Code of Conduct

Default SotD Wednesday 13 December (St.Lucia's Day)

Can't get enough of irises, so Hiris for me today.

Have a wonderful Wednesday, hope St.Lucia will bring light into the darkness!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 13 December (St.Lucia's Day)

I'm wearing my Cuoio di Russia from I Profumi di Firenze, that the lovely Rotkappchen bought for me. :toppie:

It arrived yesterday and after a very short night (political thunderstorms in the Netherlands) it helps me to wake up and get myself started.

dior's eau de dolce vita.

im going out tonight.

been bored lately.
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel

The strangely misnamed Acier Aluminum, thanks to my Canadian friend. It's gone to the To Buy list, despite a brief but momentous interlude where a fishy metallic note appeared.

The rest is all good.

19 degrees, rainy miserable day.

Continuation of my Guerlain week, my midweek choice is Champs-Elysees, I try to give myself a lift with that. Also, I am going to see Paris, Je'taime tonight, I suppose this would work to compliment the movie.

Somehow SL's Fumerie Turque was never sampled 'in the real' because the wax sample they sent me was not really pleasant.
    But it will be here at last in the Limited Export edition and thanks to a wonderful SA I now have two samples with the real liquid to test.

I am afraid I will need them both because this really is one of the Lutens' that are not the kind of 'love at first whiff' on my skin. Lots of smoke don't usually do the trick for me. But, I will give Lutens' enough time to woo me

Notes sound delicious, except the Balkan Tobacco, that is : thanks again, wonderful Bela on MUA!

Currants, White honey, Candied Turkish rose, Egyptian jasmine, Smoked leather, Beeswax, Strong Balkan tobacco, Peru balsam, Patchouli, Tonka bean, Styrax, Juniper oil, Vanilla.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

YSL Nu (EdP)

I have a late start, but I think I will wear Angel.
    Should be suitable for Lucia-day

summer means fireflys

Another day, another test-wearing ... today it's Ligea "La Sirena" by Carthusia.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Flower le Parfum for me today.

When I finally manged to get out of bed (a tough one today:P) I took a shower and put on some Opium Fleur imperiale.Love that scent!!

Aimez Moi for me today. It just feels so right.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Being the day of St. Lucia, I should be wearing something like L'Artisan Safrant Troublant or CSP Sultan Safran, but chose Agatha Brown Imperial Jade Emperor instead.

Greetings to all! Rochas Femme for me today.

Trouble for me today.
    ~*Christy*~

Happy Saint Lucia's day to our Svenska Flickas!! (and poikes[sp?]) too) :bounce:Am test driving Ineke samples today. (GREAT presentation you guys...LOVED the little bottles nestled in tissue in their slipcased drawers, banded together in a grey suede-y drawstring pouch. Superior graphics! )

So far it's After My Own Heart..."the scent of fresh lilacs floating on the early evening breeze"...and it sure is. A very convincing lilac with some bergamot, a little bit of green and a hint of sandalwood.

Problem may be longevity - it's only been an hour and AMOH is fading fast. Waaaah! But it's been a great hour!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Calycanthus - Acca Kappa
    Wishlist is pointless.

Miss Dior for me. Wore some No. 19 yesterday and started an inclination toward green chypres.

Good morning all. Today it's about 53 degrees and impending rain in NYC. As thus, the air is heavy and full and I actually love this sort of weather. Today I'm wearing Givenchy Ysatis. The opening has been gorgeous with powerful sillage. Now it's quite close to my skin (or am I acclimating? I wish I knew how odiferous I am to others!) and I am longing for another blast of these creamy flowers.

Ysatis, according to Osmoz
    Top note : Mandarin, Galbanum, Rosewood, Coconut Middle note : Tuberose, Jasmine, Narcissus, Carnation Base note : Patchouli, Sandal, Castoreum, Civet
    Last edited by mochi227; 13th December 2006 at 02:06 PM.
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Last night as Datura Noir was starting to drift away I too was ready for bed, so I decided to spray on some Cašmir to lull me to sleep. The moment my DH got a whiff of it, he murmurs already half asleep.... ”Yum, white chocolate. What are you wearing?” When I told him, and I don't think he even heard me, as he went on: "You know, it's not just any white chocolate... It's that Lindt white chocolate little balls, but this is so like the soft white chocolate liquid inside it...".

Ladies, my husband LOVES his chocolate, and seems to be an expert when it comes to deciphering various scents even when it comes to its origin and maker: Lindt, Toblerone, Nutella, Nestlé, Haigh's Chocolates, Mozart Kugel Delights … he can tell me when something smells like hot-chocolate as opposed to truffles, and milk chocolate as opposed to rich dark 80% cacoa (my favorite). Alright enough about chocolate, now that I’m starting to crave it…

My SotD is Boucheron Initial -- inspired by the honey thread started by ineespenes.

