Code of Conduct

Default Van Cleef & Arpels Murmure

I have a decant of Murmure, and I'm giving it a second trial tonight. The first time I tried it I didn't care for it - it seemed loud, potent and somewhat harsh. This evening, it is absolutely gorgeous and soft - no harsh notes. Chemistry, go figure. I'm so in love with jasmine lately. Anyone else familiar with this one, and do you like it or not?

Here are the notes from Osmoz:

Top notes: mandarin, freesia, white roses

Middle notes: sambac jasmine, orange blossoms, cassie flower

Base notes: vanilla, cedar wood, rosewood

Creators: Alberto Morillas and Jacques Cavallier

Default Re: Van Cleef & Arpels Murmure

Got a bottle of Murmure cheap at Marshall's last year, almost by chance but not entirely blind Your observation about this scent being capricious is right on: one can never predict which note will be loudest this particular time, and sometimes it does behave in a discordant way, like a garment that's too stiff from too much starch on it! I crave it on the hottest days of summer, as there is certain coolness about the whole composition, even in 3 -4 hours after it has been applied and should become all mellow with vanilla and woods. Some people can't cope with its rosewood, others find its cassie flower too peculiar, but they are what makes Murmure stand out.

Jasmine in general, I noticed, is a very sensitive note to what you ate last night, and after a couple of experiments with Indian and Mexican cuisines, I figured out that Murmure smells better if you do not consume too much spices (same can be applied to Montale Jasmine Full!).

That being said, let me point out I am not going to part with Murmure any time soon, although I would gladly make small samples to anyone willing to try it.

I bought my Murmure at Marshall's too, and find it a great summer scent...perfect for beach days and evenings. I admit I was not thrilled with the drydown at first but maybe it related to the dietary spices (hadn't considered that) as when the fare was fruits and salads, I enjoyed Murmure quite a bit.

Ah...so it's not just me, it is a capricious scent. Interesting about jasmine and spicy foods. I was not aware of that, but now I will definitely take note. You know, I have no idea what rosewood smells like. They're talking about it on another thread. My mom has an old rosewood ladies' desk, but it has no odor.