Code of Conduct

Question projecting a scent?

Greetings all...last night, testing Serge Lutens Santal Blanc (thanks to the incredibly generous docpsycho), the idea of "projecting" a scent came to me. Maybe it's actually the scent, and not the wearer, doing the projecting. Santal Blanc is gorgeous, and I felt I had a cloud of luxury surrounding me. Then I began to "feel" this scent: I felt sumptuous and heady, rich and ancient, mysterious yet approachable. Was I projecting this into the scent, or did the scent project these feelings/images onto me?

I know this is a rather abstract question, but I was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced a feeling with a certain scent that either they are projecting the scent (e.g. "throwing" the scent, if you will, into the space around you) or if it is the scent who's got the wearer by the chain.

Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Default Re: projecting a scent?

Sorry, never tried Santal Blanc and I can't answer your question, but wow, what a brilliant idea!! I can't wait to experiment with this scent-projecting notion and see what happens...

Default Re: projecting a scent?

I think that the two are surely, intricately interwoven together, at least for me they always are. I choose fragrances that feel like a special part of me somehow on some higher level and allow me to project that something I might be feeling or wish to be, or even strive for. And yet some days, that intricate special something is to smell as much as possible just like a chocolate bar, because that is the special treat I want to project .
    Last edited by Goddess_Dreams; 13th December 2006 at 04:16 PM.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali