Code of Conduct

Question Yves St Laurent product line...the cupboards were bare

It seems to me that shortly before Tom Ford left Yves St. Laurent for greener pastures, about 12 months or so, the YSL product line-minus Jazz,Opium, and the citrus YSL-were fairly easy to find here in Canada.

The Bay and Sears, being two of the largest retailers here, seemed to carry most of the line and the shelves were handsomely stocked.

M7, Rive Gauche, and Kouros were all within reach as I'd peruse the edt offerings a regular basis.

Then I noticed the product being pulled and marked down at Sears, yanked from the Bay, and marked significantly further at the large pharmacy chains.

Alas, now there is virtually nothing left except a few bottles of Kouros and the new Homme, which is fairly ubiquitous and tame as are most of the offerings from the mass-market lines.

Does anyone know if there was an intentional purge of these Ford-era influenced products or is there just something wrong with YSL's North American approach?

I, for one, would gladly make the Opium edp my signature scent if I could find it and the product line easily.

Default Re: Yves St Laurent product line...the cupboards were bare

Have you tried Holt Renfrew? I don't know if there's on in Ottawa, but they carry the full line and I'm sure they would ship you anything you want.

This might explain why at discounters we started seeing YSL stuff; the department stores usu dump their merchandise there.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Sofresh,
    Even the Holts has ridded itself of a lot of YSL product.
    Hmmm..Earth to France, come in France.

I went to the YSL boutique on rodeo today and they do stock everything there so I got my little eduaction. Shoudl have tried ladies' "Nu" too but didn't think about it.

Yep, I live in the Toronto area and aside from a few spots YSL fragrances are non-existant. Walmart has Opium Edt, Department stores usually have YSL PH, sometimes you see Kouros or Rive Gauche in Shoppers Drug mart though rarely.

I've never seen a bottle of M7, Jazz/Live Jazz, Body Kouros, or Opium EDP at any retailer aside from once I saw Live Jazz at one of the independant importers perfume shops.

Fortunately, I'm one of the people who believe YSL fragrances are just brutally overrated. None that I really enjoy. No doubt though they aren't very common around here.

Please don't let the same thing happen here in South East Asia, still plenty of YSL here in Jakarta, Indonesia and Singapore. Still on the shelves are Kouros,Kouros Sport,Rive Gauche PH,Opium PH,Live Jazz,Jazz,Original PH,Body Kouros, Kouros Ete(blue juice),M7, I haven't seen the new PH which I don't particularly care for after reading some of the reactions and comments
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47