Code of Conduct

Question Sillage/longevity and physical activity (Specifically YSL Rive Gauche)

I recently bought Rive Gauche, and have been wearing it as a daytime/work scent. It seems to disappear within an hour, but as soon as I start moving/working/sweating, etc., it comes back with "moderate" strength, but I figure if *I* can detect it, so can everyone else.

I really love this stuff (thanks Basenotes!) and would literally bathe in it if I could find it for less than US $1.00/oz. I know about olfactory "numbing", etc., but how much is too much? - specifically with RG, which many Basenoters describe as particularly pungent.

I usually spritz twice on the neck, then once on a wrist, touch both wrists, and pat my wrists on the back of my neck. This is my ritual with pretty much everything I own, except for high sillage scents like L'ea D'Issey and Yang.

I don't think RG has high sillage on me, but I can still detect a light skin scent after 4 hours.

Is it normal to apply a scent, and have it die down quickly, only to return (with gusto) with moderate physical activity? Does this mean that it is a particularly strong scent and I should use less, etc.?
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”[/FONT]

~ Robert Brault

Default Re: Sillage/longevity and physical activity (Specifically YSL Rive Gauche)

*bump*

curious as to other's experiences. I have also had this happen to me. I feel my body chemistry eats up perfumes quickly, but it really depends.
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Default Re: Sillage/longevity and physical activity (Specifically YSL Rive Gauche)

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsibility
    Is it normal to apply a scent, and have it die down quickly, only to return (with gusto) with moderate physical activity?
    absolutely. Others may be noticing it, but you arent. once your pulse rate increases, it pumps up the volume on the frag's output, so you notice it again.

and I wouldn't worry abou Rive Gauche, its longevity is deceptively potent. I've smelled it a couple days after applying!