Code of Conduct

Default Sampled some colognes today: opinions inside.

Ok, I bought Versace: The Dreamer today but while I was there I made the rounds and sampled two armfuls of the juice. Here's the scoop....

YSL - M7: Hmmmm didn't really like this one. It smelled like synthetic woman perfume. Don't understand the hype.

Hermes - Rocabar: REALLY liked this one. Reminded me of Visit. Has good staying power and complexity. Very warm, good for colder months.

Hermes - Eau d'Orange Verte: Ick. If I drained an orange on to my arm it would be about the same thing.... and might even last longer.

Azzaro PH: Very masuline. Dark and ambery. Kind of dated.

Dior - Higher: WOW. I usually I don't buy into many of the fruity fragrances, but I might have to pick this up for the summertime

Well there was probably more. There has to have been, because 3 hours later I'm still suffering olfactory overload.

Anyways.
    That's all.

Default Re: Sampled some colognes today: opinions inside.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy
    ...[snip]

Hermes - Eau d'Orange Verte: Ick. If I drained an orange on to my arm it would be about the same thing.... and might even last longer.

[snip]...
    Did you try the Concentré d'Orange Verte? It's much better and longer lasting than the original...
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

My good man, all you had to say was you bought The Dreamer. Here's your admission ticket: welcome to "The Good Taste Club," Pappy. :-)
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy
    Ok, I bought Versace: The Dreamer today but while I was there I made the rounds and sampled two armfuls of the juice. Here's the scoop....

YSL - M7: Hmmmm didn't really like this one. It smelled like synthetic woman perfume. Don't understand the hype.

Hermes - Rocabar: REALLY liked this one. Reminded me of Visit. Has good staying power and complexity. Very warm, good for colder months.

Azzaro PH: Very masuline. Dark and ambery. Kind of dated.

Dior - Higher: WOW. I usually I don't buy into many of the fruity fragrances, but I might have to pick this up for the summertime

Well there was probably more. There has to have been, because 3 hours later I'm still suffering olfactory overload.

Anyways.
    That's all.
    I buy in to your opinions except M7, which is a genuine masterpiece. It smells so good to me I rarely wear it, if that makes any sense. It's almost too special to wear! Yeah, weird, I know...but some of my favorite scents of all time...Patou, Nina Ricci PH...I rarely wear because I never want them to leave me tired of them or loose their specialness.

Dior Higher is a masterpiece! I heard of a good combination and tried it. I get a *ton* of compliments on this one:

Peach Fragrance Oil with Dior Higher on top.

Yes, Higher is more of a "summer scent" for sure. I don't see why wearing it indoors in the colder months would not be a great way to enjoy (and have others enjoy) it.