Top notes: Cassis leaves, Mandarin, Pepper
    Middle notes: Rose, Jasmine, Immortelle, Patchouli
    Base notes: Honey, Almond, Musk

DH is wearing Eryo by Yves Rocher

Top Notes: Bergamot, Mint
    Middle Notes: Costus, Benzoin
    Base Notes: Vanilla
    Last edited by Goddess_Dreams; 13th December 2006 at 02:04 PM.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Awph! Just sent a project out on proof and can now go back to thinking my own thoughts: F R A G R A N C E S !!!

Shiseido Feminite du Bois today.

Why is it you always want to wear the fragrance you have the least of?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

My frag of today is of course my Teaser-frag: J del Pozo In Black. The bodylotion for the day, and now, in the eve, the EdT. Twolf has written a very good review of it in the Teaser-thread. The notes I have found somewhere on internet says:

Top: Black Cherry, Black Pepper, Grapefruit
    Heart: Top Rose, Black Lily, Jasmina, Violet
    Base: Licore Wood, Madagascan Vanilla, Morrocan Cedar, Indonesian Patchouli

So you are right about the pepper, Twolf!

This frag is not possible to get here, either. The few stores who had it stopped to sell it this august! The company who sold it has got new cooperation-partners, and don´t deliver this frag no more, I have been told. I have a 30 mL bottle and the body lotion, and I don´t dare to fall too much in love in it, as I might not find it no more...
    Last edited by Margareta; 13th December 2006 at 10:16 PM.

Me and Tigs are scent twins today :wave: - Hiris!
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Vol de Nuit

SMN, Peau d'Espagne for tonight.

again I´m in no-perfume-environments, so again I am wearing Baby Brace solid perfume for the daytime. For the evening Prada Tendre, I love this SO much better than the original Prada

Pierre de Lune pour moi. I love this frag. So gentle, yet so elegant. Sweet, but not cloying. Why does it have to cost so much?

Mitsouko edt is being an angel today (chilly, raw, gray and rainy here today).

St. Lucia blessings to all those who observe.

Tested a sample of DK Black Cashmere from Twolf, many moons ago. Sigh, I miss flowers. I plan to take a bath today (I'm exhausted...) and will apply Sacrebleu after for a lift in my spirits.

I think I need that intense light therapy, or perhaps some electroshock.

I'm wearing Bvlgari Black again and can't seem to get enough of it. Only thing is I have to re-apply, since it's not long lasting, at least on my skin.
    Tomorrow I plan to be wearing L'Artisan Dzongkha, thanks to Twolf - grazie, bambina!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Ah, olfactory electro-spring-shock. I slathered myself in Pennhaligon's Bluebell lotion, which I haven't worn since spring. I feel like a happy bulb. Amazing!

First by Van Cleef and Arpels. Nice on a crisp December shopping day. It's sort of made to go with wool sweaters and wool coats.

Tabac Blond EDC today. I'm beginning to think I should get a second 170ml like Tinker did.

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady
    [b]So far it's After My Own Heart..."the scent of fresh lilacs floating on the early evening breeze"...and it sure is. A very convincing lilac with some bergamot, a little bit of green and a hint of sandalwood.

Problem may be longevity - it's only been an hour and AMOH is fading fast. Waaaah! But it's been a great hour!
    I had the same response initially, and found a more generous initial spritzing held up pretty well (lilacs for several hours, the musk/sandalwood drydown for 10 hrs or so).

I'm a nut for lilacs (grew up in a house with a hedge full) so AMOH is on my short list for spring. And given the pricing is for a relatively generous 2.5 oz, I won't mind carrying a purse spray around for touchups.

Polo Double Black
    Gary

Chanel Coco

Lady In Black, try adding some Lolita Lempicka to your Bulgari. I find that the two seem to accentuate one another beautifully and the longevity is increased.

Today a friend at work let me sample her Tovah. I was surprised. It is a nice citrusy, light scent, like sweet lemonade, at least to my nose. I liked it very much. The drydown was a bit musky on me, though, maybe it is my skin chemistry. The most similar thing in my wardrobe to this would be my Chanel no. 19, I think. I'm just really into my deeper darker scents these days.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Vanille Noire du Mexique

Thank you rtamara41, I'll try layering Black with LL for sure, although I fear that the slight star anise note in Black will be enhanced by the licorice in LL, too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker