Code of Conduct

Default Would you consider Cuiron to be masculine or closer to unisex?

I'd be curious to know your opinions on this.

Default Re: Would you consider Cuiron to be masculine or closer to unisex?

I don't know man ... I consider Cuiron to be one of the most masculine scents I own, or have ever tried.

I can't even imagine this on a woman unless she had hairy armpits and a handlebar moustache.

Cuiron is a favorite of my gf's, and she's quite feminine by all accounts. I actually like it better on her than on me. She says it makes her feel "capable" (and I consider her too enlightened for "capable" to be a by-word for "masculine" here)

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor

Trebor: I tried to reply to your PM but your box is full .

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Lightninrod,

There should be some space now!

Cheers.

nearfantastica

Though they are completely different scents.. I place Cuiron in the same gender-bending category as I do "Costume National Intense"... I find that both fragrances have a dark/serious character about them.. but are both lush, fruity and soft in their own rights. I wear both with utter confidence, but could easily see someone of the opposite gender walking by and enticing me with Cuiron's subtle leather accord...

Especially when you compare it to other hardcore leather's like Trussardi and Bel Ami... Cuiron walks the middle line as well as any of them..

Would a woman smell "masculine" in Cuiron? No. She would smell, assertive.

a.

I think I need to keep trying it but so far I would saay cuiron should be worn . . . by a machine!

Thrax

I dig cuiron a bunch. I dont think it could be easily pulled off by a woman. Easy masculine...

I agree that it is very masculine, but I think that the right kind of woman could easily pull it off and make it work. In fact, I'd LOVE to meet the kind of woman who could wear this and Belami with not think a second about it. Definitely she wouldn't be your everyday Paris Hilton or Brittany Spears. Either of those two try putting on Cuiron and they'd stink to high heaven.

But, Coco Chanel? She could have done it (and probably did wear something similar at some point). So could Jil Sander or somebody like Judi Dench.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

I usually don't care for these kinds of questions, but for once I thought it was a quite interesting one.

Cuiron is in my opinion not easy to label just like that. Ego´ste is a fragrance we quite often see used my women, and even though I love it screams (well not quite as loud as Antheaus) MAN too loud for me to feel quite comfortable in it. Or well, I probably will by and use it a lot soon, because I really feel it is great. But still, trying to come to my point. Cuiron never does that to me, it's silky smoothness could very easily translate to a female wearer I believe and never tries too hard with anything. I get no male only notes at all, hell I don't even find that leather even though I've used it so many years now.

It was the feminine side of Cuiron which got me interested in fragrances actually. It never felt like the "colognes" I had sniffed before, there was simply nothing like it (among the household brands we had in my town).

With all this being said, I still do see it as a man's fragrance, but it sure is no stereotype all male scent.
    Last edited by shifts; 13th December 2006 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor
    IMO Cuiron is more masculine than unisex, but that doesn't mean I couldn't see a woman pulling it off. I may rise my eyebrows, but not because I would think she has crossed some line of smelling appropriately like a woman should. No, I would do that for curiosity! That woman clearly must have a strong taste of her own and give a rats ass for gender stereotypes at least when she chooses her fragrance!

-T-

IMHO, it is masculine all the way.

If woman can wear a leather jacket, she might as well wear Cuiron, it depends on the clothing IMHO, but Cuiron and the leather jacket will remain more on the masculine side ....
    dr.creed's decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

A woman can pull Cuiron off easily - I mean, Bandit and Tabac Blond are women's 'fumes after all. It's a lightish fruity leather, not something hard-core.

The thing with Bandit is, there are two completely different fragrances. The Eau de Toilette, which is very masculine (I doubt a woman can pull it off) and there's the Eau de Parfum version, which is a pink floral that smells a bit dirty IMHO. The EdP was too girly for me so I sold it again. The EdT for me is one of the hardest fragrances to wear in terms of wearability, but I like it quite a bit.
    dr.creed's decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon