, Digitalis
    Middle notes: Jasmine
    Base notes: Precious Wood, Vanilla Amber, Blue Cedar

DH is wearing Bvlgari pour Homme

Top notes: Bergamot, Lavender, Mandarin, Aldehydes
    Middle notes: Pepper, Coriander, Geranium, Carnation
    Base notes: Cedar, Amber, Tonka, Oakmoss
    Last edited by Goddess_Dreams; 11th December 2006 at 01:50 PM.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Frankincense by Demeter

Basic, woody, but lasts about a millisecond before departing quietly
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess_Dreams
    Today I'm wearing no-Trouble by Boucheron (does anyone else have an issue with this name
    Actually, I love the name... Makes me feel dangerous!

Today, it's DK Black Cashmere for me. Cinnamon-y and dry woods. Comfort with zing!

Have a great week, everyone.

Christmas is almost here!

Spent this last couple of days in Diorella. Makes me wish it was spring.

Tonight I wear Gomma.

Samsara for me today.
    ~*Christy*~

Omnia by Bulgari, bodylotion for the day, EdP added at the evening.

This is a really pleasant frag to wear at work! It is quite silent, yet with the depth of an oriental. I am very happy for it!

The board here at Basenotes made me interested in this frag. Without all you guys I might not have found it, so thank you, all!

An old favorite that I still love, Ralph Lauren Romance

Kenzo Amour! :bounce:

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Odd day: I slept in until nearly 11:00 a.m. (the benefit of being self-employed).

A basenotes Santa sent a surprise package that arrived today (:wave:shy cat ), so I'm going to take a midday shower and apply the innovative ...
    Le Sirenuse Eau d'Italie Paestum Rose
    ... which has an incredible list of notes: davana, cinnamon, pink and rose pepper, black pepper, coriander, blackcurrant buds, osmanthus, peony, Turkish rose, tea, elemi, incense, myrrh, opopanax, cedarwood, papyrus, patchouli, Wenge wood, vetiver, musk, and benzoin.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Baby Grace solid perfume for daytime, Laura Mercier Ambre Passion for the evening again

Flowerbomb Extreme today

Parfum Sacre EDP for me today.

This is a new one for me -- the transparent lemon on top is a nice change from the usual oriental. I was going to say nice enough but ...meh, not enough incense, but then I sniffed my wrist again, and it is rather nice up close. Next time, I'll have to try this when I am home and can spritz with reckless abandon, and see if that incense kicks in for me.

Polo Double Black
    Gary

Just returned from a very difficult road trip. Will soak in the bathtub with Fendi Fendi shower gel and use the matching lotion. Hope I will feel better relaxed.

Well past midnight (Boston, US) time, but I had one Ava Luxe's "Firewood," today, which got me nicely through one of those awful, grey, "winter at its heart" days here. Hope all is well with everyone else, and that hot soaks soothe us all.

ComDiva

lush's karma soap + bvlgari omnia = perfection
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel