Code of Conduct

Thread: 6-month hiatus

Default 6-month hiatus

It's a sign from above. I mean my darn allergy. The moment I stop taking my antihistamines I start looking like...ah, you don't wanna know. Higher powers have decided I need to take a break from basenotes and perfume excesses. I just received my deadline for my second book, which you need as a German academic to qualify for tenure (provided you find a chair anywhere). So I'll be writing away like a madman until roughly July, changing diapers and shlepping around an occasionally cranky baby girl on the side, and one thing is certain: I won't get done with all this spending all the time I do here.
    I'll definitively be back though. Triumphantly, after having handed in my 400-page schtick. Meanwhile I'm locking up the fragfridge doors, so if anybody is in dire need of a decant from my exquisite collection , please let me know in the next couple of days. Y'know, baby needs shoes (I mortgaged them for a decant of Vetiver extraordinaire).

So, y'all have yerself a great smelly X-mas, fragrant New Year, and scent-happy first half-of-2007.

C U in July.
    the_good_life
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Default Re: 6-month hiatus

Can't wait to have you back in six months time! Oh, and thanks for being here, I really enjoy your postings...

Yep, good luck on your writings and appreciate your knowledge and advice on all things...not just frags. Look forward to your return.

barry

You are writing a book in German; I am taking a German exam. What a bond we have.

It will be sad to see a member like you take 6 months off but you give good reason and promise a return so I can live with it. Enjoy the time off!

I will miss having you around, have enjoyed your presence.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Have a good life, er, the_good_life !
    -

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life
    It's a sign from above. I mean my darn allergy. The moment I stop taking my antihistamines I start looking like...ah, you don't wanna know. Higher powers have decided I need to take a break from basenotes and perfume excesses. I just received my deadline for my second book... C U in July.
    the_good_life
    Allergy, that's a bad reason - particularly if it's from fragrance.
    The book is a good reason. Now I can stop worrying about your career!
    Too bad I have exempted my budget until after Christmas. I can't even afford looking into your shop!
    You sure know how to write, viel Erfolg trotzdem!
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Sorry that you will be gone for that long, but glad you will be back. I enjoy reading you posts and will certainly miss you.

I wish you the best my friend, in your writing (you are good at it).

And yes take care of the baby girl .
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"